Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. No one is saying that men (or anyone) can’t have an opinion 🤣, just that your opinion is utterly worthless when it comes to a woman making the decision of what she wants to do with her own body, regardless of what that opinion is.
Correct, but how many posts have you seen here, that says men can't have an opinion on women's issues.

There are loads. I personally don't care either way.

Reactions: 1
It's just a shame, that people like you can't be as open minded when blokes express their opinion on abortion and other "so called" women's issues.
The problem isn't "blokes expressing an opinion", it's blokes literally taking women's rights away.

If you think that someone literally just BEING vegan around you is equivalent to men taking women's reproductive rights off them, I'll probably get banned from Tattle for finishing this sentence.

Men: "LISTEN TO MEEEE WOMEN, LISTEN TO ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT I THINK ABOUT YOUR UTERUS"

Also men: "wow i can't believe these women who don't like men wtf"

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Correct, but how many posts have you seen here, that says men can't have an opinion on women's issues.

There are loads. I personally don't care either way.
I’ve never seen those posts personally, but I’ll take your word for it.
The main point is, women just don’t really give a tit about mens opinions of what they do with their bodies anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Great post. My only objections are:

I don't think anyone should be put on a pedestal for their looks whether it's natural or fake. Part of the problem with the patriarchal society is that women are valued more for being good looking than they are for their achievements, contribution to society or being a good person.

I don't agree that only a narcissist coulndt love an adopted child. I find children very difficult. I love my own because the bond is there from birth but someone else child I don't think I could bond with. That's not even taking into account that many children in the foster and adoption system have problems because of fetal alcohol syndrome and/or seeing/being subject to abuse.
Oh I definitely agree with you that nobody should be placed on a pedestal due to their looks! What I just mean is that those who get paid to model should be natural and not surgically superficial or it's basically just models with money who are taking spots that could have gone to naturally gorgeous models who deserve it. Whether that be bikini or runaway I don't believe there's anything special about creating artificial good looks.

As for the kids, say if your partner passed and you remarried and went on to have more kids with your new husband.

Wouldn't you want your older children to be loved as much as your new ones with your husband? Obviously if the kids were still young that is.

i don't understand but I respect your view. I don't understand why people want to breed anyways so I'm probably an outlier 🤷🏼‍♀️😂🤭

I’ve never seen those posts personally, but I’ll take your word for it.
The main point is, women just don’t really give a tit about mens opinions of what they do with their bodies anyway 🤷‍♀️
Isn't this the same point I made with regard to vegans/vegetarians giving biased opinions about the food non vegetarians eat.

I am glad we are in agreement.

agree with almost all of your post but wanted to quote the two i especially agree with!

surrogacy (and especially paid surrogacy) should be illegal imo. you are basically renting someone’s womb and, like you say, it’s always poorer women who are exploited. i couldn’t believe all the stories coming out of ukraine with western women rushing over to the border because their pregnant surrogate (who they arranged online or through an agency) was there. speaks absolute volumes, and that’s before you have celebrities like nick jonas and his wife using a surrogate because they’re “too busy” to actually get down and conceive themselves. so put someone who needs the money through the difficulties of pregnancy and childbirth instead? nope.
Not all surrogacy is the same though. I know a woman who was surrogate for her sister and is the biological mother but not the person the child sees as her mum. The child is now school age and knows that their aunty is very special and did something very remarkable for her mummy and daddy. The surrogate sister already had children of her own and her partner was supportive. All grandparents are as they would be genetically and they’re talking about trying for a brother or sister. It is still surrogacy but very different to the very dodgy examples you give, this was most definitely nothing to do with exploiting anybody poor. Makes blanket rules very difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not all surrogacy is the same though. I know a woman who was surrogate for her sister and is the biological mother but not the person the child sees as her mum. The child is now school age and knows that their aunty is very special and did something very remarkable for her mummy and daddy. The surrogate sister already had children of her own and her partner was supportive. All grandparents are as they would be genetically and they’re talking about trying for a brother or sister. It is still surrogacy but very different to the very dodgy examples you give, this was most definitely nothing to do with exploiting anybody poor. Makes blanket rules very difficult.
surrogacy as a practice in general makes me uncomfortable, for the reasons expressed in my post, but i agree with you that blanket rules are difficult and so the ending of my post was unfair. i should have clarified that i think it should be illegal in instances where money is changing hands, or when an outside agency is involved to “match” couples with women who are strangers to them (and often from poorer backgrounds).

Reactions: 8
Weight loss surgery is a bad idea.

Does it work? Yes, in the sense that people lose weight using it. However almost everything you read about says you need to change your lifestyle and diet afterwards to make the most of your surgery. Why haven't people changed it before then? I can see why it is used for people who are very obese and have life threatening conditions related to their weight that could benefit from it however tiktok at the moment has so many people flying to Turkey to have this surgery, mostly quite young women (one comment I saw was a girl saying she was saving for it so she could have it once she turned 18!) - it makes me question if really, everything has been tried. Surgery cant fix for example binge eating disorder.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Weight loss surgery is a bad idea.

Does it work? Yes, in the sense that people lose weight using it. However almost everything you read about says you need to change your lifestyle and diet afterwards to make the most of your surgery. Why haven't people changed it before then? I can see why it is used for people who are very obese and have life threatening conditions related to their weight that could benefit from it however tiktok at the moment has so many people flying to Turkey to have this surgery, mostly quite young women (one comment I saw was a girl saying she was saving for it so she could have it once she turned 18!) - it makes me question if really, everything has been tried. Surgery cant fix for example binge eating disorder.
I know a lady (friends mum) who has had weight loss surgery and excess skin removed. She lost about 10 stone but my god the posts on fb/insta of her before and after pics and how happy she is and how she's a new woman, and I just think if you didn't abuse your body to get it in such a state you wouldn't have even needed the surgery. Also, it's not like she eats really healthy or anything now, seen her having a kfc the other day, really winds me up!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Equal pay for sports is often ridiculous. They're in the job of entertainment so people of a different gender that have a fraction of the audience shouldn't earn the same.
For the Wimbledon women's semi there were loads of tickets. For the men's semi tomorrow tickets are like goldust. But they get the same prize money despite it being funded over 90% from the men's side. People doing the same job should get the same. But that doesn't work in the entertainment industry.

Reactions: 7
Equal pay for sports is often ridiculous. They're in the job of entertainment so people of a different gender that have a fraction of the audience shouldn't earn the same.
For the Wimbledon women's semi there were loads of tickets. For the men's semi tomorrow tickets are like goldust. But they get the same prize money despite it being funded over 90% from the men's side. People doing the same job should get the same. But that doesn't work in the entertainment industry.
Its incredibly complicated.

The social perception of womens sports needs changed. More money has went into marketing mens sports for years therefore the sports are more watched and garner more interest. Poor pay puts women off becoming professional athletes - if women were paid more, more people would enter the sport and the quality of it would rise and therefore the number of people interested in watching would rise too.

Reactions: 13

The social perception of womens sports needs changed. More money has went into marketing mens sports for years therefore the sports are more watched and garner more interest. Poor pay puts women off becoming professional athletes - if women were paid more, more people would enter the sport and the quality of it would rise and therefore the number of people interested in watching would rise too.
Would it? Women's tennis has never been as exciting as mens. Never.

I've dipped in and out of tennis over the years and the women tennis is always a bit meh.

Reactions: 4
My aunt is a GP and in her words supports her patients, with claims.

The PIP forms alone are 44 pages long.
You’re then called for an assessment on top.
My PIP assessment was 2 1/2 hours long and she had only done the first few questions. It was the height of summer, was so hot. She kept offering me a glass of water but I read a day before that another lady lost her claim because the assessor (someone different to mine) said since she could hold a cup of water she wasn’t as sick as she said she was and refused her claim. The lady was in a terrible accident and regaining the use of her upper body but this jumped up Sandra knew better. The lady challenged the claim and she won her case. In the end I had to stop the assessment because I was in agony and could barely understand what she was saying but she was very nice about it and said she could get the rest of the information from the document I filled out.
My mother had to help me back to the car as I was so drained I could barely walk.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

I might of agreed with you 40 years ago, but women's tennis has been massively overpaid compared to the revenue it generates for decades. But it's still meh with no consistency and doesn't have a following anything like the mens so what has the positive discrimination done to help.? It's unhelpful for people in normal jobs being compared to entertainment industry.

I identify as English, not British. It annoys me that English culture is erased from the dictionary when Wales, Ireland & Scotland all celebrate their heritage.
I see myself as English and I remember I got told off at college because I put my ethnicity down as English instead of British, apparently I was being ‘divisive’.
I don’t think English culture is being erased but I do see it was being either made ‘British’ or it’s mocked. I come from the West Country where we have lots of unique and quirky cultural events that happen. I was talking to a group of people from London about this and they burst out laughing, said it was lame and just made fun of it, even when I called them out on it. Now if I did the same about a cultural event from the other nations or an event from another country/religion then I would be deemed a racist or something similar. In a similar vein I said I enjoyed the stereotypical English cottage, I think they are very cozy and someone at Uni said I was being ‘oppressive’ and my privilege was showing?! Like wtf!

Reactions: 17
I see myself as English and I remember I got told off at college because I put my ethnicity down as English instead of British, apparently I was being ‘divisive’.
I don’t think English culture is being erased but I do see it was being either made ‘British’ or it’s mocked. I come from the West Country where we have lots of unique and quirky cultural events that happen. I was talking to a group of people from London about this and they burst out laughing, said it was lame and just made fun of it, even when I called them out on it. Now if I did the same about a cultural event from the other nations or an event from another country/religion then I would be deemed a racist or something similar. In a similar vein I said I enjoyed the stereotypical English cottage, I think they are very cozy and someone at Uni said I was being ‘oppressive’ and my privilege was showing?! Like wtf!
There are so many English traditions, such as cheese rolling, maypole dancing, afternoon tea, punch & Judy shows. All gets overlooked.

Reactions: 14
Oh I definitely agree with you that nobody should be placed on a pedestal due to their looks! What I just mean is that those who get paid to model should be natural and not surgically superficial or it's basically just models with money who are taking spots that could have gone to naturally gorgeous models who deserve it. Whether that be bikini or runaway I don't believe there's anything special about creating artificial good looks.

As for the kids, say if your partner passed and you remarried and went on to have more kids with your new husband.

Wouldn't you want your older children to be loved as much as your new ones with your husband? Obviously if the kids were still young that is.

i don't understand but I respect your view. I don't understand why people want to breed anyways so I'm probably an outlier 🤷🏼‍♀️😂🤭
I wouldn't expect a new partner to love my children the same as his own. I would only ask that he be kind to them and respect my parenting choices. I also would not love a step child, especially not in the same way as my own. But I would care for them and be kind to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I have John blocked. I can't remember why, but judging by the number of angry replies it must have been for a good reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.