Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe in fibromyalgia, ME, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. A made up ‘condition’ GP’s give to lazy people who are tired because they do nothing and enjoy having a ‘condition’ to gain sympathy and attention from others. Take some vitamins and go for a bloody walk!
I don't understand why people would give up a year of their life to lie in a bed because of laziness. That's what happened to some people I know and they are not lazy people and since that happened they've been putting a lot of effort into getting back to normal life.

The fact a lot of people just moan and get diagnosed with it because doctors can't find anything wrong with them is another story.

Also ME and chronic fatigue is the same thing

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't understand why people would give up a year of their life to lie in a bed because of laziness. That's what happened to some people I know and they are not lazy people and since that happened they've been putting a lot of effort into getting back to normal life.

The fact a lot of people just moan and get diagnosed with it because doctors can't find anything wrong with them is another story.

Also ME and chronic fatigue is the same thing
Yes I know they’re the same…
My consultant couldn’t find what was wrong with me and offered to put fibromyalgia on my notes to appease me…erm no thanks, I don’t wish to have ‘hypochondriac’ on my record! Turned out I had early menopause at 38 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
And even then, it's not that they can't find anything wrong with them. It's that they can't identify the cause of it. Like any other idiopathic diagnosis: it is real but we're not sure why it happens yet.

Yes I know they’re the same…
My consultant couldn’t find what was wrong with me and offered to put fibromyalgia on my notes to appease me…erm no thanks, I don’t wish to have ‘hypochondriac’ on my record! Turned out I had early menopause at 38 🙄
I'm very sorry that was your experience (I mean this sincerely), but I wouldn't generalize based on one consultant not being able to diagnose you correctly. I know someone who has fibormyalgia and it's literally ruined her life. She's desperate to be normal and cannot pull herself out of bed sometimes. They now think she may have an autoimmune disorder, but they're still unable to diagnose with certainty.
Nobody wants to be ill. Nobody wants a label like this one. Why would they- people judge so harshly when you get it!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And even then, it's not that they can't find anything wrong with them. It's that they can't identify the cause of it. Like any other idiopathic diagnosis: it is real but we're not sure why it happens yet.

I'm very sorry that was your experience (I mean this sincerely), but I wouldn't generalize based on one consultant not being able to diagnose you correctly. I know someone who has fibormyalgia and it's literally ruined her life. She's desperate to be normal and cannot pull herself out of bed sometimes. They now think she may have an autoimmune disorder, but they're still unable to diagnose with certainty.
Nobody wants to be ill. Nobody wants a label like this one. Why would they- people judge so harshly when you get it!
Yeah totally. I think there are a lot of total chancers about. Like a lot of people getting signed off with stress at work because they made a mistake or just can't be bothered working and are milking the system,but that doesn't mean severe stress or mental problems are not real

Reactions: 8
Yeah totally. I think there are a lot of total chancers about. Like a lot of people getting signed off with stress at work because they made a mistake or just can't be bothered working and are milking the system,but that doesn't mean severe stress or mental problems are not real
Valid points. (y)
I guess part of the issue doctors face is that they have to identify the chancers from the legitimate sufferers. It can't be easy.

Like you said, the ones really struggling are doing their best to get back to normal but they just can't. It must feel so helpless to live like that.

Reactions: 4
Youtubers who ask stupid questions, in their videos, to increase their engagement and improve their algorithm.

example: Youtuber holds up an apple "I don't know guuuys, this looks like an apple but I'm not sure? Comment down below"

Sycophants chime in "Yes *insert YT name* it sure is an apple! -- Please like my comment because my life is meaningless without your attention/approval *insert heart emoji* *insert kissing emoji* "

Yeah, it's a fcking apple; now kindly shove it up your arse!

• Haha
Some places have strippers on self employment basis so they need to pay a fee to be there, then they make their money from what they get performing
Reminds me of this joke

What did the leper say to the hooker after sex?

