Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
kate moss, is that you?!

it’s a dangerous rhetoric either way tbh - and this post is just as damaging as how you perceive seeing fat people in a positive way to be. also worth pointing out that what is perceived as attractive has changed with generations (look at classical paintings for a start): it isn’t evolutionary. but there’s a lot of worrying language in this post that i’m not touching with a barge pole 🤣
I wish I was Kate Moss.

I wish I was Kate Moss.
Oh and that is a Kate Moss quote "nothing taste as good as skinny feels"

Reactions: 1
Not sure if it’s unpopular or not but Yeezys are some of the ugliest trainers I’ve ever laid eyes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
While we're on unhealthy eating. Food is bullshit. It's addictive and people don't need anywhere near as much as they think. Food manufacturers make you think you need to eat loads so they can sell more crap.

Snacks weren't even a thing 40 years ago.

Fasting is good for you and it's fine to go up to 24 hours without eating. If you can't, you've got a food addiction.

I used to have this quote printed out and stuck on my desk about 10 years ago 😳 Luckily I’ve moved on since then 🤣🤣
Why did you get fat? 😂😜

Reactions: 6
While we're on unhealthy eating. Food is bullshit. It's addictive and people don't need anywhere near as much as they think. Food manufacturers make you think you need to eat loads so they can sell more crap.

Fasting is good for you and it's fine to go up to 24 hours without eating. If you can't, you've got a food addiction.
You wouldn’t like me if I went up to 24 hours without food, just saying. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i can only speak from my experience but I think it’s a mixture of things:

1) loads of people refuse to use mobility aids that wouod
Improve their lives because they see it as ‘giving up’ or being ‘negative’ (look at the Queen)
2) people don’t understand that fluctuating disabilities are a thing and think disability means you can’t walk (people have gasped when I have stood up from my wheelchair to reach a shelf LMFAO)
3) there’s just not enough representation or education about disabilities. people are very much walking sticks = old people
4) I think a lot of people really hate the idea that it could happen to anyone at any time and people with disabilities are often not born with them. It’s like mass denial. I have (ex)friends who just refuse to acknowledge my disability cos it means they’d have to acknowledge that this happened to me for no apparent reason when I was previously healthy and couldn’t do anything to prevent it. It makes them uncomfortable so they’d rather insinuate that I’m being dramatic and want some attention 🥲
I had a stroke 2 years ago. Out the blue. I was otherwise fit. I lost half my eyesight and my left side is weak. I also suffer from forgetfulness, misuse of words and fatigue. I have a white cane. Still coming to terms with it. The amount of misconceptions about being blind is ridiculous. Only a tiny % are fully blind. Most have some sight. I cannot see down or left in both eyes. So I can still see straight on. Therefore I can still use my phone (I talk in it or have large font). The dirty looks and vile comments I get are laughable. Faking it, attention seeker. Oh I’ve heard it all. There’s been huge leaps forward in racism, homophobia etc but it still seems to be ok to attack disabilities. I’ve only had it for 2yrs, imagine for life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I actually think Kate Moss is a riot and I’d never want to look like her 😂. Never got the hype and she’s aged so badly (prob due to her lifelong diet of fags and cocaine). Never got the big deal about Alexa Chung back in the day either. They both look like they’ve been dug up.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Why did you get fat? 😂😜
I've never been fat, I'm a size 10, unless you consider that fat? I just have a healthier relationship with food now then I did in my 20's
It's not healthy to believe that starving yourself is the only way to feel and look good.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I couldn't care less that she's missing a leg, but she's got fat spilling out of that swim suit and looks rank. She's been picked because she's missing a leg, not because she's a model. Models are supposed to be thin, it makes the clothes look better.

People can prattle on about fat acceptance, but we all know, thin looks better. You wanna be fat, be fat, but just know that nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels. You can't make people find fat attractive, it's evolutionary.
Wow. Im assuming you are a 5’11 size 4 mega babe with 40inch legs and the face of a young Elle Macpherson then yeah?!

stop trying to be deliberately inflammatory. You sound like an idiot.

Why did you get fat? 😂😜
You need your head examined mate!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Why did you get fat? 😂😜
genuinely i don’t know if your posts are “unpopular” or just deeply worrying at this point 🤣 that isn’t a healthy attitude to have towards food at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've never been fat, I'm a size 10, unless you consider that fat? I just have a healthier relationship with food now then I did in my 20's
It's not healthy to believe that starving yourself is the only way to feel and look good.
Yeah I think extremes are always bad. No need to starve yourself but no need to stuff your face constantly either and eat just unhealthy food. Really annoys me when on eg. Instagram someone posts one of those calorie swaps pictures with lower calorie alternatives and so many people in the comment 'or just eat that donut, just enjoy life, you have an eating disorder, calories don't matter' ehhh you can enjoy your life without pigging out and probably you can enjoy it for longer if you don't stuff your face with donuts daily.

Not aiming this at you btw, just responding to the starving yourself part of your post!

Reactions: 2
Wow. Im assuming you are a 5’11 size 4 mega babe with 40inch legs and the face of a young Elle Macpherson then yeah?!

Ahh betty, I like that we can always count on you to say it how it is!

But seriously, if you genuinely are feeling like you need to starve yourself for 24hrs a day in order to look good, then please seek help! It’s actually really dangerous to do that to yourself and your health isn’t worth compromising just to be skinny.

Reactions: 4

Wow, if Betty thinks I'm being deliberately inflammatory I must be winning 😂 pot kettle

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.