Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only went and bloody found it!!

Cue husband and son peering out the window in consternation, as I forensically examined the outside of our wheelie bin. :D

I'm still going to get a rattle can and spray my house number on it though, so I can pretend I'm a renowned graffiti artist, just for a few minutes.

I can't believe you haven't done this yet. If you want to do it properly you need a tin of old white emulsion and then draw a really bad number on the bin which you can't change. :LOL:

You could also decorate it with some tasteful stickers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I only went and bloody found it!!

Cue husband and son peering out the window in consternation, as I forensically examined the outside of our wheelie bin. :D
I'm quite tempted to go nosey myself, but I worry the neighbours will wonder what the crazy is up to now 🤪😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Uo1 Olivia Rodriguez is so bleeping overrated. I remember even radio stations raving about her hits and I just couldn't see it. Some of her songs are catchy at best but so mainstream. And I find her irritating like a teenage karaoke while on the toilet

Uo2 Models especially glamour models with fake breasts, bums and nowadays fake faces shouldn't be put on pedeals or even be famous. Like you got plastic surgery... literally some doctor cut you open and put silicone or fat inside you or injected. You are artificial by definition and now you make a living out of it? Sure anybody can look like that with surgery if you've got money, you are nothing special whatsoever.
Not to mention all the young impressionable girls who see them and their surgically altered beauty standards. It's more unusual to see an insta hun without lip fillers, botox these days

I think natural big breasted glamour models from the 80s were best because they actually look like this and are naturally gorgeous not living a facade. They were hot and natural unlike the dopes today
Fake plastic tits are disgusting imo 🤢

I think in runway modelling circles they even look down on plastic surgery, and this is why Bella Hadid never admitted to her obvious surgery. They don't respect it because it's like your body is literally altered, when you hear that out loud does it not sound mad these people are given platforms??

The my body my choice brigade can say it all they want but there are things that even if there's consent should be illegal

Sex tourism where Western men go over to impoverished countries for sex that conveniently have lower ages of consent. Paedos have known to flock to Thailand and the Philippines and these men are rejects who are blatant predators. Why else travel half way across the world?

Sugar dating, again creepy men exploiting vulnerable people. Usually barely legal teens who might live in a new city and have loans and rent to pay off. Any middle aged creep who sees no problem in getting with a teenager is a predator, end of story. Brandon wade the seeking creator's extremely young Girlfriend took her life and not a word said. These men are glorified pimps

Surrogacy and egg and sperm donations, the ramifications of surrogacy are endless. And yes you only see poor women being a paid surrogate and you would also see only poor women working in McDonald's for minimum wage but the difference is one is life threatening one is not.

Egg and sperm donations put the adults wants and needs before the child's. The end result is usually an estranged parent by human design.
As controversial as it sounds but I really don't think single, infertile or gay people should not be able to do this and should instead foster or adopt existing children, it's only a narcassist who couldn't love an adopted child. Every child deserves to know their origins and not suffer heartbreak from rejection of a genetic parent down the line.

adopting or fostering is completely different because they aren't creating the estranged circumstances just because the parents
want a related offspring🙄They are providing the babies and children with loving homes which I don't doubt they can provide. I didn't think about all this until Tom Daley the swimmers baby was born and I saw a man's outrage on twitter

Uo1 Olivia Rodriguez is so bleeping overrated. I remember even radio stations raving about her hits and I just couldn't see it. Some of her songs are catchy at best but so mainstream. And I find her irritating like a teenage karaoke while on the toilet

Uo2 Models especially glamour models with fake breasts, bums and nowadays fake faces shouldn't be put on pedeals or even be famous. Like you got plastic surgery... literally some doctor cut you open and put silicone or fat inside you or injected. You are artificial by definition and now you make a living out of it? Sure anybody can look like that with surgery if you've got money, you are nothing special whatsoever.
Not to mention all the young impressionable girls who see them and their surgically altered beauty standards. It's more unusual to see an insta hun without lip fillers, botox these days

I think natural big breasted glamour models from the 80s were best because they actually look like this and are naturally gorgeous not living a facade. They were hot and natural unlike the dopes today

I think in runway modelling circles they even look down on plastic surgery, and this is why Bella Hadid never admitted to her obvious surgery. They don't respect it because it's like your body is literally altered, when you hear that out loud does it not sound mad these people are given platforms??

