Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't agree with bigger people referring to "fatphobia" as discrimination and thinking it's on the same level as racism/homophobia.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My unpopular and hopefully not too controversial opinion is just because you have a bit of road directly outside your house, it doesn’t make it yours and others are actually allowed to park there 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't agree with bigger people referring to "fatphobia" as discrimination and thinking it's on the same level as racism/homophobia.
Yeah, one bit difference is that you can't exactly change your race or sexual orientation but you can change your weight

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree that it’s not the same because weight isn’t a protected characteristic however it is still really horrible, not just people making remarks on someone being fat but on someone’s weight in general. Up until I’d had children and put a bit of weight on I was always told to “eat a burger” and “fatten up” and it’s just nasty. I don’t compare it with racism or homophobia though

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree that it’s not the same because weight isn’t a protected characteristic however it is still really horrible, not just people making remarks on someone being fat but on someone’s weight in general. Up until I’d had children and put a bit of weight on I was always told to “eat a burger” and “fatten up” and it’s just nasty. I don’t compare it with racism or homophobia though
I couldn't agree more! It's a completely different ball game. No one ever has the right the comment on someone else's body, no matter what size you are and it's awful when someone does. What I don't really agree with is people making a movement out of "Fat acceptance" because they believe they're being discriminated against, and comparing it to being judged for your race/sexual orientation. (I say this as a woman who has been a size 8 and a size 20 in my lifetime haha)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It is discrimination - its just not in the same league (illegal/punishable/sackable) like racism and homphobia is. Transphobia is working hard to get into those same leagues.

Reactions: 2
No one should be hated or discriminated against for anything except their words and actions.

Also just because someone doesn't like you it doesn't mean its about your skin, or your sexuality etc
Sometimes its just because you are a hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Lurpak is gross. And I don’t care if they give it away for free, I wouldn’t have it on my toast. I mean, I’m sorry if you love it and can’t afford it now it’s £900 a tub, I realise that is a bad sign of the times in which we live. But ugh 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Lurpak is gross. And I don’t care if they give it away for free, I wouldn’t have it on my toast. I mean, I’m sorry if you love it and can’t afford it now it’s £900 a tub, I realise that is a bad sign of the times in which we live. But ugh 🤮
Isn't Lurpak just a brand name for butter? What do you put on your toast instead of butter?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Isn't Lurpak just a brand name for butter? What do you put on your toast instead of butter?
I use a supermarket I can’t believe it’s not as buttery as other butters out there type - doesn’t matter which one, they all taste the same! I do like real butter but Lurpak definitely has an odd taste to it.

Reactions: 4
I use a supermarket I can’t believe it’s not as buttery as other butters out there type - doesn’t matter which one, they all taste the same! I do like real butter but Lurpak definitely has an odd taste to it.
is it whatever they add to it to make it spreadable? Some sort of polyunsaturated glucozide agent?

I sound as if I'm really smart, don't I? I just made that last bit up ;)

is it whatever they add to it to make it spreadable? Some sort of polyunsaturated glucozide agent?

I sound as if I'm really smart, don't I? I just made that last bit up ;)
If you hadn’t have said you made it up I would have totally believed it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My unpopular and hopefully not too controversial opinion is just because you have a bit of road directly outside your house, it doesn’t make it yours and others are actually allowed to park there 😂
We live on a pretty tight lane and my neighbour parks directly opposite our drive, will never move his car and block anyone in who parks there but we struggle to get out and it drives me insane!

A wheelie bin thief must live locally then. Who would put a stinky rubbish bin in the back of their car?

I’ve just been reminded it’s bin day (once a month if we’re lucky) and I noticed all our neighbours have their house numbers spray painted on their bins. Must get a rattle can and personalise mine 😂
They have a code number on (well they do where I live) and the last number/ numbers is the number of your house.

I discovered this when my busybody neighbour pointed out that I had inadvertently taken his bin by mistake and he wanted his bin back 😆!

• Wow
They have a code number on (well they do where I live) and the last number/ numbers is the number of your house.

I discovered this when my busybody neighbour pointed out that I had inadvertently taken his bin by mistake and he wanted his bin back 😆!
Whereabouts on the bin? I shall have to tear myself away from the live version of Bye Bye Boris, Boris Bye Bye and go and check this out :D

Reactions: 2
Whereabouts on the bin? I shall have to tear myself away from the live version of Bye Bye Boris, Boris Bye Bye and go and check this out :D
I know! I tried to style it out but I really was in awe of my busybody neighbour's greater bin knowledge 🤣!!
The number in on the outside of the bin, on the side near the top 🤓

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I know! I tried to style it out but I really was in awe of my busybody neighbour's greater bin knowledge 🤣!!
The number in on the outside of the bin, on the side near the top 🤓
I only went and bloody found it!!

Cue husband and son peering out the window in consternation, as I forensically examined the outside of our wheelie bin. :D

I'm still going to get a rattle can and spray my house number on it though, so I can pretend I'm a renowned graffiti artist, just for a few minutes.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.