Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Covid isnt even the same virus as flu so how can it be flu?
sorry you’re right…..

it’s a mix between a really bad cold and the flu.
Millions suffered while it was given priority over everything else.

unpopular opinion thread.
We’re not always gonna agree.

Reactions: 15
looking at your replies on this thread regarding health care I don’t think it’s the thread for you 😂
Some opinions might not be to your liking,

covid is flu.
covid was always flu.
The world went into panic mode and we’re now paying the price of that.

Let’s chuck in an opinion,
honestly I’m sick to death of the fear people keep trying to put on this illness,
and the stupid vaccine. The almost monthly booster vaccines. No duck off now 😂
I understand the thread thanks. Difference of opinion is allowed. Don’t tell me to duck off.

Reactions: 16
If you’re going to have children at weddings you need to also consider providing some sort of entertainment for them too, they are also guests after all. Otherwise of course they will be bored. My friends wedding had a bouncy castle and big field for the kids to run around in which worked great. Even just providing some colouring or board games or something on a table in a corner of the reception room would be something.

People should take their kids out of the room when their children start fussing during the ceremony though.

Reactions: 14
UO there is way to much Fake tan fake nails fake eyelashes and dont get me started on the shaving off of eyebrows only to pencil em back in - some girls/ladies/women look so plastic with their trowled on makeup and fake everything else - whats happened to natural beauty - I have seen most look better without all that tat

Reactions: 24
UO it does matter what you name a baby and baby champagne supernova is going to get judged at nursery and school

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If you’re going to have children at weddings you need to also consider providing some sort of entertainment for them too, they are also guests after all. Otherwise of course they will be bored. My friends wedding had a bouncy castle and big field for the kids to run around in which worked great. Even just providing some colouring or board games or something on a table in a corner of the reception room would be something.

People should take their kids out of the room when their children start fussing during the ceremony though.
i honestly would say this for parents taking children anywhere that they’re expected to sit still and quiet for a sustained length of time. i can’t say how many times i’ve seen kids running around restaurants, airports, even bars, because the adults they’re with haven’t brought any kind of activity to keep them busy.

which leads me to another maybe uo: don’t encourage your children to approach other adults in restaurants, even if they look friendly, and then say things like “oh are you making friends! he loves making friends!” when said adult looks at you for assistance. yes, i am speaking from personal experience 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
I understand the thread thanks. Difference of opinion is allowed. Don’t tell me to duck off.
Oh gosh sorry, when did I tell you to duck off? Must have been a typo!

What I meant to say was you don’t need to white knight for the NHS, you don’t agree with what’s been posted on the unpopular opinions thread,
Many do many don’t.

why Apple apparently changed that to “duck off” I’m really not sure 😐 no do I actually see it in my comments….

anywayyyyy let’s move on!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
UO it does matter what you name a baby and baby champagne supernova is going to get judged at nursery and school
My friends grandkids go to school with someone called Dart 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh gosh sorry, when did I tell you to duck off? Must have been a typo!

What I meant to say was you don’t need to white knight for the NHS, you don’t agree with what’s been posted on the unpopular opinions thread,
Many do many don’t.

why Apple apparently changed that to “duck off” I’m really not sure 😐 no do I actually see it in my comments….

anywayyyyy let’s move on!
Last line where I’ve quoted you in my post, you type “no duck off now”
Maybe ive misunderstood but reads like you are telling me to duck off now 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ll leave it as pointless and derailing

Bizarre lol
I honestly think some names are tantamount to child abuse
And some are just boring like the trend to name kids cutesy names ending in ‘ie’
Rosie
Posie
Maisie
Charlie
Alfie
Archie

blarghhh

Reactions: 6
Last line where I’ve quoted you in my post, you type “no duck off now”
Maybe ive misunderstood but reads like you are telling me to duck off now 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ll leave it as pointless and derailing

Bizarre lol
I honestly think some names are tantamount to child abuse
And some are just boring like the trend to name kids cutesy names ending in ‘ie’
Rosie
Posie
Maisie
Charlie
Alfie
Archie

blarghhh
oh god no!!
I’m sorry that was a general “duck off” about endless boosters and covid drama not you!!
💜
it’s a separate post that merges together when done in a certain timeframe x

also, if you stick “mae” on a kids name just sign them up for benefits already.

Reactions: 7
oh god no!!
I’m sorry that was a general “duck off” about endless boosters and covid drama not you!!
💜
it’s a separate post that merges together when done in a certain timeframe x

also, if you stick “mae” on a kids name just sign them up for benefits already.
That’s good. All friends 🤓😁
Or Rae, which is the new Mae
Daisy Rae
Rosie Rae
Maisie Rae
Gawd

• Haha
That’s good. All friends 🤓😁
Or Rae, which is the new Mae
Daisy Rae
Rosie Rae
Maisie Rae
Gawd
You could just hear it being screamed out of the chipper…..

