Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's personal taste I guess, I find the taste of most fizzy drinks a bit vile but I don't really have a sweet tooth. Work with a guy who will drink about 10 cans of Pepsi Max a day and wonders why he's not in the best of health so there are extremes too!
I know someone like this also. Litres of chemical laden Pepsi Max, mars bar for breakfast and cheap ice cream EVERY DAY! and obv they have health issues. Not good to see someone do that to themselves but it's their choice :censored:

I've seen some dark things in this thread but Creme egg slander is where I draw the line :mad: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I am shocked that there are people who exist who don’t like Creme Eggs. SHOCKED.

OH well, more for me. I can’t wait to get back to Costco and get a few boxes of 48 again 🤭🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am shocked that there are people who exist who don’t like Creme Eggs. SHOCKED.

OH well, more for me. I can’t wait to get back to Costco and get a few boxes of 48 again 🤭🤭
I'm shocked that so many people love them so much. I mean, I'd eat anything so wouldn't say they're vile, but they're very meh, the filling is kinda weird. Not creamy as the name would suggest, more like snotty

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm shocked that so many people love them so much. I mean, I'd eat anything so wouldn't say they're vile, but they're very meh, the filling is kinda weird. Not creamy as the name would suggest, more like snotty
I find them awkward to eat.

The moms that breastfeed and make it their whole personality need to just shhhhhhhh

My brother in laws wife has got a three month old. You would think no one had ever had a baby or breastfed before her. It’s her whole life. She won’t express so someone else can feed the baby, so if Grandma visits she’s on a time slot to get back before it needs feeding again. She’s not shy about wacking her boobs out. My husband and father in law said the other day they are sick of the sight of her boobs 😂
It doesn’t bother me, and it shouldn’t bother them, but it does and I think she could acknowledge their discomfort and cover up when she’s not actually feeding.

Reactions: 4
The thing is you do get obsessional about breast feeding. I suppose it’s to do with the rush of hormones after giving birth and how they make you feel you need to do everything and anything to keep your baby alive. Which is of course nature. No new mum is rational about anything and maybe we should give them a break ?

Reactions: 5
The thing is you do get obsessional about breast feeding. I suppose it’s to do with the rush of hormones after giving birth and how they make you feel you need to do everything and anything to keep your baby alive. Which is of course nature. No new mum is rational about anything and maybe we should give them a break ?
thats all fine, you don’t need to breastfeed to feel the rush of hormones, every birthing mother has that. However the topic is those who make it their whole personality like its some new thing that has been discovered and they are in prestige group of people who do this

I get how exciting it is, esp when its your first time doing it all but

Apart from a select few who are close enough to a couple expecting/have a baby:
no one cares that you breastfeed your child apart from you
no one cares about how far along you are in pregnancy so we dont need a week to week update
no one cares what size fruit your baby is this week
No one cares what milestone your precious little yoda has reached this week

And this all coming from someone who has had 2 babies, i was very aware that it was exciting for me and my husband so i didnt bore everyone with every detail… same goes for brides and their weddings.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
no one cares that you breastfeed your child apart from you
You'd think this should be true but I was in a park with a a friend of mine who has adopted a baby a few years ago. We were having a lovely catch up while she gave the baby a bottle. Some totally random couple came up to us and told her they thought it was such a shame that she wasn't breast feeding and she wasn't therefore doing the best for her baby, that she shouldn't feel shy about her boobs as they were to nourish the baby etc etc et. Both of us were too shocked to say anything but thought of so many things we wanted to say afterwards. It would have been just as offensive if she had actually given birth but seeing as it wasn't her child biologically then she sure as hell wasn't going to be producing any milk anytime soon so that kid was going to be very hungry if that was it's only option.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
You'd think this should be true but I was in a park with a a friend of mine who has adopted a baby a few years ago. We were having a lovely catch up while she gave the baby a bottle. Some totally random couple came up to us and told her they thought it was such a shame that she wasn't breast feeding and she wasn't therefore doing the best for her baby, that she shouldn't feel shy about her boobs as they were to nourish the baby etc etc et. Both of us were too shocked to say anything but thought of so many things we wanted to say afterwards. It would have been just as offensive if she had actually given birth but seeing as it wasn't her child biologically then she sure as hell wasn't going to be producing any milk anytime soon so that kid was going to be very hungry if that was it's only option.
Your Poor friend. I’ve been in her position, i got a lot of comments about bottle feeding and its not very nice, hope it didnt affect her and she enjoyed her day.

My post was aimed at those more who constantly go on about their breastfeeding journey and make it their whole personality, like the social media posts of boobs always out or updating everyone they have been on their ‘journey’ (always journey 🤮) for 236 months and blah blah or its all they ever talk about, in my nct group they were the most boring as thats all they spoke about it and still do 5 years later

i have a few friends on instagram who always seem to be in coffee shops and they always seem to have to upload a breastfeeding selfie 🙄 like we get it, you fed your child in public well done 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.