Unpopular Opinions #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All you pet owners can at least get a special occasion greeting card from them šŸ˜„ I thought that was Hilair when I saw that. I don't think horace the housefly would bother šŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have children and I still find screaming kids in public bleeping annoying! Mums who say they arenā€™t annoying are liars.
Thank you šŸ˜© like I feel for the parents but come on people who say they donā€™t mind at all are having a laugh!

Reactions: 3
Ok I'm gonna drop it, yall it's been a blast you not hating me (well I'm sure plenty of you do already :LOL:)

I don't give a duck about black lives matter. The movement not ethnicity I'm not that cuntish. I know people don't like to admit it, but we fundamentally all have our own tit and issues and you just can't care about them all and I think people who pretend they do are just liars tbh. I think you absolutely duck yourself if you get emotionally invested in every cause. That's not to say I don't agree with the principals, but at if I'm being brutally honest, they don't affect me and I don't treat one ethnic group any different to another so for me, I've done my bit. I accept it's selfish to say so, but you need to be sometimes. I don't feel performative activism changes that. I can say with 100% certainty every single person in my life who preaches about BLM has done nothing more than share a graphic on socials. Most of these people are also the same types to have used racist slurs in the past.

#burnthelantern?
BLM seems to have risen primarily in the US where racism is clearly a massive issue, but in the UK it's a lot less obvious and seems to be a bit of a taboo subject. Most people won't know what institutional racism (which I remember was one of the big talking points in the context of the UK) would include because they've never had to experience it themselves

A lot of the race focused organisations also don't seem to do a very good job of explaining those sort of things to white people. I found an interesting charity/pressure group that was focusing on racism within the court system. Not just the sentencing stuff but also how evidence is gathered/presented and the like. I scrolled through their Twitter and literally had no idea what the issues were because they simply did not explain it very well or compare it to other similar white cases or whatever. It's not a topic I'm that interested in so I'm not going to go reading 500 articles to get a general idea, though I did look up the case they kept mentioning - the average person probably wouldn't even bother doing that

Someone mentioned swimming with dolphins earlier. I'm sure people have heard of the Dolphin Project in some form, they were behind covering Japan killing dolphins. Anyway, they have this captive dolphin rehabilitation facility where they're meant to take captive dolphins and then eventually get them to the point where they can be released. Only of course it has become sort of obvious that these dolphins won't be released any time soon, because getting captive dolphins is understandably hard, and they're just being used for donations and to make the organisation look good

Reactions: 6
Ok I will spice it up with one of my unpopular opinions (itā€™s unpopular for my age group, but perhaps not for older people)
UO: the burka should be banned. Itā€™s degrading af and idc if itā€™s a religious or cultural thing, the burka and what it represents has absolutely no place in civilized societies. Maybe I sound backwards to some, but I used to live in a 40% muslim area with children as young as 3 running about in burkas, so please donā€™t tell me itā€™s a ā€˜woman's choiceā€™ either, Iā€™ve seen too many people who have clearly been forced into wearing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think people with children lose the ability to remember life before children. I saw a tik tok the other day, about how itā€™s rude to find screaming kids on a plane annoying.

Sorry, whilst I would never say or do anything, screaming kids in public is bleeping annoying and donā€™t pretend you wouldnā€™t of found it irritating before you had them, because you would of. They made out it was criminal to think in your head ā€˜ugh, shut upā€™. I hate how people donā€™t think your life is complete till you have a child, and I find a lot of mums look down on you if you donā€™t plan too soon. Why shouldnā€™t I want my life to me right now, with all my money going on me? I would never tell a mum to not have children so why do they think itā€™s acceptable to tell me I NEED to have them. They also donā€™t usually consider peopleā€™s fertility issues.
Literally today I saw someone I knew when I was younger who has multiple children with several women and at 32 he could not compute that I hadnā€™t reproduced yet. Sorry I like my life and wouldnā€™t reproduce with just anyone I met on tinder hun.

Reactions: 8
Iā€™m not trolling I do hate cats šŸ˜‚ it wouldnā€™t be unpopular opinions if we all agreed all the time šŸ˜

Eta - I think itā€™s dirty how they crawl all over the worktops etc and I think they stink
I don't have a cat at the moment but I've never had one that stunk before.