The my body my choice brigade can say it all they want but there are things that even if there's consent should be illegal

Sex tourism where Western men go over to impoverished countries for sex that conveniently have lower ages of consent. Paedos have known to flock to Thailand and the Philippines and these men are rejects who are blatant predators. Why else travel half way across the world?

Sugar dating, again creepy men exploiting vulnerable people. Usually barely legal teens who might live in a new city and have loans and rent to pay off. Any middle aged creep who sees no problem in getting with a teenager is a predator, end of story. Brandon wade the seeking creator's extremely young Girlfriend took her life and not a word said. These men are glorified pimps

Surrogacy and egg and sperm donations, the ramifications of surrogacy are endless. And yes you only see poor women being a paid surrogate and you would also see only poor women working in McDonald's for minimum wage but the difference is one is life threatening one is not.

Egg and sperm donations put the adults wants and needs before the child's. The end result is usually an estranged parent by human design.
As controversial as it sounds but I really don't think single, infertile or gay people should not be able to do this and should instead foster or adopt existing children, it's only a narcassist who couldn't love an adopted child. Every child deserves to know their origins and not suffer heartbreak from rejection of a genetic parent down the line.

adopting or fostering is completely different because they aren't creating the estranged circumstances just because the parents
want a related offspring🙄They are providing the babies and children with loving homes which I don't doubt they can provide. I didn't think about all this until Tom Daley the swimmers baby was born and I saw a man's outrage on twitter
Separating my posts🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

Separating my posts🙄

Great post. My only objections are:

I don't think anyone should be put on a pedestal for their looks whether it's natural or fake. Part of the problem with the patriarchal society is that women are valued more for being good looking than they are for their achievements, contribution to society or being a good person.

I don't agree that only a narcissist coulndt love an adopted child. I find children very difficult. I love my own because the bond is there from birth but someone else child I don't think I could bond with. That's not even taking into account that many children in the foster and adoption system have problems because of fetal alcohol syndrome and/or seeing/being subject to abuse.

Reactions: 8

agree with almost all of your post but wanted to quote the two i especially agree with!

surrogacy (and especially paid surrogacy) should be illegal imo. you are basically renting someone’s womb and, like you say, it’s always poorer women who are exploited. i couldn’t believe all the stories coming out of ukraine with western women rushing over to the border because their pregnant surrogate (who they arranged online or through an agency) was there. speaks absolute volumes, and that’s before you have celebrities like nick jonas and his wife using a surrogate because they’re “too busy” to actually get down and conceive themselves. so put someone who needs the money through the difficulties of pregnancy and childbirth instead? nope.

fully agree on egg and sperm donation too. it’s a tricky one for me because a close friend of mine has done it twice (through an agency with the same donor) but i always felt weird about it. even more so when you have people arranging it on facebook and such. like you say, you’re setting the child up to have one estranged parent and to grow up always wanting answers on that point. it comes down to the parent wanting without really much consideration for how they’re going to deal with questions from the child later.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I both agree and disagree, as a vegan.

Cows and hens are abused horrifically for their female bodies.

There is no milk without killing calves. Dairy cows are kept in a constant cycle of pregnancy and birth to keep their milk coming. (This often involves artificial insemination). The babies are torn from their mothers after a few days, if female they will usually be fed formula and raised to be dairy cows, if male they will be slaughtered for veal.

Dairy cows are bred to produce ten times more milk than is natural, leading to agonising mastitis. They spend their days hooked up to milking machines. They are slaughtered very young, about age 7 or younger, when their milk yields start to decline.

Hens are bred to produce an unnatural number of eggs. In the wild, they made a few clutches per year, like many birds. Domestic hens lay eggs constantly. This leaves them prone to cloacal prolapses, and cripples their bones with nutrient deficiencies. Most hens are factory farmed and kept imprisoned in small cages (even “enriched” cages are still small), and slaughtered very young, like cows. Most free range eggs come from hens that live in large, over-crowded sheds together, with theoretical access to outside space via small openings. In reality, many hens may not be able to reach the outside. Free range hens can have more injuries than factory-farmed, as being over-crowded causes them to fight.

