Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re their and there are not they hard to distinguish between. Sorry not sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 27
2000 calroes a day for a woman is insain. Especially seeing as most people drive everywhere, sit at a desk all day then go home and sit at a computer.

Three meals and snacks is also far too much. Twice a day is ample for an adult.

They have told us we need to eat that much to sell us tit. Imagine what would happen to the food industry if everyone stopped eating snacks.
People need to move more, that's it. Sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of all cause mortality by a lot. Then 2000kcal a day for a woman is not that crazy.

The issue of obesity is complex and there are a lot of factors involved, but availability of highly palatable food is a huge,huge factor

Reactions: 9
Revisiting this because I have an itch I need to scratch…..
Unpopular opinion about the unpopular opinion thread.

everytime I see a comment saying “unpopular opinion” or “OP” I want to scream

IT’S LITERALLY THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!
20 THREADS, OVER 19 THOUSAND POSTS AND ITS STILL THE TITLE!

However,
I might just need to calm the duck down.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Probably not unpopular but the whole chosen pronouns thing has gone too far. There are six pronouns to refer to people:

He/his for people who identify as male.

She/her for people who identify as female.

They/them could be used to refer to anyone but are often used by people who identify as non binary.

That’s it! Neo pronouns are not real. I’ve seen someone on TikTok who’s pronouns are: it/odd. Wtf is that supposed to mean? If you don’t feel you fully identify as male or female just use they/them. I feel like this is one of the reasons non binary people can struggle to get people to take them seriously because idiots like this make up crap for attention. I also hate it when cis, straight, white, often middle class, men decide their pronouns are now he/they just because they’re a little in touch with their feminine side. Stop looking for struggles and accept your privilege!

Finally, if you get offended when someone asks your pronouns or uses a gender neutral term to refer to you grow tf up. Everyone uses pronouns (but feel free to punch them if they try to tell you neo pronouns are real)!

Reactions: 16
2000 calroes a day for a woman is insain. Especially seeing as most people drive everywhere, sit at a desk all day then go home and sit at a computer.

Three meals and snacks is also far too much. Twice a day is ample for an adult.

They have told us we need to eat that much to sell us tit. Imagine what would happen to the food industry if everyone stopped eating snacks.
I think you’re not factoring in the amount of calories it requires in order to simply keep a person alive even at a state of complete rest (BMR). When you take this into account a diet that totals 2000 calories a day is most certainly not an insane amount

Reactions: 6
Artificial grass in gardens is horrible! 4g sports pitches are fine but in your back garden it’s a no from me!
It makes me irrationally angry 🤣 also if you have a pet that goes to the toilet on it that’s gross!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
UO; The phrase "bullying" is massively overused.

Why are a generation of kids being bought up to think that everyone should be kind, nice, patient and understanding of their particular quirks, needs and preferences? It's just not realistic. Everyone is human, imperfect, impatient, occasionally says or does the wrong thing. It's humanity. I can't understand why kids are being taught that it's wrong or unacceptable to disagree, get annoyed or feel hurt by others words or actions.

I. Do. Not. Get. It. It's just life. Some people are arseholes, some people are lovely and some are both depending on what day it is. No wonder kids can't cope with the harsh realities of life when they happen. Better they understand from an early age and develop some coping skills and a sense of humour.

Reactions: 35
Sorry I disagree with this, my UO is simply people are fat because they eat more calories than they burn 🤷🏼‍♀️

I was watching an Instagram reel earlier today of a vegetable pasta inspiration dish which takes 15 minutes and the comments underneath were unbelievable “what about people with mobility issues who can’t cut vegetables” “what about parents who don’t have time to boil pasta” “this is clearly more like a 25 minute dish” people will use any excuse in the book rather than take responsibility for their own diet
Yes but why do people eat more calories than they burn, because they eat the wrong sorts of food and because they are constantly filling their bellies so can't cope with having an empty tummy.

That's down to education (parental and societal) and advertising. Junk food is addictive, processed food is addictive and people have been convinced that eating take outs and processes crap is the norm. Well it is the norm now, which is why everyone is fat.

Oh and the lie about being able to run off a bad diet. I've been telling people thats bollox for years, it was either McDonald or cola or both that funded that study. Same with low fat food and sugar.

