Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ou - I hate Micheal Jackson, I hate his music, I hate how insain everyone went for him.

He was a weird bloke, dresses in werid clothes, marketed to kids while grabbing his crotch and singing crappy pop music. His cancellation was no great loss, just need one of Queen to be caught fiddling now and we can get rid of their tit music too.
And it was Jeffrey Daniel from the band Shalamar who pioneered the moonwalk, not MJ.

Reactions: 8
Ou - I hate Micheal Jackson, I hate his music, I hate how insain everyone went for him.

He was a weird bloke, dresses in werid clothes, marketed to kids while grabbing his crotch and singing crappy pop music. His cancellation was no great loss, just need one of Queen to be caught fiddling now and we can get rid of their tit music too.
I don't understand how people still love MJ, when he was clearly a pweirdo

Reactions: 10
Bobby Brown (another loser) from New Edition taught Michael Jackson the "moonwalk" (per his autobiography Moonwalk)

Reactions: 1
This is probably going to very unpopular….. But I can’t stand female commentators for sports. I’m a woman and I’ve always like football, cricket, darts, most sports actually but the gender swing happening now has led to loads of female commentators and they drive me mad. If they were the best people for the job then fair enough but they’re not. They are there for gender equality not for their talent because most of them talk the biggest load of crap and I just switch off. 🙈…… I guess it could be worse, I could be a man saying this… 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This is probably going to very unpopular….. But I can’t stand female commentators for sports. I’m a woman and I’ve always like football, cricket, darts, most sports actually but the gender swing happening now has led to loads of female commentators and they drive me mad. If they were the best people for the job then fair enough but they’re not. They are there for gender equality not for their talent because most of them talk the biggest load of crap and I just switch off. 🙈…… I guess it could be worse, I could be a man saying this… 😂

I agree with you entirely

And Clare Balding is about as pleasant as the shits

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have to agree.

Networks are hiring more women (which is great) but - as a woman - I can tell if the person is qualified or not. Don't dress up a ditzy- leggy blonde and have her tell me the news, whilst sitting on a couch wearing a mini skirt. FFS. It's insulting. And don't come for me saying women should be allowed to wear whatever they want - I know! But have the decency to highlight the woman's intellect (if she has any) not her body. It's just another way men exploit women and they think we are too stupid to see it.

Reactions: 16
So true! If they are using the phrase "essential worker" instead of saying what their actual job is then that says it all 🚩🚩🚩
This is a pet hate of mine. I am a frontline in the thick of it NHS nurse and I don’t mention it (apart from now to make a point 🤦🏼‍♀️) My friend is a support worker who goes shopping and takes the clients for dinner everyday and she absolutely loves announcing that she’s a key worker and worked right through the pandemic. It really annoys me. I’m sorry but my job and her job are not in the same league.

Reactions: 13
UO, I don’t think MJ fiddled with children 🕺🏼🤷🏼‍♀️
I don't think he did either. I think he was totally messed up mentally and it was weird for an adult man to be hanging around with children like he did. But I just don't believe he was a pervert. He was on trial twice, and in the latter he was found not guilty by a jury.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is a pet hate of mine. I am a frontline in the thick of it NHS nurse and I don’t mention it (apart from now to make a point 🤦🏼‍♀️) My friend is a support worker who goes shopping and takes the clients for dinner everyday and she absolutely loves announcing that she’s a key worker and worked right through the pandemic. It really annoys me. I’m sorry but my job and her job are not in the same league.
Support workers are 'essential workers' . They worked through the first lockdown with no ppe . A support worker was probably the only person some elderly or disabled people saw for months.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
But they clearly dont always hire the best men for the job either - have you ever listened to Michael Owen? Jesus wept.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
People going on about white privileged. They can eff off.

I’m a white working class person who worked hard to build up money to buy a house and get a car. Life is hard when you have nothing, so make something of it and stop blaming everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Support workers are 'essential workers' . They worked through the first lockdown with no ppe . A support worker was probably the only person some elderly or disabled people saw for months.
They are yes but it doesn’t have to be announced as if they’ve risked life and limb throughout covid. It’s embarrassing. IMO checkout people on the supermarkets were probably the most exposed and least protected… they don’t get to wave around a blue light card and tell everyone they’re a hero!

Reactions: 17
They are yes but it doesn’t have to be announced as if they’ve risked life and limb throughout covid. It’s embarrassing. IMO checkout people on the supermarkets were probably the most exposed and least protected… they don’t get to wave around a blue light card and tell everyone they’re a hero!
I remember chatting to one lady on the till in B&M who’s had covid 4 times

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.