Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it's really serious.. and has been going on for longer than you would think.. I will tell you a story about someone.. erm lets call her Kydia. Born unattractive. didn;t get a partner til extremely late in life because of this despite seeing many people a lot less attractive than herself coupled up.. tried but would always get rejected for being ugly. spent most of their life unemployed despite being a qualified hard worker experienced in many fields and sectors. When going for jobs and interviews, companies are always dead keen on her... until she gets to interview stage and despite interviewing well she never gets the job.. often they were given to someone younger/ less qualified /skilled or both. When you have a kind and amiable personality and professional attitude as well as everything else, whats the reason you don't get the job? Lookism.. she even went for a job once where the interview was basically hello i have your cv bye.. but the agency confirmed that this had happened to other candidates and they suspected her was looking for eye candy in the office.. what is one to do when you cannot change your face? Ugly people need jobs too
Ugly people do get jobs. In my workplace there are some odd looking bods.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
UO: It’s A Sin was badly acted rubbish and it really, really didn’t capture the 80s, like people made out it did.

Reactions: 14
it's really serious.. and has been going on for longer than you would think.. I will tell you a story about someone.. erm lets call her Kydia. Born unattractive. didn;t get a partner til extremely late in life because of this despite seeing many people a lot less attractive than herself coupled up.. tried but would always get rejected for being ugly. spent most of their life unemployed despite being a qualified hard worker experienced in many fields and sectors. When going for jobs and interviews, companies are always dead keen on her... until she gets to interview stage and despite interviewing well she never gets the job.. often they were given to someone younger/ less qualified /skilled or both. When you have a kind and amiable personality and professional attitude as well as everything else, whats the reason you don't get the job? Lookism.. she even went for a job once where the interview was basically hello i have your cv bye.. but the agency confirmed that this had happened to other candidates and they suspected her was looking for eye candy in the office.. what is one to do when you cannot change your face? Ugly people need jobs too
Can I ask how Kydia became experienced in many fields and sectors while simultaneously spending most of her life unemployed 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can I ask how Kydia became experienced in many fields and sectors while simultaneously spending most of her life unemployed 🤔
on and off temp jobs and perm jobs.. worked in both public and private sector, charities. retail, HR. legal. construction, recruitment,property services, care sector

Admin covers a wide area..and temp jobs are effectively unemployed as the longest they have ever lasted is a yr

she's in her mid 50s... so there's a lot of years to cover

Reactions: 2

It would not just be about attractiveness ( you say she has seen many people a lot less abstractive than her hooked up) it will be personality and confidence as well that would be factors,

Reactions: 6
Someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too ugly is like someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too good looking.

It's an excuse. Looks aren't as important as people think. Look at politicians, successful people, not a looker in the bunch.

Looks can be a factor, but it is never the only reason.

Reactions: 16
UO: The misusage/ overusage of compliments like "gorgeous/stunning" to describe something or someone who is average or slightly above average looking. Not everyone is beautiful (I'm only referring to outward appearances), and that is perfectly fine.
Compliments are a double-edged sword though, as it means you usually look like tit to them and on this one occasion you have stunned them by scrubbing up well 🤣:cautious: it's better to be admired without compliments, that means you look good as usual and they don't need to point it out as it's obvious 😘

Reactions: 7
Someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too ugly is like someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too good looking.

It's an excuse. Looks aren't as important as people think. Look at politicians, successful people, not a looker in the bunch.

Looks can be a factor, but it is never the only reason.
politicians have connection. there is no excuse being claimed here.. she has plenty of time to think and consider all the factors.. also didnt say cant get on in life.. said finds it harder to find work..

Reactions: 2
UO- I hate seeing snotty/dirty kids faces all over social media. No one gives a tit your kid ate beans on toast ffs clean their faces!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Compliments are a double-edged sword though, as it means you usually look like tit to them and on this one occasion you have stunned them by scrubbing up well 🤣:cautious: it's better to be admired without compliments, that means you look good as usual and they don't need to point it out as it's obvious 😘
I recently changed my hair from a very usual colour to one similar to my natural shade, I haven't had a natural shade for years and haven't had my natural shade since I was a kid.

People were overly complementary, to the point I was like yeah I get it, you think I've looked like a twatt for the last 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
on and off temp jobs and perm jobs.. worked in both public and private sector, charities. retail, HR. legal. construction, recruitment,property services, care sector

Admin covers a wide area..and temp jobs are effectively unemployed as the longest they have ever lasted is a yr

she's in her mid 50s... so there's a lot of years to cover
She's in her mid fifties and you mentioned in a previous post that younger less experienced people have been offered the jobs she goes for. That's ageism.

Reactions: 3
Sometimes people are just tit at interviewing. I am plus I am ugly but I still got a very good job.
something tells me Kydia is more of a Lydiot

We have a Lydiot working for us but she thinks she’s a Kydia, experienced and good at her job. She’s not. She’s a Lydiot

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've never loved him, I'm pretty indifferent towards him.. but I also think he's not very attractive and that is probably an UO.

• Wow
  • Haha
Is this unpopular? Tbf I don’t follow the story as it’s hard to keep up - but I thought everyone loved him and no one wanted him cancelled.
I hope this is the case. I will gladly not have an UO. :) I haven't been following all the ins and outs but what a toxic mess! I've popped into the thread a couple of times but that's it.

I just think the difference between JD and someone like Mel Gibson is that MG has displayed a pattern of behaviour spanning several years. Never heard anything but good stuff about JP until this nightmare.

Reactions: 7
Guys who cannot get anyone to date them and blame women for liking "bad guys" need to move out of their mother's basement, get a job and then we can talk 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 18
UO: It’s A Sin was badly acted rubbish and it really, really didn’t capture the 80s, like people made out it did.
I thought it was good that it shone a light on the AIDS crisis as a lot of it is swept under the carpet, even today.

I hope this is the case. I will gladly not have an UO. :) I haven't been following all the ins and outs but what a toxic mess! I've popped into the thread a couple of times but that's it.

I just think the difference between JD and someone like Mel Gibson is that MG has displayed a pattern of behaviour spanning several years. Never heard anything but good stuff about JP until this nightmare.
I’m indifferent about him like the poster above said, because I don’t like anyone. But even with my lack of knowledge I’m team johnny depp and I loved Milanis tick tok 🤣.

to not disrupt the thread I’ll give an UO too.Adding milk to your spag Bol is top tier and try it if you don’t believe me (full fat milk or double cream, 100ml half hour before the end of cooking)

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.