Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I forgot to add when you’re starving yourself regularly you have the most vile shits and farts. It’s all dandy being petite but when you’re nearly suffocating yourself with your own mustard gas farts, it’s time to reevaluate your life 😂
🤣 those awful ones where you can't get away from it & it follows you around the room 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Its time to focus on being inclusive to ugly people. We've had fat people inclusivity but nothing for uglies 🤷‍♀️ why is half or more of the population being ignored? Ugly barbie? Where are you? With your big plastic jug ears and bulbous nose, balding frizzy hair. Love Island, come on! The silence is deafening 🤷‍♀️
Innit, on a good day I look like Mrs Twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agreed, I want to see ugly models! Even the plus size models usually have nice faces. And you can actually change your body weight but not your face (without procedures) so ugliness acceptance should be the priority!!
It was good seeing the latest Dove soap advert ; normal people with marks on them, etc . I thought it very effective

Reactions: 4
Its time to focus on being inclusive to ugly people. We've had fat people inclusivity but nothing for uglies 🤷‍♀️ why is half or more of the population being ignored? Ugly barbie? Where are you? With your big plastic jug ears and bulbous nose, balding frizzy hair. Love Island, come on! The silence is deafening 🤷‍♀️
I remember there was a Barbie with stretchmark and spot stickers. Or maybe it was another brand, I can't seem to find a picture 😭

NVM I FOUND IT:

🤣 those awful ones where you can't get away from it & it follows you around the room 🤣
If I smell sewerage, it will trigger flashbacks of me nearly hotboxing myself to death with my own farts. Seriously it could have been considered a bio weapon 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Well that was a wild good morning read, you know it's bad when you are being called out by the thread matriarch :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Also I think the people who go on about evil fat fatties always eating are actually the people more obsessed with food, calories etc, totally anecdotally mind you, I remember once I went to my gran’s when I was about 10 and she opened the door looked at me and her first words were ‘Apple you have gotten awfully large and fat’, no hi, no love you. 😆 We went inside and she started offering me biscuits, cakes but if I took one she would say ‘you shouldn’t be eating that it has soooo many calories‘ - like every move I made was watched. All for a tiny fairy cake! Stared her in the face and ate it though 😆

She’s still like it now but I just piss her off by saying I like eating 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Also I think the people who go on about evil fat fatties always eating are actually the people more obsessed with food, calories etc, totally anecdotally mind you, I remember once I went to my gran’s when I was about 10 and she opened the door looked at me and her first words were ‘Apple you have gotten awfully large and fat’, no hi, no love you. 😆 We went inside and she started offering me biscuits, cakes but if I took one she would say ‘you shouldn’t be eating that it has soooo many calories‘ - like every move I made was watched. All for a tiny fairy cake! Stared her in the face and ate it though 😆

She’s still like it now but I just piss her off by saying I like eating 😅
That's just weird!

I would agree to an extent, I'm definitely a bit like that but wouldn't put it on other people but I can tell you calories of most foods of the top of my head. My unpopular opinion is that there is nothing wrong with that and I don't believe i have an eating disorder.

Funny people should mention Barbie. We sell them at work. You pay for one, we bring you a random one from a selection of various hair colours, outfits, builds, and disabilities/health conditions. If the Barbie we bring out is not the traditional blonde hair, skinny, massive boobs, 90% of customers will ask if we have a different style in stock. I've heard allsorts of excuses why they want a different one, from "errrr, she's already got that one" to the ones who outright say "we don't want a fat one." We even had a woman who loudly told my black colleague "We want any that's not coloured!" My manager heard and told her to leave as she wasn't welcome in our store.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
That's just weird!

I would agree to an extent, I'm definitely a bit like that but wouldn't put it on other people but I can tell you calories of most foods of the top of my head. My unpopular opinion is that there is nothing wrong with that and I don't believe i have an eating disorder.
Knowing the calories isn’t an eating disorder, wanting to know how much in what your eating is not disordered eating it’s just being knowledgeable into what’s going into your body. If you were counting calories religiously, not eating stuff because of the calories, and not eating daily recommended amounts then that’d be an issue. But knowing what the calories in a can of coke or in a bag of crisps isn’t a disorder it’s just curiosity.

