Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ensay

VIP Member
Cats are dirty, horrible creatures and I hate them, you won’t convince me otherwise
I know you're trolling but I'm gonna bite anyway... How are cats dirty when they keep themselves impeccably clean, but dogs need to be bathed - so generally stink unless their owners bath them regularly?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
If you are rude under the guise of ‘I say it like it is’, that is not admirable, you are just an insufferable arsehole and I daydream of smacking you in the mouth.

Rxt156

VIP Member
On the theme of morning tv and presenters.. I think GMB & This Morning are absolutely awful shows. Tv presenters talk over each other all the time and it turns into a shouting match of who can get their voice heard. I find BBC Breakfast a bit dull but at least they let each other speak

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
We've discussed most things before ... breastfeeding comes up every other thread but we get new people joining and different angles come up.

You've been very quiet recently @Peaches_xox ... you normally come up with spectacular UP's 😁
I don’t think I could ever top that discussion over the prosthetic let the other day tbh 😅😅😅

Even worse when people get overprotective of their kids names thinking it’s something special like they’re isn’t a million other kids with it’s name 🥴
Somebody I sat next to at work for over two years recently named their baby basically the same name as my kids name and tbh I did think it was a bit weird. I know I don’t own the name or nothing but I was like seriously 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
^^

i feel the same but for cats. Cats are not cute and people that try and base their whole personality on having cats or being ‘crazy cat ladies’ are weirdos

• Wow
  • Heart

vanilla cupcakes

VIP Member
To me the concept of ‘black on black’ crime is deliberate because white people also harm other white people and it’s never referred to as ‘white on white’ crime, and other random white people who don’t commit crimes wouldn’t be asked to explain the levels of it. I live in a predominantly white area and there’s constant fights/stabbings and it’s never reiterated that it’s white people doing it, but you can guarantee if a black person did it would be made clear
If you think the UK has a major problem with racism you need to travel a bit more. There are racist and xenophobic dickheads everywhere, and all ethnicities are guilty of this.
Just because other places are worse it doesn’t mean the UK is good

miaaaa

People who have a problem with high income households are just bitter that they failed in life …
I really don't think this is fair tbh, speaking from experience my job isn't exactly well paid and I'll never have a high income household, but I have a masters, lovely home and car so I wouldn't say that i had failed at life. Your wage packet doesn't determine that, that's just bonkers. What exactly would you class as 'high income ' out of interest?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
The majority of names people call their kids these days are fucking chavtastic. Or way too outdated. Like why have you called your tiny baby ‘Ethel’.

Even worse when people get overprotective of their kids names thinking it’s something special like they’re isn’t a million other kids with it’s name 🥴

• Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
My UO today is, some users on this forum are actually quite unstable and really need to step away from their screens. They literally grasp at straws to criticise an influencer 🤣

Or they see things they want to see, like omg did you see her face when so and so said this or did that, she was FUMING! then you watch the clip and its just a standard face, literally showing no reaction 🤣
Many haters of the influencers are more obsessed with them than any of the fans.

I think children are great. Being parent must be fab. But people that make having a baby/child their whole personality is really sad for women kind. Your mum fab❤But don’t lose your your whole personality

Delihla

I think if you haven't chosen a name for your baby by the time it's born then you're ridiculous.

I had a family member who still hadn't decided 6 weeks after birth. They were still deciding on the way to the register the birth.
Listen here. I had the name, but he didn’t look like his name, it took me a day or two 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha

jackolantern

VIP Member
Mmmm yeah actually I’m gonna bow out of this convo before I get the lantern treatment 😂

Uo long hair doesn’t look good on everyone and can make you look untidy
This is the only thread where people moan they are bored, you adhere to the title and then it’s handbags at dawn and a desire to return to the many conversational thrills of fig rolls and breastfeeding :p

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
The people behind us have a dog called Cathy, they’ve got a dead strong scouse accent and can always hear them going ‘Caaaaaaafffffffeeeeeeeeeeyyy fuckin shurrrruuuuup’ I’m scouse and I’m aware of names and what I must sound like shouting them 🤣

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think if you haven't chosen a name for your baby by the time it's born then you're ridiculous.

I had a family member who still hadn't decided 6 weeks after birth. They were still deciding on the way to the register the birth.

• Wow

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Ooh ding ding we have a winner. Would you prefer I post a meaningless post on Insta to pretend I care? Because I promise you that's all 99% of the people who tell you they care are doing. I'm sorry (well I'm not) it offends you, but it isn't up to people who don't cause the problems to solve them.

