Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
American portions are off the scale. It actually puts me off eating when I'm there. There is also this weird thing there that it's cheaper to eat out than to go to the supermarket (that was the case in New Jersey anyway) which is just insane.
That’s mostly in establishments for example diners or chains where the ingredients are cheap. We don’t have quality ingredients in our franchises like in the UK, so to justify charging money on something that costs them very little to make thanks to using GMOs they pump up the portion sizes.

Imagine thinking you know what a stranger on tattle does for living. 😂
imagine thinking you are qualified to speak on behalf of America? a lot of countries are struggling with weight these days it’s not just a US thing anymore. you’re just trying to deflect attention from people calling out the fat phobia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
American portions are off the scale. It actually puts me off eating when I'm there. There is also this weird thing there that it's cheaper to eat out than to go to the supermarket (that was the case in New Jersey anyway) which is just insane.
to be fair i think they also have a serious “leftovers” culture that we don’t 🤣 i’ve been all over the us and you frequently see people leave restaurants with boxes of their leftover food. like you say, it’s cheaper and they get at least two meals out of it!

the portions are ridiculous though. i remember a waiter in seattle refusing to charge my friend and i for our side orders because we’d barely touched them.

like tamliar says though, they have so many products that the eu have banned and also so many options of fast food (compared to your standard mcdonald’s, burger king etc).

Reactions: 3
I remember reading something once that said a UK large fries at McDonalds is smaller than an American small or something along those lines 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Dunno about that. I mean I know the evolutionary thing has a basis to it but my father looks like a cross between Rodney from OnlyFools and Quasimodo, looker he is not 😆 which according to the above makes me some freak of nature!
I think your father sounds very handsome...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I remember reading something once that said a UK large fries at McDonalds is smaller than an American small or something along those lines 🤣
They also put a whole host of weird ingredients in.

Ours are just potatoes, oil and salt theirs have about 59 ingredients.

• Wow
Bit of a light UO, but Pepsi (preferably ice cold) is much more superior to Coke.

i don’t mean the fake powdered stuff you get in fast food joints btw. The proper can/glass bottle ones.
Pepsi max is elite. .

I hate it if we go out for food and they say oh we have diet coke is that OK? - no it's absolutely not OK, but I'll drink it if I have too 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I hope to go to America in about a year and shall definitely be checking whether this is the case. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I hate when I ask for Coke and they say is Pepsi okay 🤣
That reminds me of that meme

Waiter:Can i have a coke? We dont have coke,pepsi ok?
Me: is monopoly money ok?

I would obviously prefer the pepsi.

There is a video on youtube of USA vs UK mcdonalds taste test.

Their fries might be bigger in size but they sound rank 🤣

• Haha
Pepsi max has a weird syrupy taste to it. Same with sprite. Their coke and 7up counterparts are far superior

That reminds me of that meme

Waiter:Can i have a coke? We dont have coke,pepsi ok?
Me: is monopoly money ok?

I would obviously prefer the pepsi.

American McDonald’s fries tend to be nicer cause they’re loaded with chemicals and stay crispy also they’re fried in oil that contains beef tannin.

it the same in other states too re cheaper to eat out.
Their portions sizes are obscene i ate one meal where i felt physically sick with the amount i ate and my plate looked I'd hardly touched any of it! Also in NY hardly any restaurants did child portions or menus which i found weird - what do they do? - order an adults portion and let the kids leave half of it or share ? i ended up just getting starter for mine and even that was too much !

[QUOTE="Pinkii, post: 11265863, member:

[/QUOTE]
Macdonalds in America is rank ! 🤮

Reactions: 2
Yeah healthcare is a business in America so pump food full of tit and it will keep the business flowing. It’s just a part of the American dream 🇺🇸 🦅 💥
Apparently they’re pumping the kids full of hormones now as ‘gender affirming’ healthcare becomes more and more popular…

• Sick
Reactions: 5
She had a winder that could make her hair really long or short.
I never had the Tressy doll (sadly) but there were two Cindy's or Barbie's that had really long, ankle length hair. One blonde, one dark. I had both of those and being a bit disappointed that the hair didn't alter I gave them both haircuts. In fact almost all of my Cindy's had horror trips to hairdressers. Always whilst reclining on the Blue Peter inspired sofa I made. By which I mean a mini cereal box, covered in material using liberal amounts of cellotape.
Cindy was such a goody two shoes compared to Barbie. I don't know why.

• Haha
Feels like I’ve walked into a pro-ana forum
Oh man,my pro ana was literally my life for so long, I remember the threads if you had too much food in one day you would have to do ‘punishments’. Such a toxic place, I don’t even know if it’s still there.

Oh man,my pro ana was literally my life for so long, I remember the threads if you had too much food in one day you would have to do ‘punishments’. Such a toxic place, I don’t even know if it’s still there.
I remember one popular ana influencers on tumblr, tit on a cracker and ate it as punishment for eating more than her daily limit

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Sindy had a better house ... and boyfriend 💅

ALL the soft drinks taste so much better abroad. Especially Fanta lemon.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.