Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is nothing “fun” about a ‘fun size’. chocolate bar. I want to eat chocolate til I vomit not half half a mouthful

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
YES!

I hate strawberries. They look and taste horrible. Too much sugar too. Raspberries are awesome, as are blackberries.
Agreed. When I was a child, my mum used to add sugar to strawberries for us and we thought it was fine!

As I've got older my tolerance to sweet food has reduced and I find strawberries without sugar to be still too sweet. I don't hate them, what I tend to do is serve them with raspberries and low fat natural yogurt. The tanginess of the yogurt and rapsberries offsets the sweetness of the strawberries.

There is nothing “fun” about a ‘fun size’. chocolate bar. I want to eat chocolate til I vomit not half half a mouthful
Haha. Even "full size" chocolate bars that they sell in the multipacks seem tiny these days. More like the old "snack size".

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure the “fun sized” ones are aimed at little children. I wouldn’t buy a fun sized bag for myself, I’d just buy regular bars.

The size of even some of the regular bars these days is shocking though.

Reactions: 2
I love topics! Not seen them in years are they still made?
I don't think so. You used to be able to get them in multipacks or at places where they sell loads of loose chocolate bars, like petrol stations or random newsagents, but I haven't seen them for ages.

Haha. Blasted shrinkflation! I'd rather pay a little more for the same size than things constantly shrinking.

• Heart
Pretty sure the “fun sized” ones are aimed at little children. I wouldn’t buy a fun sized bag for myself, I’d just buy regular bars.

The size of even some of the regular bars these days is shocking though.
I know that 🥲 it was a joke 🥲🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not to rake over old ground, but I was Team RXT in the teacher debate that I only read about last night. 😂
Thank you. Much appreciated. But omg plz let’s not let the thread go there again🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Turkish delight in chocolate was always the best Cadbury milk tray option until they took it away. Same with the dark choc Brazil nut caramel in Roses. they always takes away my favourites 😭

also strawberry and orange creams are gross; they taste like calpol 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Are you enjoying being paid your inflated wages for doing absolutely nothing at the moment though? 🤣
I’ve got soo much spare cash I might go buy some organic chicken and I’ve even got the time to wash it too 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The cost of a newspaper! I swear to God the Daily Mail (don’t judge) was about 65p not so long ago, now it’s gone up from 80p to 90p! And it’s full of adverts trying to get you to have a ‘trial’ of digital copies. The crafty bastards! No more newspapers for me, will save over £300 a year by not having one. I’ll put the savings towards my electricity bill!

I don’t know if this is an UO or just an old fashioned way of thinking (at my big age of 23 hahaha) but. My younger brother has an assembly every Monday at school, and they sing pop songs. Wtaf, what does that have to do with anything. When I was in primary school we sang the national anthem and hymns. I mean I don’t necessarily agree with the hymns, I am not religious and so it kinda feels like pushing it on others. But I dont think singing pop songs is beneficial. It should be the national anthem, maybe one ‘uplifting’ pop song, maybe one hymn. Cos like, at least the national anthem teaches you patriotism/pride in your country, or a hymn can show children to be open/understanding of other religions and activities. But random pop songs. What? 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Tbf it wasn’t that funny a joke😆 big chocolate bars always❤
But a more important question: Cadbury’s or Mars?

This is probably unpopular but I prefer Mars chocolate.

I don’t know if this is an UO or just an old fashioned way of thinking (at my big age of 23 hahaha) but. My younger brother has an assembly every Monday at school, and they sing pop songs. Wtaf, what does that have to do with anything. When I was in primary school we sang the national anthem and hymns. I mean I don’t necessarily agree with the hymns, I am not religious and so it kinda feels like pushing it on others. But I dont think singing pop songs is beneficial. It should be the national anthem, maybe one ‘uplifting’ pop song, maybe one hymn. Cos like, at least the national anthem teaches you patriotism/pride in your country, or a hymn can show children to be open/understanding of other religions and activities. But random pop songs. What? 😆
So they just get up and bop to Taylor Swift and not “Sing Hosanna” or “He’s Got The Whole World in his Hands”? (both belters btw) 💀

Reactions: 6
No on the last page of the last thread someone said that peas don't belong in rice and sweetcorn doesn't belong with anything. But I assume they meant actual peas not beans.
I think I meant peas but Peaches wonders if I know what peas are, so to be honest I'm slightly baffled. I feel like some cataclysmic awareness is about to hit me that what I all my life I thought was a pea is actually a sultana or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The cost of a newspaper! I swear to God the Daily Mail (don’t judge) was about 65p not so long ago, now it’s gone up from 80p to 90p! And it’s full of adverts trying to get you to have a ‘trial’ of digital copies. The crafty bastards! No more newspapers for me, will save over £300 a year by not having one. I’ll put the savings towards my electricity bill!
I haven't bought a newspaper in a long time. They're such a waste of money and, like you say, full of ads.

The cost of the Sunday papers is eye watering. My Dad was the only person I knew who got value for money on them, as he'd only buy a paper on a Sunday and would then spend the rest of the week reading the various supplements. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.