Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daisy Steiner

Gender neutral toilets? Why is this even up for discussion? Really frustrates me.
I'm at a certain age, going through the perimenopause...like I haven't had enough shit to deal with as a person born with a vagina aka a woman!!!....FUCK OFF....Try dealing with cramps, mood swings, heavy bleeding every 28 days...come back when you experience that.
Fight for your rights, by all means...but
stop taking female identities away. I was born female, I am female, I am a woman. I need toilets for my genders use.
You want yours? Build them...fuck off and have your own.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Gender neutral toilets? Why is this even up for discussion? Really frustrates me.
I'm at a certain age, going through the perimenopause...like I haven't had enough shit to deal with as a person born with a vagina aka a woman!!!....FUCK OFF....Try dealing with cramps, mood swings, heavy bleeding every 28 days...come back when you experience that.
Fight for your rights, by all means...but
stop taking female identities away. I was born female, I am female, I am a woman. I need toilets for my genders use.
You want yours? Build them...fuck off and have your own.
The whole gender neutral nonsense needs to fuck off all together. Notice how it’s only ever females who are attacked and labelled as terms relating to the female reproductive system and males don’t get the same treatment. For eg “womb haver” “cervix haver” “menstruating person”. It’s all bull shit, if someone had of said 50 years ago, “I identify as a non binary person”, they’d of been rightly referred to a psychiatrist. I don’t care who this offends to be quite honest but it is all a farce and I don’t buy any of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
Does the baby not have a right to life?
The baby is a baby when it is born. It cannot survive without a woman for the majority of the term of pregnancy. Where are the rights of the woman who is alive, in the world? So essentially women become 4th class citizens.
1. Men
2. Children
3. Unborn children
4. Women

• Heart
Reactions: 47

JE172

VIP Member
After seeing Stormzy is 72 years old getting an honorary degree in the news today I’d like to add those to this thread. I worked damn hard for 4 years to get my degree! I’d never accept an honorary one as a celeb, baffles me how they can feel any worth or pride in it when it’s literally been just gifted to them! In real life most would still struggle to scrape a GCSE to their name.

Why does my post say he is 72?? I didn’t type that??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

nopenopenopejustno

Not sure if it's just me being a dinosaur but 10-year-old girls having spray tans and fake nails? My daughter gives me the "but so and so at school gets them!" "Good for her, shame your mum is an ancient fossil who says no!"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I had a disabled child, it wasn't picked up in pregnancy. I woulndt wish that life on anyone. It nearly destroyed me. Not all disabled children are these happy little downs syndrome kids. If youre not able to cope with a disabled child you should not be forced to continue with the pregnancy. Especially as they may just end up in the care system. It's not about disabled people haveing less right to life. It's recognising that not everyone is capable or has the means to care for a disabled person. Especially when there is fuck all support from the gov (I'm UK and coulndt get help because the support is so stretched)

In the same rational, abortion is also about recognising that not all women are capable or have the means to care for a child. It does not serve society well having thousands of unwanted babies that are either dragged up by unsuitable mothers, poorly cared for by mothers that don't have the means to care for them, or placed into care. There are not loads of parents wanting British babies, even ones taken at birth aren't wanted due to things like drinking during pregnancy.

Women don't suddenly turn into good mother's because they were forced to have a baby they didn't want. Some may, but in reality most don't.

I don't particularly like the thought of babies being killed, but it's the lesser of two evils.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

Crabbypatty00

People who moan about their council house being over crowded. Fucks sake - why have more kids if you know you don't have space for them and then get the arse ache when the council can't or won't give you a bigger house?

People who don't have council houses have to make these choices, why the fuck shouldn't everyone?

Fed up of seeing these ridiculous sob stories in the newspapers. If you want a big family and a big house, work out how to pay for it like the rest of us have to!

And before anyone jumps down my throat I appreciate that circumstances can change rapidly. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about people who actively choose to bring more and more children into already over crowded accomodation.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Just looked at period poverty online, there's a charity called Bloody Good Period.
I am shocked to see no mention of women or girls on their website, we are "people who bleed", presumably to appease trans rights activists and female-bodied trans men. How inclusive of them to exclude women and girls!
What a fucking disgrace to erase women and girls from a website about menstruation 🩸

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
This issue cannot be debated. Removing the right of a woman to have an abortion for ANY reason is abhorrent.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I think Pride has gone over the top and am sick of seeing its branding everywhere. Especially companies rebranding their logo for Pride month. It seems to get a disproportionate amount of coverage now in the corporate world. I feel like politicians jump on the bandwagon too. I even know of a gay person who's sick of it and doesn't identify with the movement.

