Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See also: horoscopes/star signs etc

load of bollocks. Soon as somebody asks me my star sign I zone out and know I Cba with the rest of the convo
I googled it. It's 100% the reason I get on better with one sister then another!

P.s I dislike Scorpios. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't mind tarot cards too much as long as you're not stupid and waste all of your money on them

Obviously a lot of the messages are very general/possibly tailored to you but I often find it to be a good way to do some reflection with guidance

Reactions: 1
I hate clothes shopping. 👗👖👚 I could not think of anything worse than traipsing around shops, trying on a million and one garments in minging, stinky, stuffy changing rooms 🤢 and then having to queue for ages to pay. Also people are twats and it makes the whole thing 10x worse. 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Is it an UO to say that the Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs 'scandal' was a big load of nothing, totally blown out of proportion? Also Andrew Sachs cashed in by getting a role in Corrie after

Reactions: 10
I like Jamie Oliver. Yes, he's made some gaffes but his heart is in the right place even if he doesn't always get it right how he goes about things.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Actually I’ve been seeing on social media and the news about the vandalism at the reading and leeds festivals too, they were actually setting stuff on fire and throwing bottles of piss 🤮. I don’t even need to mention wireless either because I’m sure you’ve all seen the absolute carnage that went on there!
This is the worst I've seen but throwing bottles of piss went on at Donington in 1990 and 1991 and again in Reading in 1997. It's always happened. There wasn't the carnage that we've seen here but tents would often get pillaged and I ended up leaving Reading 1997 on the Sunday night as I was fed up of crap toilets, overpriced food and drinks and generally feeling scummy. Thank god I'm now a...ahem...grown up!!

Reactions: 4
This is the worst I've seen but throwing bottles of piss went on at Donington in 1990 and 1991 and again in Reading in 1997. It's always happened. There wasn't the carnage that we've seen here but tents would often get pillaged and I ended up leaving Reading 1997 on the Sunday night as I was fed up of crap toilets, overpriced food and drinks and generally feeling scummy. Thank god I'm now a...ahem...grown up!!
Piss throwing has gone on for years.

In the '80's and I went to football matches and would stand on the terraces. I cannot tell you how much piss cascaded down those steps during the match.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I hate clothes shopping. 👗👖👚 I could not think of anything worse than traipsing around shops, trying on a million and one garments in minging, stinky, stuffy changing rooms 🤢 and then having to queue for ages to pay. Also people are twats and it makes the whole thing 10x worse. 😤
So true.
And shops are like bloody discos theses days, blaring out awful music.

Reactions: 4
I bloody despise NYE. I always have. Worse still I’m Scottish and I get “ooh bet you love Hogmanay”. “Bet you have a load of drams at Hogmanay”. “Ready for Auld Lang Syne”
Nope. I hide under my duvet. Me and my partner say Happy New Year, he’ll toast absent friends and fallen comrades (ex military) and then we go to bed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So true.
This is going to make me sound like a grump but twice I complained about music. Once in a shop and once in a gym.

I was JD Sports with my daughter, who was about 11, at the time and they were blasting out some serious rap music that was very sweary. Totally inappropriate. It was the same with the gym and that was also when I'd taken my daughter swimming. It's not just that I had my daughter with me but the music was just really inappropriate.

Reactions: 5
So true.
To attract the youth but really they aren’t the ones with much £££ to be spending on their overpriced trainers and tracksuits!

This is going to make me sound like a grump but twice I complained about music. Once in a shop and once in a gym.

I was JD Sports with my daughter, who was about 11, at the time and they were blasting out some serious rap music that was very sweary. Totally inappropriate. It was the same with the gym and that was also when I'd taken my daughter swimming. It's not just that I had my daughter with me but the music was just really inappropriate.
You totally did the right thing. Hope their response was acceptable and they turned it off??

Piss throwing has gone on for years.

In the '80's and I went to football matches and would stand on the terraces. I cannot tell you how much piss cascaded down those steps during the match.
This is absolutely rank isn’t it. Big groups of people on drugs and booze are dangerous. Never throw piss round the Asda do they but surrounded by their mates loads od boys/men think they’re hard. 🫥

Reactions: 3

I hate clothes shopping and thanks to my weird proportions hate online clothes shopping too.
And I HATE going to the post office to return things.

I know this sounds really odd but I work a lot of night shifts and if I go shopping after my 3rd shift in a row (I'm in the swing of it then) I get to the shops around 8-9am. Not too busy if I need to buy something for an event. I suppose its just like nipping to the shops after a 9-5 job, apart from its generally not heaving with folk.

Although that rule doesn't apply for Primark. Ever. That's a no go zone at all costs.

Reactions: 1
You totally did the right thing. Hope their response was acceptable and they turned it off??
the guy in the gym was only about 20 and I just don't think he thought about it. Once I said there's kids and old people here he was really apologetic. I think he was listening to what he wanted.

JD I was a bit more surprised with. I thought all these chains had a playlist. They didn't seem bothered, So I walked out.

Reactions: 2
Fashion is becoming soo bizarre. I am definitely getting old

F5A947B2-6393-4997-AFB8-27FC16DFBE34.jpeg

Eg this is awful

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Agree NYE is tit. My last good NYE was in the West Country in 1994.

I always had this vision that NYE would be this great thing, everyone seemed to have a better time than me. I spent years with real FOMO, as everyone I knew went 'out' or to parties where kids weren't invited. But then once my kids were older and I could go out again, I realised it was all tit anyway.

Finally last year at the age of 49 I accepted NYE is a pile of wank, spent the evening at home with my now Ex, and was actually really happy, even if he fell asleep at 9pm (he woke up just before midnight when fireworks started going off). I'll be staying in on my own this year and really couldn't care less.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.