Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
most people drive like twats whether they can help it or not
(men = road rage/too fast. women = generally poor and a bit reckless. Oaps = too slow and too cautious).

Come at me
The amount of people who can't reverse in a straight line - is frankly shocking!

Reactions: 2
I find a lot of women to be weirdly aggressive drivers. You wouldnt be like that if we were in a shop.

Also if you don't like my driving, overtake me. But you wont because you're too pussy. At least men just overtake you instead of driving up your arse.

I also find modern cars make everyone think they are the stig. No Sandra, you're not a good driver, you just have a new car. Try driving an old 80s car like I learnt to drive in, then we'll see who is actually good driver.

Reactions: 6
I was shocked when I started driving. Someone should tell you what to expect re other drivers. I've always been solitary so it's not like there was anyone to tell me tbh but I wish my instructor had made me more aware.

Reactions: 6
The amount of people who can't reverse in a straight line - is frankly shocking!

I don't think it can be generalised what kind of driver men/women are. There are some absolute idiots or arseholes of any gender. People should just remember they are literally in control of a killing machine and try to not get stressed out by others. 9 out of 10 times, I catch up with people who rush or overtake me at the next lights, is it really worth going mental for saving a minute or two.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

I don't think it can be generalised what kind of driver men/women are. There are some absolute idiots or arseholes of any gender. People should just remember they are literally in control of a killing machine and try to not get stressed out by others. 9 out of 10 times, I catch up with people who rush or overtake me at the next lights, is it really worth going mental for saving a minute or two.
That is so true. They weave in and out overtake and zoom ahead over the speed limit. Then you meet up to them at the next set of lights.

They spoke about that on my driver's aware course, that and driving over the speed limit takes like 1 second of an hour journey.

I think you can generalise though. Men in Audi's and BMW's are head drivers but they just overtake you at the first chance. Women driving any white car are head drivers, but they drive up your arse and expect you to drive how they want to, but don't overtake even when there is an opportunity like two lanes.

All Range Rover drivers think they can park where ever they want, I'm sure they must get told at the dealers -here are your keys parking rules no longer apply to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Car finance companies should be able to request People take a test before they are approved for finance. Too many people get a bit too big for their boots when driving a brand new car
You should be limited to what size car engine you can buy when you first pass your driving test. Maybe for the first two years you can't buy anything above 1.2 or max 1.6.

It's criminal you get someone like Brooklyn Beckham pass at 17 then just get a top of the range Mercedes just because you've got the money to be able to insure it.

Reactions: 4
That is so true. They weave in and out overtake and zoom ahead over the speed limit. Then you meet up to them at the next set of lights.

They spoke about that on my driver's aware course, that and driving over the speed limit takes like 1 second of an hour journey.

I think you can generalise though. Men in Audi's and BMW's are head drivers but they just overtake you at the first chance. Women driving any white car are head drivers, but they drive up your arse and expect you to drive how they want to, but don't overtake even when there is an opportunity like two lanes.

All Range Rover drivers think they can park where ever they want, I'm sure they must get told at the dealers -here are your keys parking rules no longer apply to you.
With Range Rovers it’s because traffic wardens can’t reach the windscreen wipers to give the a ticket 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
9 out of 10 times, I catch up with people who rush or overtake me at the next lights, is it really worth going mental for saving a minute or two.
Oh I hate those wankers. They make such a big deal of overtaking you aggressively, just because you have the temerity to be driving at 30mph.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Road rage really annoys me, a lot of drivers need to calm the duck down behind the wheel before they injure or kill someone. Yes other drivers are annoying and sometimes dangerous, but being all angry whilst you’re in control of a 2 tonne death machine won’t solve anything. It’s scary when you’re a passenger and the driver starts getting ragey, getting right up behind the car in front etc.

Reactions: 14
Most men are messy and lazy. Yes I said it.

MIL tries to give me parenting tips but I am literally living with proof that she brought up a giant man child that doesn’t know how/want to clean up after himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

MIL tries to give me parenting tips but I am literally living with proof that she brought up a giant man child that doesn’t know how/want to clean up after himself.
When it comes to cleanliness you only get two sorts of men, messy slob who can't look after himself and verging on OCD clean freak.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I agree. My dad seems to lack basic house skills, he once wanted to boil pasta in a ceramic pot and is incapable of ever properly tidying up. He likes to clear the living room of any cups/mugs left there (often on purpose so they can be reused) but never puts them inside the dishwasher or washes them up.

Reactions: 8
UO - I hate thumb emojis turned into colour of your skin emoji, I see emojis as colour neutral.
I don't have yellow👍but I don't need to colour match an emoji like a Dulux paint chart to show the recipient the shade of my thumb is.

*also my face doesn't match this emoji 😉

Reactions: 21
UO - I hate thumb emojis turned into colour of your skin emoji, I see emojis as colour neutral.
I don't have yellow👍but I don't need to colour match an emoji like a Dulux paint chart to show the recipient the shade of my thumb is.

*also my face doesn't match this emoji 😉
tumblr_obgft7lZgc1tdhrpqo1_250.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.