It doesn't affect me so no I don't care, I'm glad you can read. I'm sure there are abundant issues that don't affect you that you don't care about either. That's life.
Well, as somebody with a black father, a black boyfriend and a black son of course I’m going to have an issue with your post.

Black people didn’t create racism. White people did. Yet it’s down to us to solve a problem that (presumably) your people created. We have to fix the prejudice created by the white people, simply for having black skin. Is that what you’re saying?

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I highly doubt on a daily basis you are getting yourself in knots over every issue i.e. LGBTQ, child abuse, animal welfare, homelessness, veterans etc etc. The list of causes is endless. You cannot actively care about all of them because we all have different issues that affect us mentally dependent on the lives we have lived. As I've already said, does that mean I want or agree with ethnic minorities being treated poorly? Of course not, but on a daily basis it isn't something that I care about no because it doesn't affect me and I can be honest about that, I am too busy thinking about the issues that do. And again, by care it doesn't mean I agree with poor treatment or that if I actually witnessed it I would go "ah fuck em", it means in my daily life I don't give the issue much thought. That's just being honest and again, as much as people don't like to admit it I strongly believe most white people will be the same. In the same way most heterosexual people don't spend time being interested in LGBTQ issues or people who don't like animals caring about their welfare.
You can find it disgusting, that's fine, it's the unpopular opinions thread I knew it wouldn't be liked but I'm not going to be the person who silently agrees and scrolls by because they are too scared to be cancelled. Until you are on the front line campaigning over every single issue, practicing performative activism and going "wow yeah that's really terrible" then going back to your life and doing nothing (which is what most people do), is the exact same privilege you are accusing me of. People seem to need a verbal acknowledgement of how wronged they are even if it changes nothing when at the end of the day, me saying I don't condone but equally don't *actively* care about a movement achieves the same thing as someone telling you how justified you are, pretending they give a shit then equally doing absolutely nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors to protect themselves from criticism.

UO - Brutal honesty is desperately needed in society because if people do so, it can be a foundation of more meaningful conversations and change. Getting angry and just calling everyone a racist doesn't help anything. In the same way angry vegans just piss people off further. Pretending to be PC or saying what you think people need to hear just to save face doesn't actually achieve anything, it just creates a facade. We are so caught up in everyone needing to "be kind" that we force fake emotions that actually breed more hatred and angst. Just look at the whole trans thing, for some reason it's OK for everyone to be honest that they think that's a shit show, but admitting you don't actively care about the BLM movement isn't accepted? Both issues cause people prejudice or abuse but we are allowed to not be interested in one. That is how life works though, you cannot care about everything and it isn't healthy to.

Again that doesn't mean you agree with it, wouldn't do anything if you saw it happening, or actively engage in it yourself (which is what really counts, if we all do our bit these things wouldn't be a problem and doing your bit should be enough, you can't be expected to do it all and if you are, I equally expect you to start getting involved in all those issues I mentioned before).

Anyway, that's my last mic drop on the topic before we get in thread monopolisation territory. I accept it's going to piss people off, it is the UO thread afterall!
It’s fine to not campaign for every single issue, I don’t go out campaigning for climate change, animal rights etc but I do everything I can to educate myself / those around me on what we can do to improve the world. You not caring because you’re not black is like me saying ‘I don’t care that somebody kicked a dog cos I’m not a dog and I don’t like dogs’ imagine the outrage? imagine if I just walked past somebody kicking a dog. What kind of monster would that make me? But it’s fine for you a white person to ignore black issues and you don’t see how wrong you are? That’s the problem with this country. We treat animals better then we do black people.

how can you even compete black issues to trans people? I do not understand the comparison?

Hardly a mic drop but anyway, I’d be interested to know if you’d say all of this to a black persons face?!

Reactions: 15

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
While I think women who make having a kid their whole personality can be seriously fucking boring, I understand how it would be easy to fall into that. Most of my friends have kids and it can be really all consuming, especially when the kids are still babies.

I also think it’s unfair to imply that women do a disservice to womankind if they don’t meet your idea of what a woman should be. We’re not a monolith
I think that childless people just can’t understand nor appreciate how much your life changes once you have a child. It’s not even intentional, your priorities just shift and you naturally start to put the needs and wants of your child first. A child completely and totally changes every aspect of your life forever, there’s no going back, there’s a fundamental shift and you go forward from that point but there’s a definitive life pre children and then post children.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Is there a 'TLDR' recap for this?
TLDR: you can only actively care about so many of the multitude of issues in the world. Also, movements such as Black Lives Matter and trans-activism alienate people by aggressively demanding others submit to their world view. That's how I read that post anyway.

Last edited: