Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand people buying tickets for music festival when they have zero interest in the lineup.

I just don't see the point in paying £100+ when you don't have a scooby who is playing and are only going for an overpriced piss up.

Like,it's in the name. Music festival. If you wanted to get pissed up, you could literally go to a beer garden with a DJ or what not.

I just find it a monumental waste of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Real life off topic rant here. Need to get it off my chest.

Does anyone else feel like they are always sort of chastised for being 'rigid'. I'm not someone who can go with the flow. Like not knowing what the plans are is actually quite stressful for me.

Just thinking this because I've made last minute plans to go to the festival but have found myself getting majorly stressed out, just about outfits and what time I'll need to get there for and what if my hair is a mess. I find it very difficult to 'go with the flow' so to speak, it's very stressful and overwhelming.

Am I just weird? Idk I've always been told that I don't know how to have fun and I need to loosen up because I need to know what the situation is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Whenever someone is telling you to go with the flow, ask yourself who is deciding what that 'flow' is. Guaranteed it will be the person who is moaning about you not going with the flow in the first place....

• Heart
Whenever someone is telling you to go with the flow, ask yourself who is deciding what that 'flow' is. Guaranteed it will be the person who is moaning about you not going with the flow in the first place....
tit yeah, never thought of it that way

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Would it? Women's tennis has never been as exciting as mens. Never.

I've dipped in and out of tennis over the years and the women tennis is always a bit meh.
actually my UO is i do quite like the womens matches ..least theres a bit more of rally rather than the mens games serving ball going million miles an hour and the opponent cant return it !

Reactions: 5
I don't understand people buying tickets for music festival when they have zero interest in the lineup.

I just don't see the point in paying £100+ when you don't have a scooby who is playing and are only going for an overpriced piss up.

Like,it's in the name. Music festival. If you wanted to get pissed up, you could literally go to a beer garden with a DJ or what not.

I just find it a monumental waste of money.
Just remember piss up = portaloo use required.
Stay sober. Festival portaloos are traumatising.

Reactions: 3
I learned that at T in the Park in the 90s

I only go to these type of events on VIP tickets these days
Even the VIP loos can get fusty. Pissed VIPs can vomit, get diarrhoea and miss the loo seat just like ordinary people.

I only go to these events through the medium of TV in my warm, comfortable house where there’s access to a flushing toilet and soap and hot water. 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Even the VIP loos can get fusty. Pissed VIPs can vomit, get diarrhoea and miss the loo seat just like ordinary people.
Oh for sure, but the events I’ve been to have had the proper flushing toilets cleaned throughout the day. It’s worth paying the extra for that alone!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Does anyone else feel like they are always sort of chastised for being 'rigid'. I'm not someone who can go with the flow. Like not knowing what the plans are is actually quite stressful for me.

Just thinking this because I've made last minute plans to go to the festival but have found myself getting majorly stressed out, just about outfits and what time I'll need to get there for and what if my hair is a mess. I find it very difficult to 'go with the flow' so to speak, it's very stressful and overwhelming.

Am I just weird? Idk I've always been told that I don't know how to have fun and I need to loosen up because I need to know what the situation is.
my daughter is like you ..she likes to know times etc so she can plan day out ! i dont think its weird at all 😊 , there's plenty of people who who like to be a a bit organised and find lasT minute details
I do find this sort of compulsory uniform of festival outfits a.bit strange..when did sequins become compulsory? festivals of my day was just general weather appropriate outfits like jeans or shorts / top.or dresses etc

Reactions: 7
I do find this sort of compulsory uniform of festival outfits a.bit strange..when did sequins become compulsory? festivals of my day was just general weather appropriate outfits like jeans or shorts / top.or dresses etc
I think when people needed to be 'seen' going to festivals. Social Media is all part of it too.

Reactions: 10
I don't think there's anything wrong with this, I'm the same. I can't stand there being plans but nobody is really sure what time we're to be there or what to bring or what train we're getting. I'll either take over organising or walk away 😂

UO, staying sober at a festival is like going to see a film and wearing an eye mask.
Well this is true, and to be fair, the last festival I went to, Let's Rock in Liverpool, the line-up was dire and the weather was awful, that thin drizzly rain that gets you freezing cold and soaking wet, so the ONLY way to cope was to imbibe copious amounts of alcohol. Or wimp out and go home. :D :D I went home, feeling elderly, dull and boring, but the thought of those toilets 🤮 🤮 🤮

If I could afford VIP tickets and seating, and proper toilets and access to hot water and soap, and be able to actually see the musicians and not squint at a screen, I'd definitely go to festivals again. Christ almighty, when did I turn into my mum? :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I'm the same. People take the piss because I'm so organised. I don't do 'spontaneous'.

It's not rigid to at least have a brief idea what's going on, especially if it involves travelling etc.

(The people who take the piss are also the first to come to me when they want/need to know something too ;) )

Reactions: 10
I'm the same. People take the piss because I'm so organised. I don't do 'spontaneous'.

It's not rigid to at least have a brief idea what's going on, especially if it involves travelling etc.

(The people who take the piss are also the first to come to me when they want/need to know something too ;) )
I have no problem with doing spontaneous things, but I hate when we're actually pre-planning something but nobody has actually planned tit. Like deciding a week in advance we'll all go to the pub, but 4pm on Friday nobody has picked a pub and they're like "let's just go out and wing it" :sleep: NO!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.