Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Supermarkets at home: tit, only go when necessary.
Supermarkets on holiday: pure joy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
You cannot keep me out of a Trader Joes.. the first time i flew to NYC to see my partner.. it was the thing I was most excited about..

the big Tesco in Slough used to have a Holland & Barrett in there which I thought was odd at the time several years ago
The one at Newcastle has a Holland and Barret too. It also has a Starbucks, Timpson cobblers, Subway, Card Factory, a charity shop and a hairdressers as well as a restaurant . It's got more than some shopping centres.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
The one at Newcastle has a Holland and Barret too. It also has a Starbucks, Timpson cobblers, Subway, Card Factory, a charity shop and a hairdressers as well as a restaurant . It's got more than some shopping centres.
jeez how big is that place? :O

Reactions: 1
Why would you decide for your child whether they should have piercings or not? Doing them as babies or infants is messed up imo, give it a few years and when they grow up, the kids will tell you if they want one. I don't see parents rushing to get their baby's nose or lips pierced, personally I don't see why ears are any different.

I wonder if visitors to the UK feel the same the other way round....?
They do!

Reactions: 10
I just think in general earrings are kind of weird. I have my ears pierced and used to wear ridiculous earrings as a teenager but really it's just a piece of plastic or metal hanging down from your earlobes. I dunno, looks weird, especially when it's big heavy earrings, pulling the earlobes down 😬

Reactions: 5
👏👏What is more beautiful than your own beautiful child in natural form that you have to add bits of shiny Jewellery to decorate them? 😬
I saw a video on tiktok of a 3/4 year old asking her mum why she has holes in her ears. And that it looks silly or must hurt. Just shows, these kids can't consent and the majority won't even want it doing in the first place!!

I have a friend who is Spanish and she had her daughters done as a baby, it’s totally normal to them to get them done so young😳
Yeah, I saw someone say it was a cultural thing in some places, which I do appreciate. I still think it's a very strange thing to do, they're so little and the risk of infection is huge!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Supermarkets? Not really. Stores like Primark, Matalan, Next, River Island and Zara are more interesting - at least in my orbit :giggle:
I visited a Primark on route to France in 2018 (near the Belgian border, changing from the euro star... can't remember the exact name) - and omg it was a whole different world to ours! So much bigger!! Chefs kiss style quality. Everything was neat and tidy, the shop didn't resemble a jumble sale that had been raided by a gang of racoons!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You cannot keep me out of a Trader Joes.. the first time i flew to NYC to see my partner.. it was the thing I was most excited about..
I was in the US last month and came home with a fold up Trader Joe's shopping tote ... green and yellow with a big pickle on it. Love it.

I brrought a load off Carrefour shopping bags home from Spain once because they were the first ones I'd seen with the long shoulder straps.

People in Tesco probably think I'm a pretentious twit but I don't care :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.