Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weddings are a ballache to attend. .
Dont even get me started on the hen do's!!
What about "baby cake smash" photo shoots . . WTF?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
My sentiments exactly. Have always wanted a marriage not a wedding and really one of the reasons we are getting married is so I am my husbands next of kin and not his parents. We have 6 people attending and that is 2 too many frankly and a small party. I have everyone not to buy a new dress or a present. I don't want it costing people a fortune. I made sure my hen do only cost £40 as I hate the idea of people paying for things I wanted.
The whole wedding thing has got way out of hand. I think I'd actually be really nervous of putting on a huge do.

Hen and Stag do's abroad that last 3 or 4 days? Expecting people to travel abroad or far from home and incur hotel costs. Then there's presents.

Have your wedding how you want it but don't be offended if someone says they're not coming to some or all of it just because you want to have some massive shindig.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know of a couple, big lavish 30k + wedding only 6 months ago, big 5* business class honeymoon. .
Theyve split up already . .
Imagine that?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Weddings are a ballache to attend. .
Dont even get me started on the hen do's!!
What about "baby cake smash" photo shoots . . WTF?
yes to absolutely all of these.

and also a special place at the lowest level: baby showers. especially if that baby shower includes some kind of gender reveal.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
yes to absolutely all of these.

and also a special place at the lowest level: baby showers. especially if that baby shower includes some kind of gender reveal.
Toe curlingly cringe . .
All the props especially for the photos, where everyone has a photo with 1 hand on the baby bump . .
Awful.

What about school proms?

• Sick
Reactions: 17
School proms are a load of shite too.

They just started to become a thing when when daughter was leaving school. Again it all became about the best dress, limo's etc etc.

Proms, baby showers, gender reveal, Halloween .... I wouldn't mind but this is all imported tit from America.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Toe curlingly cringe . .
All the props especially for the photos, where everyone has a photo with 1 hand on the baby bump . .
Awful.

What about school proms?
ah, school proms attain a level of ott-ness, with added cheap sequins, that i can only appreciate 🤣 i used to live directly opposite a hotel that was a popular prom venue and the week where all the proms would be on was one of my favourites. i loved seeing everyone dressed like they’re going to the oscars 🤣

people who spend close to four figures on their child’s prom look though? absolutely not.

i also dislike how americanised they are and how they’re treated as a right of passage for teens. a lady in work in 2020 was borderline hysterical at the idea of her son missing his prom. i mean, you can literally have one anytime? get him and his friends in some asos suits and buy them a few wkd blues, job done.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The whole wedding thing has got way out of hand. I think I'd actually be really nervous of putting on a huge do.

Hen and Stag do's abroad that last 3 or 4 days? Expecting people to travel abroad or far from home and incur hotel costs. Then there's presents.

Have your wedding how you want it but don't be offended if someone says they're not coming to some or all of it just because you want to have some massive shindig.

Its like everything. corporations etc convincing the weak-minded that they need to have the best wedding ever the best Christmas/birthdays ever

Weddings, Christmas and birthdays are unrecognisable as the same events from my youth.

Edited to say and yes baby showers, and proms. WTAF. End of school disco and you went in whatever you wanted and no one wore a party outfit

Reactions: 20
Not sure if it's just me being a dinosaur but 10-year-old girls having spray tans and fake nails? My daughter gives me the "but so and so at school gets them!" "Good for her, shame your mum is an ancient fossil who says no!"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
It’s like everything is becoming Americanised to an extent, I never remember baby showers years ago but nowadays it’s almost expected to have them, and gender reveals. I never done either. I love a party as much as the next person but it gets a bit over the top very quickly.

Its like everything. corporations etc convincing the weak-minded that they need to have the best wedding ever the best Christmas/birthdays ever

Weddings, Christmas and birthdays are unrecognisable as the same events from my youth.

Edited to say and yes baby showers, and proms. WTAF. End of school disco and you went in whatever you wanted and no one wore a party outfit

Reactions: 11
Gender reveals are ridiculous!! Did anyone see Charlotte Crosby’s? At a club, with about a million people there, the gender revealed by a PLANE in the sky!!! And her outfit for it was ridiculous, arse hanging out!! I thought just popping a balloon was bad but come on a plane!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Not sure if it's just me being a dinosaur but 10-year-old girls having spray tans and fake nails? My daughter gives me the "but so and so at school gets them!" "Good for her, shame your mum is an ancient fossil who says no!"
Oh definitely agree with this!! Nothing makes me cringe more than young children wearing make up, fake tan and even revealing clothes that seems to be fashionable for young children - who even designs these! Its insane. I think it just instils from a young age that you need all these products and treatments to alter your appearance to look better. We should let our children embrace their own natural beauty and feel confident in their own skin!!

• Sick
Reactions: 26
I got married simply so my husband was my next of kin and not my dad. Nothing against my dad, mind, but he's not the father of my child (because that would creepy, weird and all sorts of wrong) and if anything dreadful happened to me, I'd like my husband to be the first to know. I'd also like all my assets (that would be my credit card bill and overdraft at the moment - damn furlough wiped me out) to go to him too.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hate the notion of kids been used as some prop in parents trying to better themselves. What happened to nice little kids parties, a bouncy castle if you were lucky, sandwiches, sausage rolls etc and a party bag with some cake, a balloon and some little tiny toys of hair bits. Now a party bag is at least worth £25 you need to have a present worth at least £40 and the party entertainment is a dj or make up artist and the food is some kind of shared grazing thing with cheeses, deli meat and olives. I mean I like the food but seriously!

Reactions: 27
Gender reveals are ridiculous!! Did anyone see Charlotte Crosby’s? At a club, with about a million people there, the gender revealed by a PLANE in the sky!!! And her outfit for it was ridiculous, arse hanging out!! I thought just popping a balloon was bad but come on a plane!!
gender reveals are always tacky but this sounds another level 🤣

i also hate that i never know how you’re supposed to react. i’ve been to ones where they do the cutting the cake and inside is pink or blue and then everyone goes “ooooo!” but like, why? i KNOW you’re having a baby, that’s why i’m here, why are we cheering that your baby is one of the possible options it could be? and then everyone does the awkward stereotypical comments when it’s a “princess” or a “little man” and by that point i’m just trying to find the prosecco again.

also went to one where the dad did a “funny” walkoff when it was revealed the baby was a girl and everyone laughed while i was like “well this is a lovely memory for your daughter to enjoy”.

maybe i shouldn’t go to baby showers actually 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
No your not a dinosaur, there was a young lady lived mear me - dolled up at 12 she could easy pass for 18 - so yanno scary wasent in it - just isnt right and some parents dont care

Reactions: 11
A friend is having her dream wedding this year, after it was Covid cancelled twice. Goodness knows how much it's costing but she's determined to have her day as a princess. Her words, not mine. Another friend had a big flash wedding planned, it was Covid cancelled and she went ahead and got married with 15 guests instead of 150.

I can't stand the idea of proms for schoolchildren! Or graduation ceremonies from nursery school, infant school etc. Load of tit. End of term disco with a buffet and a local DJ, now that's far better than a prom.

Reactions: 18
All kids should not get “participation” medals at sports day and other various competitions. Only the winners should get a medal.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.