Reactions: 9
I remember there was a Barbie with stretchmark and spot stickers. Or maybe it was another brand, I can't seem to find a picture 😭

NVM I FOUND IT:
Seeing how Barbie originally was a joke based off of prostitutes, I’d say this is a step in the right direction.

I really want wheelchair Barbie, I wish she had been around when I was little :) I love that things like this are getting more representation these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I couldn't care less that she's missing a leg, but she's got fat spilling out of that swim suit and looks rank. She's been picked because she's missing a leg, not because she's a model. Models are supposed to be thin, it makes the clothes look better.

People can prattle on about fat acceptance, but we all know, thin looks better. You wanna be fat, be fat, but just know that nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels. You can't make people find fat attractive, it's evolutionary.
That’s a really dumb comment.

UO: I love big noses (although I hate mine 🤣). I think they add so much character to someone’s face.

Reactions: 13
Knowing the calories isn’t an eating disorder, wanting to know how much in what your eating is not disordered eating it’s just being knowledgeable into what’s going into your body. If you were counting calories religiously, not eating stuff because of the calories, and not eating daily recommended amounts then that’d be an issue. But knowing what the calories in a can of coke or in a bag of crisps isn’t a disorder it’s just curiosity.
Agreed but not with the part where you say not eating stuff because of calories. I think that's what being knowledgeable about calories can result in- being able to make better choices, some things I'd rather just not eat cause they're so high in calories and I'd rather choose something else that's lower kcal. Still not an eating disorder.

I couldn't care less that she's missing a leg, but she's got fat spilling out of that swim suit and looks rank. She's been picked because she's missing a leg, not because she's a model. Models are supposed to be thin, it makes the clothes look better.

People can prattle on about fat acceptance, but we all know, thin looks better. You wanna be fat, be fat, but just know that nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels. You can't make people find fat attractive, it's evolutionary.
My only problem with fatness and obesity is the toxic body positivity. Being overweight is dangerous for your health and leads to so many illnesses, in fact leads to an endless circle of illnesses.

I hate it when overweight people come with “i love myself, i love my body”, good for you! You should love your body and yourself enough to prevent yourself from illnesses and have a better life quality and vitality.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Agreed but not with the part where you say not eating stuff because of calories. I think that's what being knowledgeable about calories can result in- being able to make better choices, some things I'd rather just not eat cause they're so high in calories and I'd rather choose something else that's lower kcal. Still not an eating disorder.
If you get to a more extreme end of things it can become an eating disorder, obviously:

Re the fat/ugly/disability acceptance I think that it's our evolutionary brain subconsciously telling us we need to breed with someone we perceive as physically perfect to continue the human race. It's not people being ignorant. That is why almost everyone checks themselves before speaking to someone who may be be the above. We can control what we say but not what we think.

On the “body positivity” social media thing - it’s like all things that become a trend or always in your face; it becomes irritating after a while and will die out eventually just like the size zero thing did. If someone is genuinely happy with how they look then I say good on them. Life is too short to worry about what other people think. Spreading unhealthy “truths” on the other hand is a different matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Re the fat/ugly/disability acceptance I think that it's our evolutionary brain subconsciously telling us we need to breed with someone we perceive as physically perfect to continue the human race. It's not people being ignorant. That is why almost everyone checks themselves before speaking to someone who may be be the above. We can control what we say but not what we think.
How are all these ugly ass mfs getting laid then? 🤣 I see plenty of people who I think are ugly af in loving relationships with like 5 kids, tbf beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.
I personally don’t find 6 packs attractive and would genuinely rather be with someone who is overweight than a guy with a 6 pack. I have no idea why, maybe it’s because in my head I associate men who are ultra toned and muscly with misogynistic gym heads, but it’s genuinely a turn off for me. Dunno if that makes me an evolutionary failure

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.