Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
We don’t need to be informed of every health development of Kate Garraways’s husband. The poor guy has his dignity violated almost every week with photos of him in hospital. The guy seems to be suffering badly since Covid, but, bless him, he’s not a celebrity but the spouse of a tv presenter. I don’t understand the constant reporting of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 61

Pinkii

VIP Member
My UO today is, some users on this forum are actually quite unstable and really need to step away from their screens. They literally grasp at straws to criticise an influencer 🤣

Or they see things they want to see, like omg did you see her face when so and so said this or did that, she was FUMING! then you watch the clip and its just a standard face, literally showing no reaction 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

nicalibres

VIP Member
Nah if I’d been married and my husband married someone else a year and a half after I died I’d come back as a ghost and haunt the cunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Ok I will spice it up with one of my unpopular opinions (it’s unpopular for my age group, but perhaps not for older people)
UO: the burka should be banned. It’s degrading af and idc if it’s a religious or cultural thing, the burka and what it represents has absolutely no place in civilized societies. Maybe I sound backwards to some, but I used to live in a 40% muslim area with children as young as 3 running about in burkas, so please don’t tell me it’s a ‘woman's choice’ either, I’ve seen too many people who have clearly been forced into wearing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My dog has a bow tie collection and I love it 🤣 judge me all you want he looks proper dapper

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Listen here. I had the name, but he didn’t look like his name, it took me a day or two 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
You see I don't get the ' I want to see what they look like' thing. Most babies look like old people and gargoyles when they're born. On that aspect they'd all be called Doris or Quasi. My daughter was a ventouse delivery and was a proper conehead. We stuck with our planned name 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30

jackolantern

VIP Member
I'd rather talk about morbidly obese trans Janice from the estate, breastfeeding while singing He's got the whole world in his hands and eating a fig roll than fucking Covid :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Another example of obvious racism then, for context, I am mixed race, I consider myself to have light skin. My son, darker then me.

I went into work a while ago and naturally I am darker then in winter months due to how much I love to tan, and somebody walked in and said ‘fucking hell peaches colour of you, you’re almost as dark as your son’ and everybody laughed. It was embarrassing, rude and made me feel really really uncomfortable.

Had I reported it, or spoke up, I’d have been seen as dramatic, so you suck it up and roll your eyes. These are things that happen daily, but of course it’s not white peoples issues it’s apparently the issue of the black person?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

jackolantern

VIP Member
Ok I'm gonna drop it, yall it's been a blast you not hating me (well I'm sure plenty of you do already :LOL:)

I don't give a fuck about black lives matter. The movement not ethnicity I'm not that cuntish. I know people don't like to admit it, but we fundamentally all have our own shit and issues and you just can't care about them all and I think people who pretend they do are just liars tbh. I think you absolutely fuck yourself if you get emotionally invested in every cause. That's not to say I don't agree with the principals, but at if I'm being brutally honest, they don't affect me and I don't treat one ethnic group any different to another so for me, I've done my bit. I accept it's selfish to say so, but you need to be sometimes. I don't feel performative activism changes that. I can say with 100% certainty every single person in my life who preaches about BLM has done nothing more than share a graphic on socials. Most of these people are also the same types to have used racist slurs in the past.

#burnthelantern?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
We don’t need to be informed of every health development of Kate Garraways’s husband. The poor guy has his dignity violated almost every week with photos of him in hospital. The guy seems to be suffering badly since Covid, but, bless him, he’s not a celebrity but the spouse of a tv presenter. I don’t understand the constant reporting of it.
Agreed. Enough now.

Let him have some privacy and dignity.

Reactions: 24

BonBon27

VIP Member
I think people with children lose the ability to remember life before children. I saw a tik tok the other day, about how it’s rude to find screaming kids on a plane annoying.

Sorry, whilst I would never say or do anything, screaming kids in public is fucking annoying and don’t pretend you wouldn’t of found it irritating before you had them, because you would of. I hate how people don’t think your life is complete till you have a child, and I find a lot of mums look down on you if you don’t plan too soon. Why shouldn’t I want my life to me right now, with all my money going on me? I would never tell a mum to not have children so why do they think it’s acceptable to tell me I NEED to have them. They also don’t usually consider people’s fertility issues.
I have children and I still find screaming kids in public fucking annoying! Mums who say they aren’t annoying are liars.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
I am sick to death of ‘whataboutism’ with regards to child trafficking and grooming. Whenever you mention Rotherham Rochdale Telford Oxford Glasgow Birmingham etc etc and the grooming gangs that operate you always get “well what about Jimmy saville or Rolf Harris”. Monsters. All of them. Hidden by the bbc. But that doesn’t negate these gangs assaulting young white and Sikh girls. People like Maggie Oliver was shouting about this for years and she was ignored, berated and lost her job. Police burying their heads in the sand. There’s no ‘whataboutery’. Stop making excuses

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Whenever I see someone out wearing a mask now I think they are an idiot…… I actually saw someone driving with a mask on…. Alone in a car……

Also

I HATE when people have beach/sea/seaside themed bathrooms.

• Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
While I admire your honesty, I kinda disagree here. Depending on the person it can be like arguing with a brick wall, so if you’re just going round in circles with someone who can only throw petty insults because they don’t have anything of worth to add, I find it’s better to just quit before you end up with a sore fucking head.
It doesn’t matter! As long as I get the last word in!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

AlanBanan

VIP Member
My UO of the day, is that I will never be the bigger person in an argument, if anything I am the smallest person. I simply don’t believe in such a concept. If you want a fight I’m going to give you a fight. I will happily stay toxic and a general bitch.

That idea of turning the other cheek is just created by people who can’t come back with a good argument.

• Haha

VC10

VIP Member
Nor me. Dreadful. Poor old bastard.

• Sad

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Black people didn’t create racism.
Every race can be racist though.

Ok I will spice it up with one of my unpopular opinions (it’s unpopular for my age group, but perhaps not for older people)
UO: the burka should be banned. It’s degrading af and idc if it’s a religious or cultural thing, the burka and what it represents has absolutely no place in civilized societies. Maybe I sound backwards to some, but I used to live in a 40% muslim area with children as young as 3 running about in burkas, so please don’t tell me it’s a ‘woman's choice’ either, I’ve seen too many people who have clearly been forced into wearing it.
I’ve talked about this before but I have a family friend who took off her head covering and her family have disowned her and there is a police investigation because they have tried to have her killed. She’s had to move away and start her life again because some backwards men. This is in England. In 2022.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I highly doubt on a daily basis you are getting yourself in knots over every issue i.e. LGBTQ, child abuse, animal welfare, homelessness, veterans etc etc. The list of causes is endless. You cannot actively care about all of them because we all have different issues that affect us mentally dependent on the lives we have lived. As I've already said, does that mean I want or agree with ethnic minorities being treated poorly? Of course not, but on a daily basis it isn't something that I care about no because it doesn't affect me and I can be honest about that, I am too busy thinking about the issues that do. And again, by care it doesn't mean I agree with poor treatment or that if I actually witnessed it I would go "ah fuck em", it means in my daily life I don't give the issue much thought. That's just being honest and again, as much as people don't like to admit it I strongly believe most white people will be the same. In the same way most heterosexual people don't spend time being interested in LGBTQ issues or people who don't like animals caring about their welfare.

You can find it disgusting, that's fine, it's the unpopular opinions thread I knew it wouldn't be liked but I'm not going to be the person who silently agrees and scrolls by because they are too scared to be cancelled. Until you are on the front line campaigning over every single issue, practicing performative activism and going "wow yeah that's really terrible" then going back to your life and doing nothing (which is what most people do), is the exact same privilege you are accusing me of. People seem to need a verbal acknowledgement of how wronged they are even if it changes nothing when at the end of the day, me saying I don't condone but equally don't *actively* care about a movement achieves the same thing as someone telling you how justified you are, pretending they give a shit then equally doing absolutely nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors to protect themselves from criticism.

UO - Brutal honesty is desperately needed in society because if people do so, it can be a foundation of more meaningful conversations and change. Getting angry and just calling everyone a racist doesn't help anything. In the same way angry vegans just piss people off further. Pretending to be PC or saying what you think people need to hear just to save face doesn't actually achieve anything, it just creates a facade. We are so caught up in everyone needing to "be kind" that we force fake emotions that actually breed more hatred and angst. Just look at the whole trans thing, for some reason it's OK for everyone to be honest that they think that's a shit show, but admitting you don't actively care about the BLM movement isn't accepted? Both issues cause people prejudice or abuse but we are allowed to not be interested in one. That is how life works though, you cannot care about everything and it isn't healthy to.

Again that doesn't mean you agree with it, wouldn't do anything if you saw it happening, or actively engage in it yourself (which is what really counts, if we all do our bit these things wouldn't be a problem and doing your bit should be enough, you can't be expected to do it all and if you are, I equally expect you to start getting involved in all those issues I mentioned before).

Anyway, that's my last mic drop on the topic before we get in thread monopolisation territory. I accept it's going to piss people off, it is the UO thread afterall!
3EF75E45-EC70-4435-9618-2581DB27F279.jpeg

• Haha