Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Women's sport is generally a lot more boring than mens. Football, boxing, tennis ... all much better played by men.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Too many local events for spring, Bank holidays, Easter, summer and all the other usual holidays. Stalls, food, bouncy castles etc. Feels like there's one every weekend. How can it be a treat when they're so frequent?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You would think people who had decent relationships, good health and money in the bank would be the kindest individuals in society - considering, what else do they have to care about but being decent citizens? I find the opposite to be true. Life has not challenged them so they lack depth and dimension within their character. They have not progressed further than a toddler seeking self pleasure and gratification by belittling others less fortunate. During their dramatic episodes of condemning individuals, who are struggling under the weight of life's challenges, I cannot help but think - Karma is a brutal bleeping witch.

We all - at some some point in our life - will experience loss. Loss of loved ones. Loss of health. Loss of finances. None of us are immune to suffering. You may think you are invulnerable now but I can guarantee life has a way of chiseling into the depth of your soul until it breaks you wide open.

You won't remember this during your next rant of selfish condemnation. But, in the still of the night, when you are alone in pain asking yourself why, you will reflect upon your actions and then (perhaps) you will attempt to redeem yourself - if not for others, but for yourself.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
You would think people who had decent relationships, good health and money in the bank would be the kindest individuals in society - considering, what else do they have to care about but being decent citizens? I find the opposite to be true. Life has not challenged them so they lack depth and dimension within their character. They have not progressed further than a toddler seeking self pleasure and gratification by belittling others less fortunate. During their dramatic episodes of condemning individuals, who are struggling under the weight of life's challenges, I cannot help but think - Karma is a brutal bleeping witch.

We all - at some some point in our life - will experience loss. Loss of loved ones. Loss of health. Loss of finances. None of us are immune to suffering. You may think you are invulnerable now but I can guarantee life has a way of chiseling into the depth of your soul until it breaks you wide open.

You won't remember this during your next rant of selfish condemnation. But, in the still of the night, when you are alone in pain asking yourself why, you will reflect upon your actions and then (perhaps) you will attempt to redeem yourself - if not for others, but for yourself.
Well. That was a bit deep and serious.

(Agreed tho)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
bf’s sister claims to have it, bleats on about it to anyone who’ll listen and brandishes a walking stick everywhere she goes. Trouble is, the mask slips a lot and she’s pretty nimble when she forgets and quick as a flash to the kitchen when you walk in the house with a chippy or a Chinese
ah like this Booktuber I watch that claims disability and talks of being a crip etc and how one minute her bf has to push her round in a wheelchair and the next she's riding electric bikes around her city.. I don't doubt some people genuinely have an awful time and I am sorry that they have to go through a lot but some people like this seem to get off with calling themself a victim and disabled.. I find it an insult to real disabled people

Yes! Although that trend seems to have been taken over by a new trend - trussing the baby up in a body sock so it looks like a grub or something emerging from a chrysalis.
or those cribs that they have where it looks like you wrapped a straitjacket round them..

Women's sport is generally a lot more boring than mens. Football, boxing, tennis ... all much better played by men.
Went to a womans football match once with a lot of the people we go to see a certain mens football team with..

Reader it was like watching chuffing paint dry..

You would think people who had decent relationships, good health and money in the bank would be the kindest individuals in society - considering, what else do they have to care about but being decent citizens? I find the opposite to be true. Life has not challenged them so they lack depth and
Absolutely agree. Speaking for myself as a genuine caring supportive and generous person with absolutely nothing. who is going through so much shizz right now and could use a chat with a friend, what did i do yesterday when my friend was over from another country ? spent all the time listening to her and talking to her about her worries and concerns without even mentioning my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Karma isn't real.
I agree with this. The people who do believe in karma are never willing to consider that anything unfortunate that happens to them is their karma for their previous wrongdoings.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree with this. The people who do believe in karma are never willing to consider that anything unfortunate that happens to them is their karma for their previous wrongdoings.
Or when bad things happen to a child it's karma from a previous life getting served 🙄

Reactions: 5

I had to sit in a room of feminists once and explain why I thought women sports stars don't deserve equal pay to male sports stars.
That was fun!

Sadly we're are just athletically inferior and it makes for boring sport.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I had to sit in a room of feminists once and explain why I thought women sports stars don't deserve equal pay to male sports stars.
That was fun!

Sadly we're are just athletically inferior and it makes for boring sport.

I didnt know whether to do the shocked or laughing reaction to that! 😂 I dont agree or disagree - how come ya think that?

Reactions: 1
5 doored Minis are ugly and bloated and miss the point of being a Mini , don’t get me started on Pacemans!

Also Roman Keating , can’t bear him , was always bleating on about how much he adored his Mammy etc and is such a nice person he cheated on his wife 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
5 doored Minis are ugly and bloated and miss the point of being a Mini , don’t get me started on Pacemans!

Also Roman Keating , can’t bear him , was always bleating on about how much he adored his Mammy etc and is such a nice person he cheated on his wife 🤦🏻‍♀️
I saw him on the one show wearing black jeans and shiney chunky brown turd colour boots, with crossed legs.
I haven't been able to look at him the same since

• Haha
I didnt know whether to do the shocked or laughing reaction to that! 😂 I dont agree or disagree - how come ya think that?
Less people want to watch women's sports. Less viewers = Less sponsors = Less money.

Maybe this is a sexist societal attitude but we have all seen women's sports and can decide for ourselves if it's interesting enough to watch.
I'm all for equality but in athletics males are just unarguably better.

If the tables were turned I would argue that male athletes don't deserve the same pay as female, but it's not.

And it's not like female athletes are living on the breadline, even with they pay disparity they are still raking it in.

People in the states & well anywhere really who ask for their leftovers to be boxed up at a restaurant are skanky. My mil came here for a holiday from the states & was obsessed with getting her leftovers, no matter how small boxed up. I think she was actually waiting for somewhere to say no, just so she could moan. But seriously it’s rank.

The leftovers are very often rank by the time you get them home. It always seems a good idea until you open the box at home and peer in at some kind of breadcrumbed atrocity that bears no resemblance to the main course you had earlier.

• Haha
People in the states & well anywhere really who ask for their leftovers to be boxed up at a restaurant are skanky. My mil came here for a holiday from the states & was obsessed with getting her leftovers, no matter how small boxed up. I think she was actually waiting for somewhere to say no, just so she could moan. But seriously it’s rank.
If I get served a meal I know I can't finish (which is most of the time), I ask for half of it to be boxed up immediately, before I start eating. It irritates the tit out of waiters tbf, but I want the untouched food boxed up so I can give it to a homeless person after I leave the restaurant. People judge me and think I'm weird but, I won't stop doing it. I've never been called skanky or rank over it, though.

Edit: Oh I misunderstood the initial post. I concur that it is quite rank if you try to have the final remnants of a mostly-eaten meal several hours later. I wouldn't be able to, either. Totally different to what I was describing initially.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.