Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate clothes shopping. šŸ‘—šŸ‘–šŸ‘š I could not think of anything worse than traipsing around shops, trying on a million and one garments in minging, stinky, stuffy changing rooms šŸ¤¢ and then having to queue for ages to pay. Also people are twats and it makes the whole thing 10x worse. šŸ˜¤
Omg. Yes! bleeping hate it!

Stupid music. Stupid layouts. Never in the size I want.
Urgh

Reactions: 1
This is going to make me sound like a grump but twice I complained about music. Once in a shop and once in a gym.

I was JD Sports with my daughter, who was about 11, at the time and they were blasting out some serious rap music that was very sweary. Totally inappropriate. It was the same with the gym and that was also when I'd taken my daughter swimming. It's not just that I had my daughter with me but the music was just really inappropriate.
My partner has done the same in the gym.

Reactions: 3
Or when someone says something along the lines ofā€¦ ā€œthe moon is aligning with my zodiac star sign, it must be Mercury retrograde because I cannot control my emotionsā€¦ā€ šŸ¤Ø

Whereas a normal adult would admit and just say ā€œIā€™m being a c**tā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Russell Brand is a bloody weirdo.
Hey thatā€™s four things we agree on!

I also hate it when poor mental health is used as an excuse for bad and abusive behavior.

You can be in the pits of despair but still be kind.

The phrase 'word salad' was invented for him.
And simon Hooper ( father of daughters) ! Come to his thread in families to see how he talked about keeping his young daughterā€™s milk bottle in between his crotch to keep it warm.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Fashion is becoming soo bizarre. I am definitely getting old

View attachment 1538271
Eg this is awful

I had a outfit like this in the early 70s I wore it to the circus. I thought I looked the bollocks but probably looked like one of the clowns I was only about 12/13 though. šŸ¤£

When the circus left town, so did my sister, her and her friend run away with them. become acrobats on horses for a year or so, then came home again.

I had forgotten about that šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I had a outfit like this in the early 70s I wore it to the circus. I thought I looked the bollocks but probably looked like one of the clowns I was only about 12/13 though. šŸ¤£

When the circus left town, so did my sister, her and her friend run away with them. become acrobats on horses for a year or so, then came home again.

I had forgotten about that šŸ˜
Running away with the circus is the stuff you read about in story books. What did your parents say.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Running away with the circus is the stuff you read about in story books. What did your parents say.

Yes she always made a joke that she was someone who really did run away with the circus Everyone at her funeral laughed loudly when her eulogy was read out. Made me sad later that we had never chatted about it as adults.

Our parents were not normal caring parents . Enough said about that

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So true.
And shops are like bloody discos theses days, blaring out awful music.
I walk out of places if the music is too loud. I'm hearing impaired and would like to actually hear the person serving me talk.

Reactions: 7
Christmas music in shops is the absolute worse. How those working in retail put up with it I will never know I would have to walk out. Would not be too bad if it was just in the two weeks before Christmas but its not its a couple of months before Christmas.

I have lost count how many times I have abandoned my trolley and walked out due to Christmas music.

Reactions: 9
Christmas music in shops is the absolute worse. How those working in retail put up with it I will never know I would have to walk out. Would not be too bad if it was just in the two weeks before Christmas but its not its a couple of months before Christmas.

I have lost count how many times I have abandoned my trolley and walked out due to Christmas music.
specially as they now start playing it early november..

Reactions: 8

Yep it's dreadful. Worked as waitress when I was a student and dreaded when Christmas season rolled around. The same playlist of songs every single evening, repeated over and over. Grim.

Reactions: 5
I canā€™t stand Christmas songs but for some reason I just love all I want for Christmas is you by Mariah Carey šŸ«£

• Haha
  • Heart
It has nothing to do with race and thatā€™s the issue, anytime someone raises an issue of the safety of such an event, someone brings race into it

Also ā€˜White eventsā€™ of that number arenā€™t held in residential areas, thatā€™s the issue. Yes there is dickheads at festivals and crime and whatnot but nottinghill carnival causes ALOT of damages.

Having a quick google apparently it attracts a million people!? Do you not think thatā€™s insane number of people in residential areas partying/drinking/doing drugs!?
At reading festival this weekend tents were set on fire and people (children) left early because they were scared. At Leeds festival a 16 year old boy died. Nobodyā€™s calling to cancel those though?

Reactions: 2
At reading festival this weekend tents were set on fire and people (children) left early because they were scared. At Leeds festival a 16 year old boy died. Nobodyā€™s calling to cancel those though?
Did anyone say nottinghill carnival needs to be cancelled though? It was said it needs to be moved away from residential area and into a more secure environment eg like a festival style where endless properties and businesses donā€™t get damaged, in a field the chances of major damage is less risky

I remember a time when Christmas music etc only kicked in around 8 December. My birthday is 15 November and it all seems to be in full swing by then nowadays

Did anyone say nottinghill carnival needs to be cancelled though? It was said it needs to be moved away from residential area and into a more secure environment eg like a festival style where endless properties and businesses donā€™t get damaged, in a field the chances of major damage is less risky
Thatā€™s not the point of Notting Hill carnival though. The carnival and where it is held is a very important significant part of black history, but letā€™s just forget that cos people donā€™t like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s not the point of Notting Hill carnival though. The carnival and where it is held is a very important significant part of black history, but letā€™s just forget that cos people donā€™t like it.
Nottinghill carnival has completely outgrown the area itā€™s held in. If the organisers wish to hold a carnival on that scale, with that many people in attendance, over multiple days they either need to pay for and organise sufficient private security cover to work alongside the police and provide a comprehensive clean up operation afterwards or they limit the numbers and have it as a 1 day event that runs until the early evening. Either that or it is moved off site to a non residential location where thereā€™s the area and appropriate services/facilities to hold a festival of that size. Itā€™s got nothing to do with race, nothing to do with whether people like it or not, itā€™s just simple logistical issues that make it unsuitable in its current format.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Nottinghill carnival has completely outgrown the area itā€™s held in. If the organisers wish to hold a carnival on that scale, with that many people in attendance, over multiple days they either need to pay for and organise sufficient private security cover to work alongside the police and provide a comprehensive clean up operation afterwards or they limit the numbers and have it as a 1 day event that runs until the early evening. Either that or it is moved off site to a non residential location where thereā€™s the area and appropriate services/facilities to hold a festival of that size. Itā€™s got nothing to do with race, nothing to do with whether people like it or not, itā€™s just simple logistical issues that make it unsuitable in its current format.
It used to be two days, now itā€™s three, due to the volume of people who attend. Moving it from Notting Hill defeats the point of the carnival. Itā€™s a carnival, not a festival held in a park with bands. People who actually attend to find it unsuitable itā€™s just all you people seeing it on tv moaning cos you hate to see people have enjoyment.
Do you even know why we have the carnival there?

Reactions: 4
It used to be two days, now itā€™s three, due to the volume of people who attend. Moving it from Notting Hill defeats the point of the carnival. Itā€™s a carnival, not a festival held in a park with bands. People who actually attend to find it unsuitable itā€™s just all you people seeing it on tv moaning cos you hate to see people have enjoyment.
Do you even know why we have the carnival there?
You are deliberately missing the point and trying to turn it into a race issue. What canā€™t you understand - THE CARNIVAL IS TOO BIG TO BE HELD IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA! IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO POLICE, CAUSES TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO THE AREA WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE & WORK, AND IS NO LONGER SUITABLE TO BE HELD IN THE WAY IT HAS HISTORICALLY BEEN HELD.
Scale it down or move it. Itā€™s that simple.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.