Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot of people seem to ignore that many teachers will be doing exam marking during summer, so they don't even get the full summer in a way. There also seems to be a lot of unpaid work in general

The whole thing with Harry Potter isn't only limited to trans people. A lot of trans 'allies' (I hate the word in these contexts) / those part of the LGBTQ+ community also felt offended. Obviously age is probably a factor here too. Really once you get to certain trans issues, it's not only the trans community that is going to have those opinions

Unpopular but I think some of the stuff being said about trans issues/wanting to encroach on women's spaces are a bit of a moral panic. No one but social pressure and maybe the fear of cameras is stopping a man going into a women's toilet

• Sick
Reactions: 4
A lot of people seem to ignore that many teachers will be doing exam marking during summer, so they don't even get the full summer in a way. There also seems to be a lot of unpaid work in general

The whole thing with Harry Potter isn't only limited to trans people. A lot of trans 'allies' (I hate the word in these contexts) / those part of the LGBTQ+ community also felt offended. Obviously age is probably a factor here too. Really once you get to certain trans issues, it's not only the trans community that is going to have those opinions

Unpopular but I think some of the stuff being said about trans issues/wanting to encroach on women's spaces are a bit of a moral panic. No one but social pressure and maybe the fear of cameras is stopping a man going into a women's toilet
School teachers donā€™t mark exam papers.

Reactions: 4
Well it definitely makes it easier for them if we just allow anyone to go where they want as they will have the freedom.

My main issue with it is that the ā€˜needsā€™ or ā€˜wantsā€™ of a MINORITY is overpowering everyone else and basic common sense.

I donā€™t want to use a changing room thats unisex when trying on clothes or post swim etc, so why does a manā€™s need come before mine?

My best friend is a muslim, she did womanā€™s only sessions at her local pool couple of evenings a week, well guess what happened, the pool decided anyone identifying as a woman can use those hours too, so my friend doesnā€™t go, along with most of the other women as a large number were muslims.

Or what about women who have been abused by men? Who is thinking of them in the middle of all this?

Trans people say they worry about their safety in menā€™s spaces, so why is it when a woman raises this as an issue its all of a sudden ā€˜transphobicā€™

No one is saying these people canā€™t have rights, but we need to ensure its safe for everyone Everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
School teachers donā€™t mark exam papers.
I assume we count school to include those teaching GCSEs?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Well it definitely makes it easier for them if we just allow anyone to go where they want as they will have the freedom.

My main issue with it is that the ā€˜needsā€™ or ā€˜wantsā€™ of a MINORITY is overpowering everyone else and basic common sense.

I donā€™t want to use a changing room thats unisex when trying on clothes or post swim etc, so why does a manā€™s need come before mine?

My best friend is a muslim, she did womanā€™s only sessions at her local pool couple of evenings a week, well guess what happened, the pool decided anyone identifying as a woman can use those hours too, so my friend doesnā€™t go, along with most of the other women as a large number were muslims.

Or what about women who have been abused by men? Who is thinking of them in the middle of all this?

Trans people say they worry about their safety in menā€™s spaces, so why is it when a woman raises this as an issue its all of a sudden ā€˜transphobicā€™

No one is saying these people canā€™t have rights, but we need to ensure its safe for everyone Everywhere.
Thatā€™s another issue where you feel safe, but the argument that a rapist could just waltz into a unisex bathroom to rape someone is pretty empty since they could do so now or before whenever they wanted to

I think it happens a lot when discussing trans ā€œrightsā€ - I donā€™t know whether access to womenā€™s spaces is really a right since theyā€™re not usually barred from those spaces, unless itā€™s medical in which case there needs to either be a compromise or a separate space. A lot of the arguments around safety seem very moral panic-y or mixed in with what youā€™re specifically comfortable with which doesnā€™t make them very ā€œstrongā€ in a way

I think the whole ā€˜movementā€™ against that sort of stuff should focus on setting up separate spaces for trans people or those that want to use them who arenā€™t trans. But then obviously you have a problem where trans people wouldnā€™t feel safe because their space could be entered by whoever

Reactions: 3
I think the whole ā€˜movementā€™ against that sort of stuff should focus on setting up separate spaces for trans people or those that want to use them who arenā€™t trans. But then obviously you have a problem where trans people wouldnā€™t feel safe because their space could be entered by whoever
I mean, they could erect single bathrooms like a Starbucks restroom.