I support gay rights btw incl same sex marriage and adoption.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I think the abortion ruling in America is generally a good thing. People are arguing about rights but what about the rights of the human life of the baby? Does the baby not have a right to life? Do not get me wrong I think where there is a strong risk that going full term could kill the mother or if the pregnancy occurs as a result of rape, then abortion should be an option. There is nothing to suggest that individual states won't make allowances for that. However some people are using abortion as a form of contraception. They have no respect for the value of human life. The abortion clinics in America have constant arrivals, usually from one night stands that result in pregnancy.
so you agree with removal of choice? you agree with forced birth? you agree with unwanted children being forced into existence?

i’ve said it so many times over the last few days but i cannot, on any level, understand putting the “rights” of a still developing embryo/fetus over the rights and choices of an actual woman. what about respect for her human life?

also, there’s plenty to suggest that certain states won’t make allowances. and, by definition, abortion is a form of contraception. a contraception is a thing or method which prevents or stops a pregnancy.

if abortion clinics have constant arrivals then good for them. i’m glad women have the ability to make that choice, for whatever reason 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 41

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Mainly because I'm not comfortable with ending a life of a possibly great human.

Many years ago I saw some pictures of an abortion and the remains and found it absolutely sick and disgusting, it hurt my heart that it was done to a tiny human.

I accept abortion in some circumstances e.g. to save life, where foetus not viable, a child who's been raped. I'm sure there are other cases I'd accept. I'm not comfortable with the other 98pc of abortions.

My partner feels the same interestingly neither of us believe in God which puts us out of sync with many who hold pro life views.
interesting! i appreciate you clarifying because i know it’s a sensitive topic.

i truly can’t say i agree. forced birth because the foetus may become a great human doesn’t make much sense - what if they become a terrible human? being born to a parent who never wanted them doesn’t exactly set them up for greatness.

i just don’t think the rights of an unborn child should trump the rights of a living woman. it is her body, her life, that will be impacted.

as said above, very correctly, if YOU don’t agree with abortions then don’t have one. but no one has any right to tell someone else what they should or should not do with their own body. there’s a potential baby at the end of this, do we want thousands of unwanted children in the world?!

it’s a dangerous rhetoric imo, that is only going to open the floodgates in the us for more government regulated control of womens’ bodies. it sorta goes beyond an “unpopular opinion”. but, as said, i do genuinely appreciate you giving your view on it. it just wouldn’t be physically possible for me to disagree more.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
School proms are a load of shite too.

They just started to become a thing when when daughter was leaving school. Again it all became about the best dress, limo's etc etc.

Proms, baby showers, gender reveal, Halloween .... I wouldn't mind but this is all imported shit from America.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

SnoopySnooper86

Chatty Member
What about those who have planned the pregnancy but screen for learning disabilities and decide to terminate? Is that the correct thing to do, to end a life just because it is different? My next door neighbours had a girl with Down's syndrome and she brought much joy to their lives. As I said, it is not black and white but America has a duty to protect human life, though there are exceptional circumstances.
With all due respect it’s none of your fucking business if someone wants to terminate because of a disability, you’re not the morality police.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
My sentiments exactly. Have always wanted a marriage not a wedding and really one of the reasons we are getting married is so I am my husbands next of kin and not his parents. We have 6 people attending and that is 2 too many frankly and a small party. I have everyone not to buy a new dress or a present. I don't want it costing people a fortune. I made sure my hen do only cost £40 as I hate the idea of people paying for things I wanted.
The whole wedding thing has got way out of hand. I think I'd actually be really nervous of putting on a huge do.

Hen and Stag do's abroad that last 3 or 4 days? Expecting people to travel abroad or far from home and incur hotel costs. Then there's presents.

Have your wedding how you want it but don't be offended if someone says they're not coming to some or all of it just because you want to have some massive shindig.

• Heart

whippersnapper

Chatty Member
It would be nice to think that "the baby's right to life" is being respected, but in the US they don't give a fuck about it once it's born. Just look at their attitude to healthcare, maternity leave, poverty, etc. A lot of those babies who are getting their "right to life" are about to be born into poverty and misery and illness.
Reminds me of a quote from George Carlin ....

“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.”

George died in 2008 and this still rings true - sadly.

• Heart