Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm dreading the jubilee and when the Queen dies, I think this country is going to be unbearable.

And before you say it, I'm working the bank holidays so I don't even get to enjoy that 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Contrary to popular opinion, it’s possible to criticise the state of Israel without being anti Semitic

Reactions: 17
I'm dreading the jubilee and when the Queen dies, I think this country is going to be unbearable.

And before you say it, I'm working the bank holidays so I don't even get to enjoy that 😂
Considering they're still going on about England winning the world cup ( did anyone know that :rolleyes:) I have to agree .

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who have an inferiority complexe about another country because they can't move on from stuff that's happened in the past. They take every opportunity to run it down. Sour goady types.
Stop being so obssessed.

Reactions: 7
In the Middle East, Better Than Sex is marketed as Better Than Love which makes me think of the song by Hurts
I hadn’t thought of that - so many names are ridiculously sexual so they must all rename them. Urban Decay did an eyeshadow called Snatch and Too Face had a face mask called Glow Job.
I know Charlotte Tilbury renamed most of her makeup that was named after someone - Hepburn Honey, Amazing Grace, Bette, Norma Jean. But she gave them boring names in return. She also had a lipstick called ‘Walk of Shame’ which has now become ‘Walk of No Shame’ #feminist

Clearly people’s characters aren’t binary, except to some degree they are. Rapists, murderers and paedophiles aren’t decent.

Chamberlain failed to appease Hitler and Churchill wielded his influence to alert the world to the threat represented by Nazi’s. He literally fought for our democracy today. What legacy are you going to leave?
And part of his legacy is the Bengal famine, views on race, advocating position gas. The fact he fought for democracy in his home country doesn’t negate the harm he caused further afield.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
There are only two sexes, you are either a he or a she
UO: society needs to normalise work life balance and stop referring to people who also value their personal life as skivers or slackers.

I keep hearing things like X leaves at 4pm to pick up their kids or Y works from home on a Monday because they go out on a Sunday. Being physically present in the office is not the only indicator of productivity, no more than being tethered to your desk from 8am-6pm means you are a Rockstar performer.

Have we learned nothing from the pandemic? It's an outmoded notion to think that you're letting your colleagues down and not fulfilling your duties if you're not hanging around the office for 8 plus hours a day.
People either have a pee pee or a nu-nu 😆

I'm in my early 30s and already sick of hearing advice aimed at people my age / a few years older about "midlife", how I should expect to become "invisible" and so on and find it impossible to make new friends or meet new sexual partners after 35 or 40. It's enough to make anyone scream
It’s mostly true though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
People who have an inferiority complexe about another country because they can't move on from stuff that's happened in the past. They take every opportunity to run it down. Sour goady types.
Stop being so obssessed.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

the idea that people should feel any kind of responsibility for something their country did centuries ago is ridiculous.

it’s like when, as a brit, you’re in the us and they bring up the boston tea party like it’s an epic zinger. mate, i wasn’t there! neither were you! move on!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The madness shown when Diana died was way over the top. And it started a Chain reaction of other over the top outpourings of grief for other ‘celebrities’
Grief tourism

Reactions: 26
The madness shown when Diana died was way over the top. And it started a Chain reaction of other over the top outpourings of grief for other ‘celebrities’
Grief tourism
I couldn't believe it.
Thousands of wet Jessie's in tears, queuing up to sign a condolence book. Why??
Best forgotten about 😀

Reactions: 12
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

the idea that people should feel any kind of responsibility for something their country did centuries ago is ridiculous.

it’s like when, as a brit, you’re in the us and they bring up the boston tea party like it’s an epic zinger. mate, i wasn’t there! neither were you! move on!
Same for ethnicity too. I’m white but I’m not apologising for slavery. My ancestors were all back in Ireland when the British were enslaving people we had nothing to do with it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Same for ethnicity too. I’m white but I’m not apologising for slavery. My ancestors were all back in Ireland when the British were enslaving people we had nothing to do with it!
I couldn't give a toss about slavery in the 1700s or 1800s etc. It's 2022! Who the hell cares how their ancestors were living 250 years ago?
And in using it to moan/attack/ get reparations today over it.
People need to take action over modern slavery ( which still exists)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I couldn't give a toss about slavery in the 1700s or 1800s etc. It's 2022! Who the hell cares how their ancestors were living 250 years ago?
Agree. And they only care about the transatlantic slave trade. Nobody’s boycotting the pyramids because they were made with Greek slave labour. And plenty happy to go holiday in the Emirates, a society built on slaves

Reactions: 23
Yes why would apologise for something that happened over 300 years ago. Ridiculous

Reactions: 13
This was the most embarrassing day in Britain.

View attachment 1266431
What's this?

Agree. And they only care about the transatlantic slave trade. Nobody’s boycotting the pyramids because they were made with Greek slave labour. And plenty happy to go holiday in the Emirates, a society built on slaves
Exactly, people so quick to jump in the trend of slavery and then swan of to Dubai built on the backs of modern slaves. All you have to do there is open your eyes and see the African and Asian servants kept against their wills.
I watched a documentary on African women forced into slavery there and it's horrifying

Reactions: 11
Unpopular opinion
I find an adults obsession with Disney completely creepy and bizare.
This reminds me of when I brought my son to Disney a few years ago. A grown woman was queuing with her autograph book to meet characters (bizarre in itself 😂) out comes Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse and she starts jumping up and down and practically trampled on small kids to get to them. She lunges at them for a hug, while her hapless partner takes pictures on his phone. It was pathetic and hilarious in equal measure. It pops into my head every now and then and makes me laugh 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Stop being so obssessed.
I'm sure Diego Maradona would've agreed with you ✋😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.