Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a mad world out there! ..should our parents have the right to demand a grandchild 👀
this is insane.

the fact that the parents refer to the hypothetical grandchild as a plaything to keep them occupied during retirement is equally worrying.

too many children already exist because people feel like they “should” have them or because they think they’re “supposed to” without nonsense like this.

Reactions: 19
this is insane.

the fact that the parents refer to the hypothetical grandchild as a plaything to keep them occupied during retirement is equally worrying.

too many children already exist because people feel like they “should” have them or because they think they’re “supposed to” without nonsense like this.
There are many people hope to become grandparents one day but I don't think they'd make it a condition of "payback" ,seems completely absurd.

Reactions: 8
Your friend is either thick or doesn't know that Dr Who is based on fantasy, therefore it doesn't have to give an accurate portrayal of any century that it goes to.
Indeed!
Wasn’t John barrowman (or was it James marsters, or both?!) am openly bisexual ww2 fighter pilot? Unlikely lol

Reactions: 2
There are many people hope to become grandparents one day but I don't think they'd make it a condition of "payback" ,seems completely absurd.
exactly!!! and what happens to this poor child if/when they exist - only born so their parents could avoid paying a huge amount of money to their grandparents? imagine learning that in later life?

i’m sure many people would love to be grandparents (my own parents included 🤣) but your children are not obligated to produce them for you, and retirement isn’t incomplete without them.

Reactions: 9
Your friend is either thick or doesn't know that Dr Who is based on fantasy, therefore it doesn't have to give an accurate portrayal of any century that it goes to.
I do not care either way never watch Dr who was just saying what he said. I do not care who they cast as long as it is not based on real people.

People who don’t understand how to use the word were and use was instead.
‘We was going to Poundland’.
Thick as tit.
What about people from Yorkshire (and maybe other places? I’m not sure) who use ‘were’ instead of ‘was’? For some reason that doesn’t bother me, but like you I also get bothered by ‘was’ in place of ‘were’ 😂

Reactions: 3
Revisiting this because I have an itch I need to scratch…..
Unpopular opinion about the unpopular opinion thread.

everytime I see a comment saying “unpopular opinion” or “OP” I want to scream

IT’S LITERALLY THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!
20 THREADS, OVER 19 THOUSAND POSTS AND ITS STILL THE TITLE!

However,
I might just need to calm the duck down.
I’m so sorry I’m guilty of this :ROFLMAO: Especially if there’s a full blown discussion over breastfeeding or gender neutral toilets and I fancy chirping in with “cream should always go before jam on scones”.

Also, I feel like screaming when someone just posts something like “sushi”. Instead of “sushi is horrible”.
I think I need to calm down too:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What about people from Yorkshire (and maybe other places? I’m not sure) who use ‘were’ instead of ‘was’? For some reason that doesn’t bother me, but like you I also get bothered by ‘was’ in place of ‘were’ 😂
Yorkshire is the best county in England.

I love how we can drop the C bomb mid conversation. Southerners bleep do that.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s one I don’t possess ,it wouldn’t occur to me to point it at a particular race of people it could apply to anyone.
I’m not the one who said it, just pointing Out the definition of the word stereotype.

Reactions: 3
I'm in my early 30s and already sick of hearing advice aimed at people my age / a few years older about "midlife", how I should expect to become "invisible" and so on and find it impossible to make new friends or meet new sexual partners after 35 or 40. It's enough to make anyone scream

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Cis isnt necessary and I hate it. Im not a cis woman Im just a woman.
I can’t understand any of this fuckery 😐 I need a word document and power point presentation to keep up with what’s in “trend” right now.
I’m waiting for someone to pipe up and say their dog is gender neutral.

cis is short for sister…. 😐

Reactions: 17
I'm in my early 30s and already sick of hearing advice aimed at people my age / a few years older about "midlife", how I should expect to become "invisible" and so on and find it impossible to make new friends or meet new sexual partners after 35 or 40. It's enough to make anyone scream
as someone who has passed those ages and then some,, they aren;t far wrong tbh though

• Heart
Reactions: 4
the way everyone’s attitudes change when you’re a woman turning 35 was crazy to me, even worse if you’re a single childfree woman. like you say, sick of people telling me this is the beginning of the end of my attractive sociable years 🤣

if it’s any consolation, at 36, my 30s have been the happiest years of my life and i fully expect my forties to be the same.

irritating that men get to continue being handsome bachelors about town while we apparently transform into pillars of dust though.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.