Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they just get up and bop to Taylor Swift and not “Sing Hosanna”? 💀
Yes! 🥴 All wrong man. Where was this when I wanted to have a sing song to 1D? Noooo, had to sit getting pins and needles in my arse belting out ‘KUMBAYA MY LORD’.

(Mind you, Kumbaya is a bop. 🫡)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nothing has changed for men. I don’t see anyone saying: people produce sperm, or people have erectile dysfunction. 🤦🏻‍♀️
My brother is law is currently undergoing treatment for prostate cancer. All the info he has been received makes reference to ‘men/males etc’ none of it is sperm sprayer, owner of balls.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes! 🥴 All wrong man. Where was this when I wanted to have a sing song to 1D? Noooo, had to sit getting pins and needles in my arse belting out ‘KUMBAYA MY LORD’.

(Mind you, Kumbaya is a bop. 🫡)
Yeah, those were the classics 🥲

It would’ve been Steps or something for me back then. Kids today don’t know how good they’ve got it. 😝

Its not just members who lurk and read threads. its a open forum and there will be 100s of people who don't join tattle who will also be reading certain threads.
How often do you see a new member say "long time lurker, but had to join to say......."
Probably quite a lot of z list celebs lurking to see if they get a mention (hello Stace and Jake and other desperados) 🤣

also, an unpopular opinion which apparently scandalised my colleagues this morning: i think grease 2 is better than grease.
No way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Cos like, at least the national anthem teaches you patriotism/pride in your country
Singing the national anthem at assembly is pure weird. American styles of pledging allegiance

I remember we sang pop songs on end of term days or when something was happening and it was a lot more enjoyable than the same songs. Probably less weird too given the religious aspect to it

Reactions: 6
What songs do they sing though? Watermelon Sugar? Tragedy?

A lot of pop songs have rude lyrics in, what a minefield! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In response to an earlier question, topics are no longer made 💔 someone emailed Mars and they confirmed they have been discontinued in the UK at least; not sure about anywhere else.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What songs do they sing though? Watermelon Sugar? Tragedy?

A lot of pop songs have rude lyrics in, what a minefield! :ROFLMAO:
I can’t remember off the top of my head but I know something of Jess Glynne‘s was one. Which I thought was a pisstake in itself cos Jess Glynne is shite!
They also sang The Greatest Showman song. And something of Taylor Swift’s.

Singing the national anthem at assembly is pure weird. American styles of pledging allegiance

I remember we sang pop songs on end of term days or when something was happening and it was a lot more enjoyable than the same songs. Probably less weird too given the religious aspect to it
Oh trust me I agree with you, I still think singing pop songs is weird though. 😆

Reactions: 3
But a more important question: Cadbury’s or Mars?

This is probably unpopular but I prefer Mars chocolate.

So they just get up and bop to Taylor Swift and not “Sing Hosanna” or “He’s Got The Whole World in his Hands”? (both belters btw) 💀
At our church wedding I refused to have any hymns from school cos they still give me flashbacks of sitting on the hall floor for what felt like hours on end, no way was I having lord of the dance or Michael rowing his boat anywhere!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think I meant peas but Peaches wonders if I know what peas are, so to be honest I'm slightly baffled. I feel like some cataclysmic awareness is about to hit me that what I all my life I thought was a pea is actually a sultana or something.
FDAAFB61-18DE-4981-BE5A-4AC14DC1CEDC.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I’m not religious at all but I loved an assembly banger. Shine Jesus Shine and Autumn Days are absolute ANTHEMS.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t know if this is an UO or just an old fashioned way of thinking (at my big age of 23 hahaha) but. My younger brother has an assembly every Monday at school, and they sing pop songs. Wtaf, what does that have to do with anything. When I was in primary school we sang the national anthem and hymns. I mean I don’t necessarily agree with the hymns, I am not religious and so it kinda feels like pushing it on others. But I dont think singing pop songs is beneficial. It should be the national anthem, maybe one ‘uplifting’ pop song, maybe one hymn. Cos like, at least the national anthem teaches you patriotism/pride in your country, or a hymn can show children to be open/understanding of other religions and activities. But random pop songs. What? 😆
I’m 20 and can remember singing pop songs in assembly. We sang songs like ‘We are the Champions’, ‘Help’ and ‘Believe’. I don’t think I ever actually sang any proper hymns until secondary school and we only learnt the national anthem in the lead up to the Queen’s Jubilee. I don’t think children need to learn the national anthem to learn patriotism and letting them start their day singing upbeat songs they recognise is probably more uplifting than having to sing a hymn not everyone is going to relate too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
At our church wedding I refused to have any hymns from school cos they still give me flashbacks of sitting on the hall floor for what felt like hours on end, no way was I having lord of the dance or Michael rowing his boat anywhere!
I AM THE LORD OF THE DANCE SETTEE🕺🏼🪩

Maybe it’s me. I remember sitting on the floor in the hall as a kid, picking little mash-potato scabs off my shoes, thinking, ‘these hymns have no relevance to me at all’, and then a cursory ‘soz Jesus‘ in case he was offended and decided to not give me any Christmas presents punish me horribly. But I know if the school had made me belt out Black Eyed Peas or Girls Aloud or Ke$ha or whatever I listened to in 2009 I would be thinking ‘this is rubbish and I could do it at home without getting pins and needles and mash potato on me’.

I still say this looks banging. 😛

The cost of a newspaper! I swear to God the Daily Mail (don’t judge) was about 65p not so long ago, now it’s gone up from 80p to 90p! And it’s full of adverts trying to get you to have a ‘trial’ of digital copies. The crafty bastards! No more newspapers for me, will save over £300 a year by not having one. I’ll put the savings towards my electricity bill!
You can read them all online. My father used to buy them everyday before. The last newspaper I bought was over 11 years ago and it was only because they had a coupon which gave you a free scarf.

I’m not religious at all but I loved an assembly banger. Shine Jesus Shine and Autumn Days are absolute ANTHEMS.
Oh God, I just had a flashback to Year 4 assembly where some kids played recorder accompaniment to Shine Jesus Shine. What a glorious sound that was, not 🤣

• Haha
My god what is happening to some people. Have just read a story about a bloke sent to prison for having sex with a horse!
Another story about a man having sex with his pet chickens!!!!! He got locked up too 🤮🥶

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
My god what is happening to some people. Have just read a story about a bloke sent to prison for having sex with a horse!
Another story about a man having sex with his pet chickens!!!!! He got locked up too 🤮🥶
Emm are you on the right thread doll?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.