Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fat Acceptance and Body Positivity is one of the most damaging things to have happened to overweight people. I’m talking about Body Positivity in how it is portrayed as now, not it’s initial
ethos and values.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s hilarious how I just read something on tattle that was exactly akin to something I would’ve read on eating disorder inspo tumblr ten years ago 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I couldn't care less that she's missing a leg, but she's got fat spilling out of that swim suit and looks rank. She's been picked because she's missing a leg, not because she's a model. Models are supposed to be thin, it makes the clothes look better.

People can prattle on about fat acceptance, but we all know, thin looks better. You wanna be fat, be fat, but just know that nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels. You can't make people find fat attractive, it's evolutionary.
Most people aren't ' perfect' , and slim people usually put a bit of weight on as they get older, anyway? Most people are attracted to people, aren't they?

Reactions: 2
I do think body positivity has gone too far but some people seem to think that fat people literally just existing is 'glamorising' being overweight and it gets silly IMO. Hardly anyone actually looks like a size 6 model given that the average UK size is a 16. I find it annoying enough as a 10-12 that I can't visualise how clothes would actually look like on my body type from size 6 model samples, let alone if you're a bigger size and when you're browsing you only see how clothes look on a tiny size. Recognising that bigger people also need/want to buy clothes and showing them what said clothes might actually look like on their bodies isn't glamorising obesity.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Why do we have to tear other people down to feel good about ourselves? Is there outrage because the original model with the prosthetic is not willing to hide away and is not smothered by a cloak of shame?

Life happens. Pre covid I personally used to do gym 6 days a week and loved running.

Gyms closed. I comfort ate. My friend died.

I have gained weight and I’m not where I was two years ago. I honestly wouldn’t feel bad about my current size if it wasn’t for all the comments from family members.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why do we have to tear other people down to feel good about ourselves?

Life happens. Pre covid I personally used to do gym 6 days a week and loved running.

Gyms closed. I comfort ate. My friend died.

I have gained weight and I’m not where I was two years ago. I honestly wouldn’t feel bad about my current size if it wasn’t for all the comments from family members.
Tell them to sod off.
If people minded their own business a bit more, people would rub along a bit better. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As a teenager I was the rain man of calories, still to this day I can tell you the calories in most popular foods from constantly fretting and obsessing about food intake. Because I had a raging eating disorder that fucked and interfered with my entire life.

When you’re spouting pro ana quotes from Supermodels who now doesn’t even believe in the tit that she said years ago, you need help and maybe have a look into why you’re behaving the way you are with food.

Being skinny and tiny is great, but when your hair is falling out, periods are skipping, your entire body is cold and achy because it is lacking any sort of nutrition, your heart tweaking out and constantly having brain fog, it’s just not worth it.

It’s actually not even enjoyable to be skinny when suffering with an eating disorder, because your mind is too busy on just keeping itself alive. Because it’s no way for someone to live and I truly wouldn’t wish it on anyone because once an eating disorder starts, you never get rid of it. Yeah you can recover but the thoughts never leave your brain. Still to this day I still have bad habits, if I feel I ate too much I want to go to the bathroom and vomit, or thinking I can have a glass of water for dinner rather actual food, I have to lock the weighing scales in my car, because I know I will obsess if I go over a pound even though I know it’s purely water weight. I know I’m crazy but blame Tumblr and family members 😂

Just try to be healthy and happy. Being skinny is nothing when you’re miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Its time to focus on being inclusive to ugly people. We've had fat people inclusivity but nothing for uglies 🤷‍♀️ why is half or more of the population being ignored? Ugly barbie? Where are you? With your big plastic jug ears and bulbous nose, balding frizzy hair. Love Island, come on! The silence is deafening 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They look even worse 😭 😭

Breakfast should be enjoyable and I refuse to believe that any of you enjoy Weetabix
Mmmm weetabix ( THREE) with hot milk
Mmmm weetabix ( THREE) with cold milk
😀😛😎

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also I forgot to add when you’re starving yourself regularly you have the most vile shits and farts. It’s all dandy being petite but when you’re nearly suffocating yourself with your own mustard gas farts, it’s time to reevaluate your life 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Its time to focus on being inclusive to ugly people. We've had fat people inclusivity but nothing for uglies 🤷‍♀️ why is half or more of the population being ignored? Ugly barbie? Where are you? With your big plastic jug ears and bulbous nose, balding frizzy hair. Love Island, come on! The silence is deafening 🤷‍♀️
Agreed, I want to see ugly models! Even the plus size models usually have nice faces. And you can actually change your body weight but not your face (without procedures) so ugliness acceptance should be the priority!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.