The powerful mothering instinct in women is often used to denigrate women as stupid and emotions, and more like animals. Instead, we should see the link between species of similar mothering instincts to recognise the intelligence and sentience of animals, and have empathy for them.

Women’s bodies are abused for their reproductive potential, and female animals suffer reproductive abuse. There is a link.

The presence of a new slaughterhouse significantly raises violent and sexual crimes in the surrounding area, including rapes. If something unequivocally increases women being sexually abused, then it is a feminist concern.

Also women will be more impacted by climate change, and animal agriculture is one of the biggest causes of climate change. Not just from methane and other greenhouse gas emissions, but because it’s responsible for 94% of all deforestation.

So yes, animal agriculture is absolutely a feminist issue, and vegans should be allowed to talk about it without being attacked.

On the other hand saying “you can be this unless you’re also that” for any cause is unhelpful and provocative. Vegans ourselves are used to this, being lectured by uneducated hateful people that we “care about animals rather than humans” and listing all the ways in which vegans should be solely responsible for solving every single social problem in the entire world, before they’ll allow us to even think about animal agriculture.

There can also be infighting from a small number of new vegans, with some demanding that every other vegan has to agree with them on every other tangentially related cause.

It causes strife and achieves nothing, it doesn’t attract anyone to the extra causes are demanded of us.

I know feminists suffer similar and they refer to it as expecting them to be “activism nannies”. When these demands come from outsiders - like with outsiders attacking vegans - it’s mostly whataboutery by haters (who don’t give a tit about the causes they demand we spend our energy on) trying undermine the cause and its supporters.

So, in summary, while animal agriculture is definitely a feminist issue, I would never demand that if people support one cause they must support another, because it’s unhelpful and achieves nothing but ill feeling. People often only have the energy to devote their time to one cause. That’s ok, no one can save the world alone.

That said, feminists shouldn’t attack vegans for raising awareness of the harms of animal agriculture on women, or the abuse of female animals. Just pass over it if you’re not interested.

Demands to be-vegan-or-you’re-not feminist are over-simplified and absolutely unacceptable; simply talking about the links between feminism and veganism are fine. Any feminist who wants to shut vegans up knows we have a point, but doesn’t want to be vegan herself. Rather than just… not being vegan and respecting those who are, they want to stop vegans talking entirely to avoid their own mental discomfort.
Tattle is fun, because you get to see weird thoughts like this one. Next you will be arguing men jerking of should be made illegal as the wasted sperm deprives many women the chance of getting pregnant.

I used to work in the software industry, and my area of expertise was feed formulation.

I used to develop software for dairy cattle, beef cattle, hens and pigs.
Please don't make everything anti women.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Tattle is fun, because you get to see weird thoughts like this one. Next you will be arguing men jerking of should be made illegal as the wasted sperm derives many women the chance of getting pregnant.

I used to work in the software industry, and my area of expertise was feed formulation.

what about their (well written and well informed) post was “weird”? the point that they were making, with numerous examples, is that (to quote): “women’s bodies are abused for their reproductive potential, and female animals suffer reproductive abuse”. that is true and they explain why. it has nothing to do with men “jerking off” because what about that involves the woman’s own body being abused and manipulated?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tattle is fun, because you get to see weird thoughts like this one. Next you will be arguing men jerking of should be made illegal as the wasted sperm deprives many women the chance of getting pregnant.

Tattle is a lot more fun when people are able to make well reasoned arguments in response to posts they disagree with, rather than just proclaiming that the OP has ‘weird thoughts’.
Like what is your counter argument here? Your expertise was feed formulation, so don’t make everything about women? What are you even trying to say?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
what about their (well written and well informed) post was “weird”? the point that they were making, with numerous examples, is that (to quote): “women’s bodies are abused for their reproductive potential, and female animals suffer reproductive abuse”. that is true and they explain why. it has nothing to do with men “jerking off” because what about that involves the woman’s own body being abused and manipulated?
In farming, a lot of cattle, and hen and pigs are reared for what they provide. Do you seriously think the farmer does it, because he thinks the animals are cute.

