Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the re-branding of anything that goes against stereotypical gender roles for a woman as "misogyny." E.g. don't like the idea that women all want to be SAHMs, don't like seeing the default role for a woman in media be "man's love interest", don't like pink, don't like children? It's all "misogyny", that's just the way women naturally are / what they naturally like and if you don't agree, it's because you hate women (or if you are one, it's "internalised misogyny.") While whatever it is that you originally criticised is a-ok and not sexist at all

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I LOVE strolling around a supermarket massive saddo that I am
I love a supermarket. I will go to any of them no matter where in the world I am.

Sainsburys and Tesco are my regulars in th UK. (Don't mind a bit of Asda to mix things up)

When on holiday in Europe one of the first places I will head to is a Carrefour. I went to the US recently and spent most of it in Target and Ralphs.

I just can't help myself. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
UO - Pensioners are bitchy AF. Especially at Bingo when someone wins! They proceed to reel off when and how much 'Wealthy Wendy' has won over the the last fortnight.
Shocking behaviour 😳
I once went to a local bingo with my MIL I won the line, two lines and the full house holly crap, eyes were boring into my back
🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I love a supermarket. I will go to any of them no matter where in the world I am.

Sainsburys and Tesco are my regulars in th UK. (Don't mind a bit of Asda to mix things up)

When on holiday in Europe one of the first places I will head to is a Carrefour. I went to the US recently and spent most of it in Target and Ralphs.

We used to go to France on summer holidays evvvvvvery year when I was in school zzzzz but I was the envy of my year come September with all my fancy stationary from Carrefour! All the branded stuff from Chipie and NafNaf!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Me too, it’s definitely a point of interest when I travel.

Carrefour is great, the best one I went to was in Madrid.

There’s one chain called E. Leclerc in France and it is absolutely beautiful, it’s like the Disneyland of grocery stores!

I love Walmart and HEB in the USA. My husband and American friends are snooty about Walmart but I don’t care, I love it.

I’m so glad to see I’m not the only one who gets excited about grocery stores 😊

Reactions: 5
Asda is a bleeping hideous place
I once saw a toddler riding in one of the shallow trolley chewing on a packet of mince in an Asda. I felt like I was in the supermarket version of the departed.

I hate any supermarket that I don't know well.

If it's your regular shop you know where everything is, you have a strategy,

If it's a shop you don't know, you wander around aimlessly, lost, confused, wondering where the duck the eggs are.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

i agree with all of your list and will also add the absolute utopia of us supermarkets: walgreens. i love it so much.

i will add to the asda hate though! all the asdas in south wales seem to have their lighting slightly dimmed so it’s instantly like you’re walking into the shadows.

Reactions: 1
Aldi is my supermarket of choice. New skincare or makeup in the middle aisle give me huge joy. I go to foreign Aldis when I’m away. There was a tiny supermarket in the wee village I stayed in last time I was in Spain that weirdly had a huge selection of teas. I brought home loads for friends who thought I’d lost the plot I think 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I once saw a toddler riding in one of the shallow trolley chewing on a packet of mince in an Asda. I felt like I was in the supermarket version of the departed.

I hate any supermarket that I don't know well.

If it's your regular shop you know where everything is, you have a strategy,

If it's a shop you don't know, you wander around aimlessly, lost, confused, wondering where the duck the eggs are.
😂😂😂😂😂

I had the misfortune of visiting a large Asda near me on Sunday.
Full of Wayne/Waynetta slob, smelled awful, loud music and a bloody McDonald's.....why!?

Reactions: 6
😂😂😂😂😂

Full of Wayne/Waynetta slob, smelled awful, loud music and a bloody McDonald's.....why!?
A MCDONALD’S?

Supermarkets seem to be renting out parts of their stores out to opticians, barbers etc (and I thought a barbers was a bit weird) but a McDonald’s is absolutely nuts!

Reactions: 4
A MCDONALD’S?

Supermarkets seem to be renting out parts of their stores out to opticians, barbers etc (and I thought a barbers was a bit weird) but a McDonald’s is absolutely nuts!
I know! Like seriously, folk walking round with a burger in one hand and pushing a trolley with the other 🤮🤮🤮🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
😂😂😂😂😂

Most of our Asdas have McDonald’s. It’s very weird.
I hate Asda, I quite like their clothes sometimes but I have to click and collect as I cannot go shopping inside I hate them!

Reactions: 7
Unfortunately as Asda is one of the few supermarkets closest to us aside from Aldi, it’s where we do most of our weekly shop. The alternative is to travel further afield and it’s not always possible. I’m sure it’s the same for many people especially at the moment with the cost of living issue; we go where we’ll get the best value for money.

I quite like Asda’s kids clothing.

Reactions: 8

You cannot keep me out of a Trader Joes.. the first time i flew to NYC to see my partner.. it was the thing I was most excited about..

A MCDONALD’S?

the big Tesco in Slough used to have a Holland & Barrett in there which I thought was odd at the time several years ago

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.