“Daisy Rae do ya want the spice box or wha’”

• Haha
I'm not sure it's a massively unpopular opinion, but the word "woke" is overused these days and means many different things depending on who's saying it.

To me, it means ridiculous actions that are largely taken to virtue signal, whereas some people use it to describe things like a black actor being hired to play Doctor Who. How do they know he wasn't the best actor that auditioned? Why is it assumed that if Doctor Who isn't a white man then it's automatically "woke"?

Reactions: 10
I don’t even think this will be unpopular but I hate the faff of trying to see your gp nowadays. You can’t just book an appointment to see someone, you have to have to call up first thing, wait ages in a queue, get a telephone consultation before they will even consider letting you in the building, but they don’t give you a specific time for when this may be apart from “it’ll be before lunch time” I start work half way through the morning and my job doesn’t allow me to keep my phone on me during shift. It’s a physical job where I literally can’t stop mid task to take a phone call. So what am I meant to do if the doctor doesn’t call in time? I explained this to the receptionist but they didn’t really say anything or offer any reassurance. Great.

It’s such a tit system. My child needs medicine and I’m being made to jump through hoops for it. Honestly no wonder people head straight for a&e for minor things. The gp surgeries really aren’t helping with the way they insist on operating since Covid. Basically closing ranks and picking and choosing who is worthy of a face to face appointment. Really fucked me off it has. It shouldn’t be this hard to access basic healthcare. And no it’s not bleeping Covid, why do they assume everything is Covid?😡
Don't even get me started on this. The doctor wouldn't see my dad (who has COPD) face to face to check his breathing (111 said to go the the GP!!), and they wouldn't even give him an emergency pack of antibiotics to help him try to get shot of the infection he had.

He ended up being blue lighted into hospital for a week-long stay because his o2 saturation dropped to 80%...

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
I don’t even think this will be unpopular but I hate the faff of trying to see your gp nowadays. You can’t just book an appointment to see someone, you have to have to call up first thing, wait ages in a queue, get a telephone consultation before they will even consider letting you in the building, but they don’t give you a specific time for when this may be apart from “it’ll be before lunch time” I start work half way through the morning and my job doesn’t allow me to keep my phone on me during shift. It’s a physical job where I literally can’t stop mid task to take a phone call. So what am I meant to do if the doctor doesn’t call in time? I explained this to the receptionist but they didn’t really say anything or offer any reassurance. Great.

It’s such a tit system. My child needs medicine and I’m being made to jump through hoops for it. Honestly no wonder people head straight for a&e for minor things. The gp surgeries really aren’t helping with the way they insist on operating since Covid. Basically closing ranks and picking and choosing who is worthy of a face to face appointment. Really fucked me off it has. It shouldn’t be this hard to access basic healthcare. And no it’s not bleeping Covid, why do they assume everything is Covid?😡
A lot of doctors surgeries are so overloaded. A friend of mine who lives in a different town can never seem to get an appointment as it is and a large new housing estate has just started to be built nearby.

Apparently there are no plans to expand the current doctors surgery, so all these people who'll be moving in will join the same doctors surgery that is already overloaded.

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure it's a massively unpopular opinion, but the word "woke" is overused these days and means many different things depending on who's saying it.

To me, it means ridiculous actions that are largely taken to virtue signal, whereas some people use it to describe things like a black actor being hired to play Doctor Who. How do they know he wasn't the best actor that auditioned? Why is it assumed that if Doctor Who isn't a white man then it's automatically "woke"?
Same! I don’t get why people have an issue with Ncuti being Dr Who. A) Dr Who is tit anyway B) he’s a great actor with great comic timing and can play just the right amount of serious vs kooky. I think hes a great choice.

Reactions: 5

you’re right and you should say it 👏🏻👏🏻

“woke”, especially when talking about casting, just becomes a huge catch-22. the “anti-woke” just want the best person for the role with no box ticking or whatever, but seemingly cannot comprehend that the best person may be a white straight actor.

the stuff with doctor who equally blows my mind because the doctor is an actual alien who is able to change form when it dies. a cat could play it and it would still make “sense”.

Reactions: 9
UO - The nhs has become so overburdened because the population in general do nothing to sort their own health problems out. 60% of the UK is overweight or obese... if people simply didn't eat so much tit, the amount of people needing treatment for heart related problems, diabetes, and knee/hip surgeries would probably drop by 90%. Also people who drink/drug take til they pass out or fall over and expect a&e to sort them out, then do exactly the same the next weekend. I used to be very anti-private health care and pro nhs, but now I think it could be a good thing, at least it would force people to take responsibility for themselves. It should still stay free for kids and over 65's though.

• Heart
When my son was in primary there was a kid called whistle. I thought he had misheard until I went to a sports day and it was intact this poor lads name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.