Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the fat/ugly/disability acceptance I think that it's our evolutionary brain subconsciously telling us we need to breed with someone we perceive as physically perfect to continue the human race. It's not people being ignorant. That is why almost everyone checks themselves before speaking to someone who may be be the above. We can control what we say but not what we think.
i agree in theory but what’s seen as attractive changes decade after decade. if you read victorian literature all the beautiful women are described as “plump”. a lot of the more classic depictions of female beauty (paintings and sculptures etc) have women on the curvier side. you used to be able to just flash an ankle and send people into throes of lust 🤣

i agree that there is an aspect of your brain identifying what you perceive as attractive, but outside forces also influence what you think that is. what is “fat” now would have been super attractive 100+ years ago. likewise what was ugly then may be attractive to us now. it’s all a curve!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Beauty is subjective. What you might see in a mate isn’t necessarily what someone else would see. Like a poster mentioned above, they like big noses because they think that it gives a person character. Someone else won’t etc. I do believe there’s someone out there for everyone. Yeah, there are “conventional” standards of beauty but they change all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Re the fat/ugly/disability acceptance I think that it's our evolutionary brain subconsciously telling us we need to breed with someone we perceive as physically perfect to continue the human race. It's not people being ignorant. That is why almost everyone checks themselves before speaking to someone who may be be the above. We can control what we say but not what we think.
Dunno about that. I mean I know the evolutionary thing has a basis to it but my father looks like a cross between Rodney from OnlyFools and Quasimodo, looker he is not 😆 which according to the above makes me some freak of nature!

Reactions: 1
Your mam must have seen something in him that signaled his virility. Sorry for the visual 😄
Maybe his energetic dancing, which would show his superior co ordination and stamina = healthy genes. I think it's more subtle than attractive face and body which would be the most obvious signals. @appleinmypie

Reactions: 4
There are many people within that group (which was my original point)

I haven’t really got an opinion on it. I may go read what she’s said. Tbf if she has billions of £££££ she could shush and stay out of the limelight living a peaceful life. But no, she’s chosen violence lol
How has JK Rowling chosen Violence??

Reactions: 7
Funny people should mention Barbie. We sell them at work. You pay for one, we bring you a random one from a selection of various hair colours, outfits, builds, and disabilities/health conditions. If the Barbie we bring out is not the traditional blonde hair, skinny, massive boobs, 90% of customers will ask if we have a different style in stock. I've heard allsorts of excuses why they want a different one, from "errrr, she's already got that one" to the ones who outright say "we don't want a fat one." We even had a woman who loudly told my black colleague "We want any that's not coloured!" My manager heard and told her to leave as she wasn't welcome in our store.
God I would have loved different looking barbies when I was little. They were always the classic, tall, thin and blonde and I completely grew up thinking you were only attractive or worth anything if you looked like that. Proper fucked with my head for a good while. I love the thought of little girls being able to pick out a dolly that looks just like them. Barbie could make a ton with a custom function. They could have doll studios like Build a Bear where you could pick out skin tones, body shape, hair style etc and then add things like birthmarks in store. Someone call Dragon's Den, think of me when you're rich and famous and send me a masked pumpkin doll will ya? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Your mam must have seen something in him that signaled his virility. Sorry for the visual 😄
Maybe his energetic dancing, which would show his superior co ordination and stamina = healthy genes. I think it's more subtle than attractive face and body which would be the most obvious signals. @appleinmypie
I think this is why we seems to have “types” too, it’s subconscious. My husband and exes all seem to bear a passing resemblance to cavemen (tall, muscular, thug like looking!) I must be drawn to men who can go out and hunt something for my dinner (when in reality my husband would struggle to hunt down a ready meal in Tesco!)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Its time to focus on being inclusive to ugly people. We've had fat people inclusivity but nothing for uglies 🤷‍♀️ why is half or more of the population being ignored? Ugly barbie? Where are you? With your big plastic jug ears and bulbous nose, balding frizzy hair. Love Island, come on! The silence is deafening 🤷‍♀️
Just what we need, models with a face like a box of spanners

• Haha
Reactions: 4
roman-nose-227x300.jpg

I love a Roman nose. I think they're beautiful but whenever I see my own I do consider rhinoplasty. How does that work?? 😂😂

• Heart
Agreed but not with the part where you say not eating stuff because of calories. I think that's what being knowledgeable about calories can result in- being able to make better choices, some things I'd rather just not eat cause they're so high in calories and I'd rather choose something else that's lower kcal. Still not an eating disorder.
Agree, maybe this is an UO but I love that calories are on menus now for example. In this context I just think knowledge is power.

Reactions: 12
When I was in year 4 my friend gave me a Sindy or perhaps a knock off Sindy, and it had a pregnant belly that you lifted up and a baby fell out of. I was like 7/8ish ? My mum was mortified and binned it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Just going back to the model with the prosthetic ... I think one of the issues is how crap that costume is. It look terrible on both models.

Reactions: 8
Just going back to the model with the prosthetic ... I think one of the issues is how crap that costume is. It look terrible on both models.
I hate it when swimming costumes have weird styles like one sleeve or random cut outs. Why can’t they just be full body or a simple top and bottoms. The worst is when they have extra straps for no reason and you end up with weird tan lines.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.