Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And just to add to this that we should all have to retest at certain age points, no discrimation against old people, my husband is in his 40s and drives like a twit, he could do with bringing down a peg or two
Agreed. I've met some people whose driving is terrible and often wonder how some get a driving licence. Think I'd rather (and I have) get into a car with someone who has just passed their test than some who've been driving for years.

Reactions: 4
As someone has mentioned earlier, why should we tip wait staff in restaurants, bars etc.

For example if you worked on the tills on a supermarket, how often does someone say well done, here is a fiver for doing your job and ringing up my items.

People who say, if you can't afford to tip, stay at home and don't eat out, can kiss my backside.

Eating out is usually expensive enough as it is, without being expected to give tax free handouts to people doing their job.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
As someone has mentioned earlier, why should we tip wait staff in restaurants, bars etc.

For example if you worked on the tills on a supermarket, how often does someone say well done, here is a fiver for doing your job and ringing up my items.

People who say, if you can't afford to tip, stay at home and don't eat out, can kiss my backside.

Eating out is usually expensive enough as it is, without being expected to give tax free handouts to people doing their job.
I like leaving a tip for good service but don't feel people should feel pressured to do it. Its why I find the US tipping culture strange. Literally any service gets tipped over there. I understand that they have laws in many states that permit under paying of certain positions but the whole thing just seems nuts to me.

Reactions: 6
I like leaving a tip for good service but don't feel people should feel pressured to do it. Its why I find the US tipping culture strange. Literally any service gets tipped over there. I understand that they have laws in many states that permit under paying of certain positions but the whole thing just seems nuts to me.
Because I grew up in a country where you tip I understand why. The UK is great because people earn a decent wage. In places like the USA they live from their tips. They could be paid something as simple as $4 dollars an hour. Some places don’t even pay and you work for tips alone

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Because I grew up in a country where you tip I understand why. The UK is great because people earn a decent wage. In places like the USA they live from their tips. They could be paid something as simple as $4 dollars an hour. Some places don’t even pay and you work for tips alone
Is it now an OP to think that people should just be paid properly and not have to rely on tips? If you HAVE to tip then it should be included in the base price otherwise the menu is just a lie. Remember being in Japan about 20 years ago and a waitress ran out of a restaurant after some tourists trying to give them back the money they’d left and was actually quite offended when they explained it was for her as she felt they were insinuating she was in need and not paid properly.

Reactions: 13
Do you have sympathy for foreign fighters in Ukraine or previously Syria (actually, any foreign war) who have no connection to the country but go their against advice/the law to do as they say, the "right thing".

Is it brave, and the right thing, to do to go risk your life, or worse (as recently in Ukraine) to be killed or captured (with the possibility of years in a disgusting foreign prison as it appears Russia is treating them as mercenaries)

Or, just selfish when you leave wives/partners/children/family behind to worry your fate, what happens if your jailed abroad for years, killed, or seriously and permanently injured ?

Reported today, one captured by Russia fighting in Ukraine had left a wife four children behind.

Reactions: 12
Do you have sympathy for foreign fighters in Ukraine or previously Syria (actually, any foreign war) who have no connection to the country but go their against advice/the law to do as they say, the "right thing".

Is it brave, and the right thing, to do to go risk your life, or worse (as recently in Ukraine) to be killed or captured (with the possibility of years in a disgusting foreign prison as it appears Russia is treating them as mercenaries)

Or, just selfish when you leave wives/partners/children/family behind to worry your fate, what happens if your jailed abroad for years, killed, or seriously and permanently injured ?

Reported today, one captured by Russia fighting in Ukraine had left a wife four children behind.
I think this is more about that person’s ego than anything, the poor wife and children that they’ve left behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have heard of low wages, but never heard of working for tips alone. Who would take a job like that.

Reactions: 4
UOs:
I find OF and "yacht girl" culture extremely worrying. The rampant glamorization of these professions as empowering is misleading and dangerous, to say the least.

The influencer bubble will never burst (despite our best efforts). They'll just evolve into other scams and the next generation will throw money at them, just like ours did.

If you give your kid growth hormone shots so that they reach maximum height, then you're vain and you're teaching them that their value is based solely on their appearances. It's shoddy parenting.

Between people's incessant desire for more stuff they don't need and companies now greenwashing their offerings, we're going to continue to ruin our planet. I simply don't see how we're going to save it when we are still so focused on consumerism.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I
UOs:
I find OF and "yacht girl" culture extremely worrying. The rampant glamorization of these professions as empowering is misleading and dangerous, to say the least.

The influencer bubble will never burst (despite our best efforts). They'll just evolve into other scams and the next generation will throw money at them, just like ours did.

If you give your kid growth hormone shots so that they reach maximum height, then you're vain and you're teaching them that their value is based solely on their appearances. It's shoddy parenting.

Between people's incessant desire for more stuff they don't need and companies now greenwashing their offerings, we're going to continue to ruin our planet. I simply don't see how we're going to save it when we are still so focused on consumerism.
I saw a quote the other day that said something like, if you wanna be a hoe and are happy being a hoe, then be a hoe. But don't go bragging about it or glamorising it. Because the majority of people that enter that life will be damaged by it not empowered.

I thought that rung true.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Omfg why did I watch the porta potty video 😭🤢

Nah, you're not well in the bleeping head to be doing that. Its not ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not an unpopular opinion here. Remember when their album got automatically downloaded on to bleeping iTunes? That gave me the pure rage.

God knows what I’d have done if it was Phil Collins or Peter Andre
Not unpopular at all. They are awful. Having their album on my phone INCENSED me

I am not sure if you are being serious, but do strippers only get tips.
Some places have strippers on self employment basis so they need to pay a fee to be there, then they make their money from what they get performing

• Wow
I don’t believe in fibromyalgia, ME, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. A made up ‘condition’ GP’s give to lazy people who are tired because they do nothing and enjoy having a ‘condition’ to gain sympathy and attention from others. Take some vitamins and go for a bloody walk!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.