Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JE172

VIP Member
I'll start us off then, My UO is that people shouldn't be able to make a "career" out of being on benefits their entire life like they do where i live, loads of kids, never had a job in their life, get everything paid for them and know how to work the system to the max. They are doing it because the system allows it but it shouldn't work that people can be better off claiming benefits than going to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

whippersnapper

Chatty Member
When I was checking into the gym today I overheard a young man complaining to the staff that a woman was using the treadmill TO WALK. (How dare she!) And how she was on the treadmill for "a long time" and he wanted to run for 20 minutes. "Why can't she walk outside?" was his grievance. As I walked into the studio, for a yoga session, I glanced into the "gym area" and thought I spotted the woman in question.

When my yoga session ended I went into the shower area to change and spotted the woman standing there with a towel wrapped around her. As she dressed, next to me, I spotted a fairly recent scar running down her chest from an obvious heart procedure.

Just because you cannot see someone else's scars doesn't mean they don't have any. Try to be less of a fucking cunt.

UO - People who use gyms as a social club - and are too arrogant to understand some people go there to actually to increase their quality of life - are absolute pricks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
I know it’s probably not an UO but I hate how polarised we’ve become. Voted brexit? Thicko knuckle dragging racist. Remain? Lefty, guardian reading quinoa eater. Tory-want folk to die of starvation. Labour-oh you want a country full of migrants and folk who dont know what a woman is. It’s in everything and I’m getting so pissed off with it. Im nearly 50 and it’s never been this bad. Ever.
Same as in the USA. It’s now even in crap like Depp/Heard. You must pick a side. Why are we seeing wall to wall of that trial but nothing of Ghislaine maxwell? The actual important things are being hidden and Trivia and in fighting wins. Pitting us against each other

• Heart
Reactions: 47
If there is a single occupancy poo, and there is more than one , the accessible one is always in the ladies. That one always has a queue. I just use the mens one in cases like this. Just label them as toilets instead of by gender.
You need to think about other women's needs a little harder than just your own. Right now you clearly are not affected by mixed sex facilities but that doesn't mean that will be the case forever. There are women who bleed through their underwear and need to wash it in the sink, there are women who cannot share bathrooms because of religion, there are women who have suffered horrendous trauma and abuse at the hands of men and single sex spaces are their only sanctuary away from men while outside of their homes, there are girls who are being sexually abused and girl only bathrooms are the only place they have where they can breathe, there are women who just need 5 mins away from men. It doesn't matter the reason.

Women were given single sex spaces because men, abuse, assault, rape and kill us. We have to partially undress to use the bathroom and we require and deserve, both dignity and security because of that. These are all facts. You may not currently mind males in your spaces but that may not last forever. It is not for you to give away another woman's right to single sex spaces.

Men are men, women are women and no identity should ever trump those facts. Any woman calling to allow males in women's spaces is selfish and betraying her fellow women. Women are the priority in women's rights, not men. You cannot change your sex.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Cis is an offensive term.

The correct word for an adult female is Woman. If people are so keen on the using the correct terms for gender then they need to get this right.
I am a woman.

And trans women - men with a penis and testicles - are men. Get out of here with calling yourself a woman, I've had enough of this shit 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 45

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'll start us off then, My UO is that people shouldn't be able to make a "career" out of being on benefits their entire life like they do where i live, loads of kids, never had a job in their life, get everything paid for them and know how to work the system to the max. They are doing it because the system allows it but it shouldn't work that people can be better off claiming benefits than going to work.
I never understand how people get away with it. You literally have some people crawling into a benefit office because they are so disabled or ill and being refused whilst others get benefits because their mother died 10 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

thetis

Horny names for makeup products (orgasm, climax, deep throat, better than sex) is not sexy, it's cringe and try hard.

Reactions: 44

Iceache

My UO is that not everyone should get a vote simply because they exist. Why should my vote count for the same as someone who uses the word ‘mebbe’ and whose lack of basic sentence punctuation means I nearly pass out reading their rants because there’s nowhere to take a breath

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

custosmorum

Chatty Member
UO
I think it's fine if the wedding invitation says "no children". In fact, I wouldn't even drag anyone younger than 10 with me to a wedding anyway. Kids get bored at weddings and adults all have to pretend it's "cute" when they're having a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

jaymie

VIP Member
Gender neutral toilet can go fuck off, people who agreed with the idea are males because they never fucking have to sit on the loo.

The park near me has a gender neutral toilet. People can identify whatever they want but please leave the toilet alone. I never felt so violated sharing the same toilet with men. I can literally hear the dudes chatting in the cubicle, constantly fearing that the lock is malfunctioning

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Tui

VIP Member
People who moved to the U.K. need to learn English. I see clients regularly who have lived here decades and don’t speak English. Same for British people who go abroad and don’t make any effort to learn the local language

Reactions: 38

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
My unpopular opinion is that anxiety is made to be a much bigger deal than it is. Especially when you have youtubers saying "I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately so I won't be posting anything". It's this perfectly and conveniently vague mental state/illness that you can claim to have and that no one can call you out on.
People have lost all concept of natural emotions. You can be anxious without having anxiety. You can feel low without having depression

• Heart
Reactions: 38

LaBlonde

VIP Member
oh look the new Doctor Who is gay and black... Doctor Woke..

Ridiculous... it's just box ticking now because it's not on diverse casting due to acting ability.. he's played a kid on a crap Netflix series for teenagers
ah come on now, he got nominated for three baftas and a critics choice for that “crap netflix series”. it’s not like he’s an awful actor 🤣

this “wokeness” thing is starting to tilt the other way, in that every time a non-white non-straight actor is cast in anything everyone yells “woke!!” rather than considering that (like everyone wants) they may legitimately have just have been the best candidate for the role.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Crabbypatty00

UO; The phrase "bullying" is massively overused.

Why are a generation of kids being bought up to think that everyone should be kind, nice, patient and understanding of their particular quirks, needs and preferences? It's just not realistic. Everyone is human, imperfect, impatient, occasionally says or does the wrong thing. It's humanity. I can't understand why kids are being taught that it's wrong or unacceptable to disagree, get annoyed or feel hurt by others words or actions.

I. Do. Not. Get. It. It's just life. Some people are arseholes, some people are lovely and some are both depending on what day it is. No wonder kids can't cope with the harsh realities of life when they happen. Better they understand from an early age and develop some coping skills and a sense of humour.

Reactions: 35

ATV2021

VIP Member
Whenever people talk about how disappointing it is to visit Paris, and what a shithole it is, I always think of this:

View attachment 1276841
I had this for Venice. It was so boring and I'd booked 5 days. I'd lost the will by day 2 and seen literally everything and walked round again. Every shop sells fake masks and glass shit. Every restaurant sells the exact same food whether its cheap(er) or not. No shops sell normal things like a chocolate bar 🤣. Honestly I was gutted it was so naff lol also rude AF people

Also seeing phrases such as "pregnant people" or "people who menstruate"

WOMEN. IT'S WOMEN. Literally only women can be pregnant and have periods. Regardless of what you refer as.....biological women are the only gender who can do these things. *and breathe*. Yes I'm proud to be a woman/female also. Just a bog standard woman. Who wears pink and sparkly crap 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I hate the white knighting of the NHS. They are prone to the same human errors as any other role and they should rightly be held to a higher standard.

You're not an angel just because you're a nurse or doctor, and if they fuck up, people should take a complaint as far as they can.