Dogs smell and they slobber everywhere. Plus their tit stinks worst than most. That's one of the main reasons I'll never get a dog - I'm not picking up tit even in a tissue or poop bag. Your hands must still get smelly. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I will say before having a kid I bleeping despised people who made it their entire personality but I have completely fallen into that trap. Not even by choice but it's so all consuming that it really is hard to remember who you were before. I'm sure I bore people shitless, but I did it before with dog photos anyway so I've always been that bleep :ROFLMAO: To me though it's not much different to seeing people's holiday photos, home renovations, clubbing escapades etc, noones passions are really of interest to anyone else. We are all boring bastards really šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Of course it is annoying when a child is screaming in public. But do you think the parent wants this?šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ok I will spice it up with one of my unpopular opinions (itā€™s unpopular for my age group, but perhaps not for older people)
UO: the burka should be banned. Itā€™s degrading af and idc if itā€™s a religious or cultural thing, the burka and what it represents has absolutely no place in civilized societies. Maybe I sound backwards to some, but I used to live in a 40% muslim area with children as young as 3 running about in burkas, so please donā€™t tell me itā€™s a ā€˜woman's choiceā€™ either, Iā€™ve seen too many people who have clearly been forced into wearing it.
Thing is, it's all shits and giggles until the government wants to ban you from choosing to do or wear something that you want to.

Bet you'd change your tune then. ;)

I donā€™t think Colleges should have these mock graduation ceremonies for students that have got HNCā€™s. You shouldnā€™t be ā€œgraduatingā€ if you havenā€™t been to university and you donā€™t have a degree. It makes a complete mockery of the full higher education system.

I will give the nursery kids a pass.

Dogs smell and they slobber everywhere. Plus their tit stinks worst than most. That's one of the main reasons I'll never get a dog - I'm not picking up tit even in a tissue or poop bag. Your hands must still get smelly. :sick:
sorry what? Havenā€™t you heard of washing your hands?! šŸ˜‚ I mean my hands donā€™t stink after picking up poo with a bag, but I wash them regardless anyway.

cat tit absolutely humms and I know that for a fact cos one of the minging little shits who keeps welcoming himself into my home also keeps shitting in my garden. They do smell, similar to how people say they can smell dog in peoples homes Iā€™ve been in homes where their cat smell is overpowering

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have dogs and cats. Never had a cat that smelt and I wouldnā€™t say I was pro either. I love animals full stop.

Omg šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ everyone poos!!! Itā€™s a plastic bag not me bare hand lmaoooo

• Haha
sorry what? Havenā€™t you heard of washing your hands?! šŸ˜‚ I mean my hands donā€™t stink after picking up poo with a bag, but I wash them regardless anyway.

cat tit absolutely humms and I know that for a fact cos one of the minging little shits who keeps welcoming himself into my home also keeps shitting in my garden. They do smell, similar to how people say they can smell dog in peoples homes Iā€™ve been in homes where their cat smell is overpowering
Yeah of course you wash your hands, but you can't do that till you get home.

I just think it's rich that a dog owner is whining about cats being smelly. You can smell dog a mile off in a dog owner's house. :p

• Haha
Thing is, it's all shits and giggles until the government wants to ban you from choosing to do or wear something that you want to.

Bet you'd change your tune then. ;)
The government controlling how we dress in public is nothing new tbf, they already ban us from dressing in certain ways. For example, we canā€™t show certain parts of our body in public without risking getting done for indecent exposure lmao.

I just think it's rich that a dog owner is whining about cats being smelly. You can smell dog a mile off in a dog owner's house. :p
sheā€™s hardly whining šŸ¤£ youā€™re whining more than Wilma is just cos she said cats smell!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I will say before having a kid I bleeping despised people who made it their entire personality but I have completely fallen into that trap. Not even by choice but it's so all consuming that it really is hard to remember who you were before. I'm sure I bore people shitless, but I did it before with dog photos anyway so I've always been that bleep :ROFLMAO: To me though it's not much different to seeing people's holiday photos, home renovations, clubbing escapades etc, noones passions are really of interest to anyone else. We are all boring bastards really šŸ˜…
Iā€™m not even ashamed to say being a mum is now my personality ā¤ And I love seeing other peopleā€™s baby pics and updates šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

ā€¦.. hardly whining, I gave my opinion, you whined about my opinion and I replied. Again, I repeat - it wouldnā€™t be unpopular opinions if we all agreed šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.