"You can keep the tip"

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I had this opinion waaaaay before I saw my consultant, hence why I was so offended by the ‘offer’ of a label I didn’t believe in. Of the very few where they genuinely can’t get out of bed I think it must be an auto-immune issue but I would speculate about 1% of them are genuine, just let down by clinicians. Leaving 99% of them lazy wingebags seeking attention and claiming disability allowance

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I don't really get the fibro thing. I know someone who has it and she has loads of pain meds and pain patches. If it's not real why does she need pain killers. Unless she addicted to the pain meds.

Reactions: 6
Fibro isn’t a real, it’s a diagnosis of exclusion. Can’t find a cause for pain? Call it fibro. And this is anecdata, but there seems to be a strong correlation with MH issues. I think the mind-body link is so complex and not very well understood.

I also knew more than one person with fibro who was a massive malingerer and addicted to strong pain.

bf’s sister claims to have it, bleats on about it to anyone who’ll listen and brandishes a walking stick everywhere she goes. Trouble is, the mask slips a lot and she’s pretty nimble when she forgets and quick as a flash to the kitchen when you walk in the house with a chippy or a Chinese

• Haha
bf’s sister claims to have it, bleats on about it to anyone who’ll listen and brandishes a walking stick everywhere she goes. Trouble is, the mask slips a lot and she’s pretty nimble when she forgets and quick as a flash to the kitchen when you walk in the house with a chippy or a Chinese
I either know your bfs sister or a chippy tea is a magical cure. There’s a reason it’s nicknamed FibroLIEalgia

• Haha
I don't really get the fibro thing. I know someone who has it and she has loads of pain meds and pain patches. If it's not real why does she need pain killers. Unless she addicted to the pain meds.
Misdiagnosis is a thing. And you wouldn't get medication because of a label. You'd get it because of your symptoms.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The term "double jointed" really irritates me - its not a thing. You do not have a double joint, its joint hypermobility (also most people I know who claim to have it don't even).

Maternity photoshoots are ridiculous.

I get it's nice to have a few pictures to remind you of your pregnancy, but do you really need to be stood in a field, wearing a floaty dress unbuttoned to air your bump out, flowers in your hair, looking into the distance with a thoughtful look on your face?

I'd also like to include newborn photoshoots where the baby is arranged like a frog ready for dissection in a school science lab.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'd also like to include newborn photoshoots where the baby is arranged like a frog ready for dissection in a school science lab.
Yes! Although that trend seems to have been taken over by a new trend - trussing the baby up in a body sock so it looks like a grub or something emerging from a chrysalis.

• Haha
  • Sick
The term "double jointed" really irritates me - its not a thing. You do not have a double joint, its joint hypermobility (also most people I know who claim to have it don't even).
I have hypermobility but when I was younger it was actually diagnosed - by my pediatrician - as "double jointed". Many older medical professionals still refer to that diagnosis.

There is also Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - which is no laughing matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fibro isn’t a real, it’s a diagnosis of exclusion. Can’t find a cause for pain? Call it fibro. And this is anecdata, but there seems to be a strong correlation with MH issues. I think the mind-body link is so complex and not very well understood.

I also knew more than one person with fibro who was a massive malingerer and addicted to strong pain.
Kind of like fibro is pain felt in the body from mental turmoil.

Reactions: 3
Do you have sympathy for foreign fighters in Ukraine or previously Syria (actually, any foreign war) who have no connection to the country but go their against advice/the law to do as they say, the "right thing".

Is it brave, and the right thing, to do to go risk your life, or worse (as recently in Ukraine) to be killed or captured (with the possibility of years in a disgusting foreign prison as it appears Russia is treating them as mercenaries)

Or, just selfish when you leave wives/partners/children/family behind to worry your fate, what happens if your jailed abroad for years, killed, or seriously and permanently injured ?

Reported today, one captured by Russia fighting in Ukraine had left a wife four children behind.

0 sympathy. They are selfish white-night egomaniacs. One moron got killed and he had left his daughter who was going through chemo. I have no idea why the mother let the father commit suicide for a border war he has no connections to but I would be so angry for leaving me in such a state. Absolute head wannabe hero now has a kid with no father, who has to grow up to realise what a selfish twit of a man her dad was.

Is it that unpopular?
It was a joke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.