Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a grey area and theatre gets away with a lot more experimentation than TV or films do. Just look at how many female Hamlet's we've had over the years.

There is also the business side of making these things. If you're putting millions into a production you need it to sell and be appealing. If that means putting Eddie Redmayne in the lead of The Danish Girl instead of an unknown trans actor then that's what will happen.
agreed totally.. you put my points over perfectly.. forgot to add my partner has played a lot more of these more experimental roles online - ie the rent boy, and serial killer - than he has on film.. where to the best of my recollection he usually plays people on the right side of the law.. well there was the time he played a pdo kidnapper but lets not talk about that LOL (I bingewatched 13 episodes of this in 2 days and it was quite the experience)

Reactions: 2
Southern fairy/southern softie insults are just plain embarrassing. I can't help but cringe 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The smellier the cheese 🧀 the better. Halloumi is an exception because it doesn’t smell but in my opinion it’s the best cheese, especially when grilled. 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i've always thought there was something off about the Madeline Mc Cann case..i suspect her parents had something to do with it maybe rented or sold her off to some perv even.. admittedly I am not a parent but who leaves them unattended like that?Even in may day we had don't talk to strangers and I am considerably older then them. Also if her child was taken why did they not take the others.?
I don’t know about them having anything to do with what happened to her but they had everything to do with how something happened to her. They should have been prosecuted. Two educated doctors thought it was ok to leave three toddlers in a hotel room. I still find it shocking and wonder how many times they’d done it before.

Reactions: 15
UO - when you disagree with somebody on FB and then they call you names because I guess they can’t have a debate 🤷🏼‍♀️ And when you go to answer without calling then names because it’s FB after all, they have blocked you.
This really get’s my goat because then, imo, it looks like I couldn’t think of a come back and just accepted the abuse.

As some of you might already know my fatal flaw is having to respond, even against better judgement 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The only thing the McCanns are guilty of is leaving the children alone. Although this kind of thing is was quite common in the past, it’s frowned upon today.

The abductor is to blame and he is now a person of interest. Do not confused by Gonçalo Amaral the awful detective who tried to make money be blaming them. The incompetent of both the met and portuguese Police.

Try to put yourselves in the shoes of the McGanns who have lost a child (probably abused and murdered), campaigns against them etc
I don’t agree with this. I don’t need to put myself in their shoes because I never left my children alone when they were toddlers. What happened to their daughter happened because of their actions. If the children would have being asleep in their prams at the restaurant (where they should have been) she would be here now. Yes, a monster took her but they enabled it to happen. That’s not to say I don’t feel sorry for them. I too, have lost a child and know exactly what it’s like. I also feel guilt even though my sons death was nothing at all to do with me so I can’t imagine what guilt they have.

They are totally guilty. Too much of what happened doesn't make any sense.

Why would you not go and physically look for your missing three year old child, regardless of it being cold/dark/raining?
Right 👏. I have gone out walking the streets at midnight in the rain looking for my teenage son when he was late coming home, more than once. They should still be out looking for her now.

UO: I think Roald Dahl was sinister and creepy
He was, especially when he introduced ‘Tales of the unexpected’.

He was, especially when he introduced ‘Tales of the unexpected’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It annoys me when people attempt to defend their argument or distract from a debate, particularly online, by using their age.

I've seen it a few times where people will get the many flaws of their argument pointed out and their only comeback is something akin to "you are pathetic for arguing with 17/18/19 year old kids online" (obviously if the reply is from someone older). If you dont want a response, dont post in the first place.

Reactions: 6
It annoys me when people attempt to defend their argument or distract from a debate, particularly online, by using their age.

I've seen it a few times where people will get the many flaws of their argument pointed out and their only comeback is something akin to "you are pathetic for arguing with 17/18/19 year old kids online" (obviously if the reply is from someone older). If you dont want a response, dont post in the first place.
Last time I checked online forums were not a "safe place" for anyone :unsure:

I think people should - Put up or shut up - regardless of age.

Saying that ... It's usually a waste of time to argue with people with an immature mental capacity (again, regardless of age)

UO - I do not care about Johnny Depp v Amber Heard

Reactions: 6
He was an antisemite, misogynist and racist. But for some reason that has been glossed over for decades though more and more people are coming around to it. Same with Gandhi.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Those are the ones that need schooling the most online. Far too cocky for their own good!

Reactions: 3
UO: The misusage/ overusage of compliments like "gorgeous/stunning" to describe something or someone who is average or slightly above average looking. Not everyone is beautiful (I'm only referring to outward appearances), and that is perfectly fine.

Reactions: 18
UO: The misusage/ overusage of compliments like "gorgeous/stunning" to describe something or someone who is average or slightly above average looking. Not everyone is beautiful (I'm only referring to outward appearances), and that is perfectly fine.
Agreed. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it’s also okay to be very average. I claim average for myself and am quite happy with that. Life is too short to spend it in the pursuit of gorgeousness and stunningness, we all lose that game anyway as we get older, more tired etc :D If I do my hair in a new style or whatever and people over-compliment and say you are gorgeous, I know they are lying!:LOL: I can’t stand fake compliments. I’d much rather they say nothing or say something like, you are looking well (health wise) than “beautiful”.

The world is obsessed with being gorgeous, and fake compliments are lies.

I guess that leads to my UO: I think compliments should only be said if they are truly meant - too many people say fake compliments all the time to appease people or to engineer a response in return.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agreed. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it’s also okay to be very average. I claim average for myself and am quite happy with that. Life is too short to spend it in the pursuit of gorgeousness and stunningness, we all lose that game anyway as we get older, more tired etc :D .

The world is obsessed with being gorgous, and fake compliments are lies.
it's really serious.. and has been going on for longer than you would think.. I will tell you a story about someone.. erm lets call her Kydia. Born unattractive. didn;t get a partner til extremely late in life because of this despite seeing many people a lot less attractive than herself coupled up.. tried but would always get rejected for being ugly. spent most of their life unemployed despite being a qualified hard worker experienced in many fields and sectors. When going for jobs and interviews, companies are always dead keen on her... until she gets to interview stage and despite interviewing well she never gets the job.. often they were given to someone younger/ less qualified /skilled or both. When you have a kind and amiable personality and professional attitude as well as everything else, whats the reason you don't get the job? Lookism.. she even went for a job once where the interview was basically hello i have your cv bye.. but the agency confirmed that this had happened to other candidates and they suspected her was looking for eye candy in the office.. what is one to do when you cannot change your face? Ugly people need jobs too

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
A lot of people seem to feel the need to 'reward' obvious effort by saying things like this. My family is rife for it. They would never call someone 'gorgeous' or 'stunning' for simple or natural, effortless good looks but mostly only in reaction to someone having their hair done, heavy make up on, fake tan and a brand new outfit, usually when going to an event or a wedding or something.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.