Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure if it fits under unpopular opinions but unsure where else it would 😅
But I hate the whole "I don't care about my kids grades as long as they're a kind person"... Well of course? We all want our kids to grow into a kind, happy, morally grounded person but why can't they have good grades too? I understand grades aren't more important in life but surely encouraging and being happy for good grades, is up there too? I'm not talking being pushed and pressured to do really well in school but encouraging. Some kids are more academically gifted and others aren't which is fine, we need all types to help the world move but the attitude that comes with that statement sucks!
And usually said by people who kids don't get good grades. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Individuals who think women are the more "emotional" sex have never been in a bar, with a bunch of men, watching their team lose on the tele.

Whoever decided that THAT display of emotion was acceptable and not the emotions that ebb and flow from a woman - who's body is preparing for the possibility of creating a human being? ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Individuals who think women are the more "emotional" sex have never been in a bar, with a bunch of men, watching their team lose on the tele.

Whoever decided that THAT display of emotion was acceptable and not the emotions that ebb and flow from a woman who's body is preparing for the possibility of creating a human being?
Totally agree with you

Reactions: 4
UO if you aren’t exclusively breastfeeding your smelly dogs and barely showering I don’t wanna know you

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm not sure if it fits under unpopular opinions but unsure where else it would 😅
But I hate the whole "I don't care about my kids grades as long as they're a kind person"... Well of course? We all want our kids to grow into a kind, happy, morally grounded person but why can't they have good grades too? I understand grades aren't more important in life but surely encouraging and being happy for good grades, is up there too? I'm not talking being pushed and pressured to do really well in school but encouraging. Some kids are more academically gifted and others aren't which is fine, we need all types to help the world move but the attitude that comes with that statement sucks!
My mum cried when I got a C in math one year :LOL: Sorry but I was absolute shite at Geometry if it weren't for algebra I would've completely failed math that year

Whoever decided that THAT display of emotion was acceptable and not the emotions that ebb and flow from a woman - who's body is preparing for the possibility of creating a human being? ;)
As a woman I do think we are more emotional and I think it's shite. I hate being overly emotional sometimes, I'd much racher be like a bloke who can shrug of anything. I think we, women, tend to over analyse where as men just take things for what is said

• Angry
Reactions: 10
And usually said by people who kids don't get good grades. ;)
Yes!! Absolutely this! My eldest is about to take his SATS and the amount of parents I've heard say it is ridiculous, it's a total non point 😂 It really takes the shine off the kids working hard and doing well!

Reactions: 2
If you know your child has head lice you should keep them off school/nursery until they are completely clear.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As a woman I do think we are more emotional and I think it's shite. I hate being overly emotional sometimes, I'd much racher be like a bloke who can shrug of anything. I think we, women, tend to over analyse where as men just take things for what is said
Well, men have created wars - since the creation of time - which result in death and destruction.

I am not sure that's a sign of "shrugging things off"?🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Disagree completely. Men commit violent crime at much higher rate than women. I think women are far more emotionally balanced.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Seen as we haven't had any proper ones in while...

I still enjoy listening to Michael Jackson's music. Smooth criminal has one of the best dance choreography there is out there.

I don't think his Simpsons episode should have been cancelled

Reactions: 17
I can’t not turn up Billie Jean when it comes on. The Thriller album was a treasured possession of mine as a kid.

Reactions: 6
My sisters boiler is a floor mounted Potterton , it's from 1971. It wouldn't start up last year so she called a plumber out during the lockdown, expecting them to say replace it ....nope. he went off and bought loads of new parts for its internals, and said while I'm here, I may as well give it a complete overhaul as all the parts are still available. He did, and balanced the gas , issued a certificate for her and said its quality, works perfectly and to keep it. She has!
bet it still breaks down in the next year ☹

I agree. It's all gone down hill. Bring back Playdays and Pippin.
I agree. It's all gone down hill. Bring back Playdays and Pippin.
Nonsense. Childrens tv on bbc is quality stuff nowadays, there’s always a point or a learning thing on it. Kids tv got so much better while adults
Took a nose dive.

Reactions: 4
Seen as we haven't had any proper ones in while...

I still enjoy listening to Michael Jackson's music. Smooth criminal has one of the best dance choreography there is out there.

I don't think his Simpsons episode should have been cancelled
Me too! At Christmas me and my husband were watching a music channel playing every Christmas number 1 and we were trying to guess what the next year would be before it came on. I think we were watching 1995 and guessing what 1996 would be, and when they played the next track it skipped to 1997! We were like ‘wtf? What happened to 1996?!’ So we googled it and it was MJ’s Earth Song which they didn’t play! 🙄
ETA I just checked and it was 1995 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
People who get their knickers in a twist about 'celebs' and influencers who make announcements like pregnancy, engagement etc and everyone's like 'I can't believe X hasn't publicly congratulated them'. FFS, maybe they DM'd them, not everything has to be public. People get so het up about it. On the Charlotte Crosby thread, people are like 'can't believe Gaz hasn't congratulated her'. Why would he FFS? Grinds my gears.

Reactions: 17
Ou - I hate Micheal Jackson, I hate his music, I hate how insain everyone went for him.

He was a weird bloke, dresses in werid clothes, marketed to kids while grabbing his crotch and singing crappy pop music. His cancellation was no great loss, just need one of Queen to be caught fiddling now and we can get rid of their tit music too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.