I wonder if thereā€™s any law right now saying women canā€™t use mens bathrooms and vice versa lol. Pretty sure there isnā€™t. I remember a viral video a woman made explaining she marches into the mens room at venues whenever the line for the womens is too long. There were a lot of women saying they do the same.

Reactions: 2
But then obviously you have a problem where trans people wouldnā€™t feel safe because their space could be entered by whoever

This is exactly how most women would feel about sharing toilets with men. Why do some people find it so easy to disregard issues of womenā€™s safety but fall over themselves to pander to a very tiny minority of trans people?

ETA: the argument about how thereā€™s nothing stopping rapists entering womenā€™s toilets right now is nonsense. There would be risk involved and people would notice and react to a man going into womenā€™s toilets.

Itā€™s not that all men are rapists or deviants but gender neutral toilets would give the ones who are easier access and more opportunity. I donā€™t know what is so hard to understand about that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
With regards to the trans issue. For me itā€™s simple. I donā€™t care how you want to identify. On you crack. However simply put I donā€™t want biological men in my changing rooms, in my toilets, in womens refuges, in my sports, in my safe havens such as womens only swimming time or womens only yoga etc. I donā€™t want biological men in with vulnerable women in prison or in hospital wards and I donā€™t want them telling me Iā€™m transphobic simply for wanting women only spaces. Or for wanting women to actually win in sports and not be pummled by a man (Fallon Fox anyone). I also find it frightening that they are giving puberty blockers to young children who will probably grow out of it (Keira bell) or who are actually either just gay or just a tomboy. Women fought for years to get these spaces and equality in sport etc and in 1 swoop itā€™s being destroyed

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Yep. Recruited by exam boards but they are teachers.
View attachment 1499868

My unpopular opinion to change the subjectšŸ™‚

I hate the really hot weather. 34 degrees is too much šŸ„µ
Yeah but the point is marking exam papers during the summer is NOT a standard part of a normal school teachers job as per their contract. Itā€™s not part of the role. Someone up thread was implying it was something teachers do during the summer as standard.

Yes agree, change the subject!

34 is too warm, love it on holiday but otherwise itā€™s just too warm!!!

Reactions: 6
Yeah but the point is marking exam papers during the summer is NOT a standard part of a normal school teachers job as per their contract. Itā€™s not part of the role. Someone up thread was implying it was something teachers do during the summer as standard.

Yes agree, change the subject!

34 is too warm, love it on holiday but otherwise itā€™s just too warm!!!
Your initial quote was wrong. Thatā€™s why I replied. They can make. Loads do. Not really worth it for the Ā£Ā£Ā£ based on the number of exams to go through tho

34 degrees in Turkey or Spain - love it. Sweating my tits off in my lounge in England - donā€™t love it. A solid 25 degrees is plenty ā˜€

Alsoooo I think Greggs is overratedšŸ¤£

34 degrees in Turkey or Spain - love it. Sweating my tits off in my lounge in England - donā€™t love it. A solid 25 degrees is plenty
26 degree weather is grand in Spain, 26 degrees in Ireland has me choking and gasping for air. Itā€™s like a completely different type of sun, unreal.

Reactions: 6
26 degree weather is grand in Spain, 26 degrees in Ireland has me choking and gasping for air. Itā€™s like a completely different type of sun, unreal.
Iā€™m sure there was a debate on here about temperatures feeling different in other countries compared to here šŸ˜…. I think it totally feels different.
Ps itā€™s only 21 now and Iā€™m that sweaty after a walk Iā€™ve had to change my entire outfit šŸ˜³

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m sure there was a debate on here about temperatures feeling different in other countries compared to here šŸ˜…. I think it totally feels different.
Ps itā€™s only 21 now and Iā€™m that sweaty after a walk Iā€™ve had to change my entire outfit šŸ˜³
Humidity probably has a lot to do with it

Also itā€™s shocking how little shade there is in many places so walking, or generally just trying to enjoy the weather, is that much more unbearable. I wonder how we plan to adapt to this if it becomes more common

Hot weather in the UK and Ireland is projected directly from hell. Vile.

Itā€™s 17 degrees and raining today and Iā€™m just like
55070850-003A-4874-949A-08058DAB06BB.gif

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.