We all want food as cheaply as possible, it seems hypocrital to complain about rising prices then moan about how livestock are given certain feeds to promote whatever aspect the farmers want.

Reactions: 1
In farming, a lot of cattle, and hen and pigs are reared for what they provide. Do you seriously think the farmer does it, because he thinks the animals are cute.

We all want food as cheaply as possible, it seems hypocrital to complain about rising prices then moan about how livestock are given certain feeds to promote whatever aspect the farmers want.
i don’t think that a farmer becomes a farmer because “he” thinks animals are cute, i don’t know how you got that impression 🤣

you have completely missed the point of @Cack Conroe post and the examples she was giving. the response was to someone making a comparison between feminism and the dairy industry, she explained (clearly) numerous examples where female animals are abused to give more clarity on why this comparison was valid. i don’t think she, or anyone else here, is in denial or hypocritical about how the industry works. that wasn’t the point she was making 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
i don’t think that a farmer becomes a farmer because “he” thinks animals are cute, i don’t know how you got that impression 🤣

you have completely missed the point of @Cack Conroe post and the examples she was giving. the response was to someone making a comparison between feminism and the dairy industry, she explained (clearly) numerous examples where female animals are abused to give more clarity on why this comparison was valid. i don’t think she, or anyone else here, is in denial or hypocritical about how the industry works. that wasn’t the point she was making 🤷🏼‍♀️
I thought it was a brilliant post and I wouldn't expect a man to understand it 😉

I saw the original post about Feminism should include dairy cows and was like wtf. Then cack conroe posted and I was like wow. I hadn't thought of half of what she posted and it made me think. But yeh I wouldn't expect John to get it lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
As some of you seem to be bothered about the eggs issue, hens are also reared for sale to KFC etc. They are given various feeds to fatten them up quickly.

As many of you are fond of saying, men shouldn't have a say in women's issues, likewise vegans and vegetarians shouldn't really be pontificating about what non vegans etc eat.

Stick a carrot in your mouth and chew on it and stop denying me the right to eat what I want.

• Haha
  • Heart
As some of you seem to be bothered about the eggs issue, hens are also reared for sale to KFC etc. They are given various feeds to fatten them up quickly.

As many of you are fond of saying, men shouldn't have a say in women's issues, likewise vegans and vegetarians shouldn't really be pontificating about what non vegans etc eat.

Stick a carrot in your mouth and chew on it and stop denying me the right to eat what I want.
You seem to think you are making a point.

It’s funny that some non-vegans - 96% of the UK population - think their “rights” are being denied by vegans merely talking, as if meat eaters are some kind of persecuted minority.

What part of a vegan sharing information on a gossip forum in any way prevents you from choosing what to eat? 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Nobody cares what you eat. You clearly didn't read the post people were talking about if you've gone straight to "BUT MY BACON".

• Heart
Nobody cares what you eat. You clearly didn't read the post people were talking about if you've gone straight to "BUT MY BACON".
MY BACON, has made my Butt as fat as it is.

Isn't all the vegan propaganda designed to make us non vegetarians feel guilty.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
MY BACON, has made my Butt as fat as it is.

Isn't all the vegan propaganda designed to make us non vegetarians feel guilty.
I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian - I enjoy my bacon. But I can also read someone else's well-written and well thought out views on a topic and spend time considering it without rushing to screech on the internet that someone is tAkInG mY RiGhTs aWaY.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian - I enjoy my bacon. But I can also read someone else's well-written and well thought out views on a topic and spend time considering it without rushing to screech on the internet that someone is tAkInG mY RiGhTs aWaY.
It's just a shame, that people like you can't be as open minded when blokes express their opinion on abortion and other "so called" women's issues.

Reactions: 1
They can have an opinion but don’t get to decide.
Exactly this. No one is saying that men (or anyone) can’t have an opinion 🤣, just that your opinion is utterly worthless when it comes to a woman making the decision of what she wants to do with her own body, regardless of what that opinion is.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.