Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too, I'm so used to people's photos it gives me the rage when they change because I can't recognise them as well anymore, which is a real shame cause I'm quite sick of my masked pumpkin but I feel stuck with it for eternity now :LOL:
Give it a month and a half and it will be “in season” again!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am Scottish with ‘peely wally’ (really pale) skin. I am hoping one day all my freckles join up to make me look tanned.
Since being pregnant my freckles have gone insane. I swear they're one more heatwave away from joining together!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am Scottish with ‘peely wally’ (really pale) skin. I am hoping one day all my freckles join up to make me look tanned.
Me too. If they joined up I’d have a lovely tan. But no. I’m just peely Wally with red hair and a capacity to look like a lobster who’s had a fight with a crayola

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but unless you are religious, wedding vows are completely pointless.

No one should feel obliged to stay in an unhappy or unhealthy marriage. You shouldn't feel obliged to stay with anyone your whole life if you no longer want to. This isn't the olden days, you shouldn't feel you have to stay with someone that has turned out to be a twatt just because you are married.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Many trans people then?
0.01% of the population apparently

Completely agree. This whole “trans” thing is ridiculous nonsense anyway. A tiny TINY percentage of the population may have a genuine mental health issue where they believe they are in the wrong body - the rest of them are attention seeking, bandwagon jumping opportunists who are most likely gay but can’t admit it. The amount of time and bending over backwards that’s being done to accommodate this bullshit is utterly mind blowing.
It is a fetish, men who get a sexual thill out of identifying as a woman and having this affirmed by others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
People who keep blaming Brexit for everything are not only boring but ignorant too, Keep blaming the recession and price hikes on Brexit when places like the USA who were never in the EU and other countries who are still in the EU are also having the exact same problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but unless you are religious, wedding vows are completely pointless.

No one should feel obliged to stay in an unhappy or unhealthy marriage. You shouldn't feel obliged to stay with anyone your whole life if you no longer want to. This isn't the olden days, you shouldn't feel you have to stay with someone that has turned out to be a twatt just because you are married.
I hope that's not an unpopular opinion. I completely agree and I hope we've seen the end of the days when a married couple would stay together out of obligation, each of them growing increasingly bitter and twisted.

That said, if someone wants out of a marriage, they should be honest and tell their partner before they have sex with someone else. Fed up of hearing "Oh I didn't feel loved" as an excuse for having affairs. If you didn't feel loved, fine, but you could have had the decency to end your marriage before bleeping around.

People who keep blaming Brexit for everything are not only boring but ignorant too, Keep blaming the recession and price hikes on Brexit when places like the USA who were never in the EU and other countries who are still in the EU are also having the exact same problems.
I think that's true, Brexit can't be blamed on everything - generally there are multiple factors.

That said, there are still some ardent 'leave' voters who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to admit that Brexit has had some unintended and negative consequences. They're so stubborn that they think if they say one negative thing about Brexit it means they've abandoned the cause. (Not aimed at you by the way!)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1500862
i spent more time looking at the leg than the bikini 😬🫣
I didn’t. I don’t see an issue with using models with disabilities as not everyone’s got a perfect body. I don’t like how being plus size is being glamourised as it’s unhealthy. People can’t change their disabilities but they can change their size. Body positivity is about accepting that not everyone has a flat stomach and no imperfections, not telling people that being overweight is ok.

Reactions: 19
Just takes the blame away from the government. I live in an EU country and I have to say, we’ve not experienced half the tit that the UK is currently experiencing particularly in terms of increasing energy prices.

I didn’t. I don’t see an issue with using models with disabilities as not everyone’s got a perfect body. I don’t like how being plus size is being glamourised as it’s unhealthy. People can’t change their disabilities but they can change their size. Body positivity is about accepting that not everyone has a flat stomach and no imperfections, not telling people that being overweight is ok.
Exactly, this is like a perfect example of body positivity. What is the issue here???

Reactions: 6
I think it depends on how overweight we're talking. I agree if someone's obese then it shouldn't be celebrated as it's unhealthy and that person should at least try and lose the weight.

But if someone's just a bit overweight I don't see it as an issue. In fact, I think these unattainable gym bodies are worse as they can push people (especially younger) to try and get something that they simply can't achieve and then they feel tit about themselves.

Reactions: 5
Exactly, this is like a perfect example of body positivity. What is the issue here???
I remember I saw the advert recently and noticed the leg first. Though I was pleasantly surprised that they chose to use a model with a disability

Reactions: 6
I remember I saw the advert recently and noticed the leg first. Though I was pleasantly surprised that they chose to use a model with a disability
i think it’s the context of HOW you notice it that’s key really. noticing it and thinking it’s cool that they’re using a model with a visible disability is different from saying you looked at her prosthetic more than the swimsuit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ok PLT didn’t cast that model cos they care so deeply about representation; they want to make money so they need to appear to be inclusive, but if it makes disabled people feel even slightly more seen then it’s a great thing imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If as a grown adult you’re spending more time staring at a disability than you are the product being advertised then the problem is with your own perception of less able people, not the advertisement.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.