Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I grew up in a town with plenty of farmland nearby. In fact our cross country runs used to be thru farmland.

One of my friends, in the year above me, was nicknamed sheepshagger. I've seen the girls he went out with, and the nickname is no reflection on them, so I shudder to think how he got that name.

His family was quite wealthy, so I don't know if anything was covered up.

Thank God cameras weren't that common then.
I dread to think 🐏

I love the coffee ones but I'm the person who loves all the coffee creams in a box of chocolates.
Me too. I swear I can feel which are the coffee ones.

Reactions: 2
The saying used to be Wales, the country where men are men and the sheep are scared.
And our fields full of sheep are called leisure centres😬

When you're welsh you can say things like this,
If you're not welsh, duck off🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t know if this is an UO or just an old fashioned way of thinking (at my big age of 23 hahaha) but. My younger brother has an assembly every Monday at school, and they sing pop songs. Wtaf, what does that have to do with anything. When I was in primary school we sang the national anthem and hymns. I mean I don’t necessarily agree with the hymns, I am not religious and so it kinda feels like pushing it on others. But I dont think singing pop songs is beneficial. It should be the national anthem, maybe one ‘uplifting’ pop song, maybe one hymn. Cos like, at least the national anthem teaches you patriotism/pride in your country, or a hymn can show children to be open/understanding of other religions and activities. But random pop songs. What? 😆
when I had singing assemblies in primary the teacher who did them would make us sing electric light orchestr which is a bit weird now I look back

also how does mrs hinch have so many threads and why does everybody dislike her. tried to lurk but I think the lore runs too deep lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A man walked into a welsh pub.
The barman said "you're not from wales are you but".
The man replied "no I'm from London".
Barman: "Ahh, and what do you do for a living then boyo?"
Man: "I'm a taxidermist, I stuff animals"
The barman turn to the other customers, "it's ok lads, he's one of us".

Well, I thought I'd get the sheep shagging out of the way.

As you were😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
After hearing a quarter of water is wasted through leaking pipes i 100% would not conserve water. The water companies dgaf so neither would i 🖕

Reactions: 13
After hearing a quarter of water is wasted through leaking pipes i 100% would not conserve water. The water companies dgaf so neither would i 🖕
Yep and this has been the case for the whole of my life.. How many times are roads dug up?. When a road is due to undergo something being done, all companies with their equipment underground should all get together and plan works, so everything gets repaired or replaced so they don't have to dig up the same spot a few months later.
but then where could the council waste that money at the end of the financial year

Reactions: 5
I don’t read threads that forever use acronyms. I’m not bleeping Alan Turing so I’m not doing research for a z-list celeb who’s a bit of a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m a bit old fashioned in that I like to have a ‘physical’ paper, the same goes for books over kindles. I know it’s the way forward, but I don’t like it 😬
Bloomsbury reported bumped sales this year. Harry potter sales also increased by 5%. I like paperbacks more but get why many like kindles when you have have 100+ books.

when I had singing assemblies in primary the teacher who did them would make us sing electric light orchestr which is a bit weird now I look back

also how does mrs hinch have so many threads and why does everybody dislike her. tried to lurk but I think the lore runs too deep lol
Same with jack Monroe she has a new thread every 4 or 5 days. Moves way to fast for me 😂.

Reactions: 2
I don’t read threads that forever use acronyms. I’m not bleeping Alan Turing so I’m not doing research for a z-list celeb who’s a bit of a bleep.
We use them on the Royal thread but then I think it's quite easy to guess who TQ is 🤣

Surely they meant in the home.
Nope. Leaking pipes underground. As @Purrrrrrr said, it has been going on for as long as I can remember. They just never get their tit together to do anything about it but I guess fixing stuff would take away from their profits.

Reactions: 7
Tbf some of the pipes are under buildings. Not an easy thing to fix

Reactions: 1
Onion rings are better than chips. Chips are overrated in general, especially McDonald’s chips!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbf some of the pipes are under buildings. Not an easy thing to fix

Home owners who have flooded pipes underground have to have the floors taken up and dug out. They need to sort it, it should have been sorted decades ago.

Reactions: 4
To me, conserving water is basically not wasting it. I don't think any sane person would deliberately waste water, so I'd say you're OK. :D

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.