I see your point, but any dog without 100% recall.. even those that fancy the opposite sex and can't be recalled should also be kept on a lead.
The dog they're approaching might not necessarily be aggressive, it might be recovering from an operation or be slightly lame and not be able to deal with even a 'friendly' dog coming up to them. If they're recovering then they will react differently to protect themselves.

An on lead dog might not be aggressive until someone else's unaggresive off lead dog came into its space.. now they're both potentially aggressive.

I always think.. I'm reasonably friendly (day dependant) , but would I want a stranger coming up to me in my personal space without me consenting? No, and that counts for animals. The difference being is that I will yell at you to duck off, but a dog only has its teeth.

A normally unaggresive dog has now had to bite, or look aggressive to get someones nice dog away, just because the nice dog didn't have the manners to stay away.. or more to the point the owner hasn't realised that as nice as their dog is, not all dogs like nice dogs
You've obviously never had an intact male. There is no keeping them away from an in heat female. They can have the best training in the world but their brain is replaced with their balls.

If you have a reactive female them don't take her out in heat or get her done.

Normal dogs don't bite to tell others to go away, they communicate. If your dogs first reaction is to bite or fight then there is somthing wrong with it and it's a danger to other dogs. People that fight or hurt others are locked away, why's it a different rule for dogs.

If a kid said hello to someone and they punched them in response they would be locked up as a danger and unstable. But that's acceptable behaviour from a dog and apparently the puppy's fault? People make too many excuses for dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Rather than unpopular opinions how about opinions on:
When is it too late for a neighbour to hoover?
Where I live there’s actually laws regarding this. The legal hours for vacuum cleaning (and several other ‘noisy’ activities such as washing machine, motorcycle, etc):

Mon-Fri - 6am til 10pm
Saturdays - 7am til 10pm
Sundays - forbidden all day
Holidays - I’m not sure.

My opinion is that if my floor is dirty on a Sunday afternoon I will damn well vacuum it, and luckily my next door neighbor isn’t a snitch and won’t report me for violating him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Same! I don’t get why people have an issue with Ncuti being Dr Who. A) Dr Who is tit anyway B) he’s a great actor with great comic timing and can play just the right amount of serious vs kooky. I think hes a great choice.
Someone I know who is a Dr Who fan said Dr who goes back in time and a black man could not move around in certain places. not sure what he means.

Where I live there’s actually laws regarding this. The legal hours for vacuum cleaning (and several other ‘noisy’ activities such as washing machine, motorcycle, etc):

Mon-Fri - 6am til 10pm
Saturdays - 7am til 10pm
Sundays - forbidden all day
Holidays - I’m not sure.

My opinion is that if my floor is dirty on a Sunday afternoon I will damn well vacuum it, and luckily my next door neighbor isn’t a snitch and won’t report me for violating him.
Sunday - seriously? Isn't that when most people (because of work) do housework, etc?

Reactions: 6
Sunday - seriously? Isn't that when most people (because of work) do housework, etc?
One would think so, right?! And add to that, the shops are not allowed to be open (even grocery stores) so there is even less to do on a Sunday! So yeah, Willkommen in Deutschland.

It’s definitely a cultural norm I struggle to adapt to 😆

People who don’t understand how to use the word were and use was instead.
‘We was going to Poundland’.
Thick as tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Someone I know who is a Dr Who fan said Dr who goes back in time and a black man could not move around in certain places. not sure what he means.
Surely you could say the same for Jodie Whittaker going around unchaperoned pre 1900

Reactions: 8
sounds like someone just making excuses for why they don’t like his casting tbh 🤷🏼‍♀️

again, the doctor is an actual alien being. it doesn’t go back in time as much as it moves between space and dimensions. it’s not a show anyone should be watching for historical accuracy.

Reactions: 9
Your friend is either thick or doesn't know that Dr Who is based on fantasy, therefore it doesn't have to give an accurate portrayal of any century that it goes to.

Reactions: 12
I was watching an Instagram reel earlier today of a vegetable pasta inspiration dish which takes 15 minutes and the comments underneath were unbelievable “what about people with mobility issues who can’t cut vegetables” “what about parents who don’t have time to boil pasta” “this is clearly more like a 25 minute dish” people will use any excuse in the book rather than take responsibility for their own diet
This also seems to be a bizarre side effect of the social justice movement that’s captured some young people. You seemingly can’t do anything without people jumping in to speak on behalf of marginalised people. I mean, if someone has a disability that precludes them from chopping vegetables, they have bigger fish to fry than complaining about a vegetable dish on Instagram 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.