Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In this day and age women should not be expected to nurse their babies in public toilets. If malls and retailers expect mothers to spend their money in their stores, they should provide them with a room where they can safely nurse their babies.

Why is this still an issue?
Because people make it an issue. I'm hoping & planning to breastfeed and the whole situation makes me slightly nervous, though I know if I were to breastfeed in public - which I will and anyone says anything then I'm sure I'll politely tell them where do go

People who choose to keep having children when they are on benefits in a council house (and I mean when they have a 3 bed semi but have like 7 kids and are complaining the house isn’t suitable and the council won’t give them anything bigger). bleeping close your legs or use contraception and get a bleeping job to pay for the sprogs you keep popping out
Oh don't, this riles me up!!! Complaining they need a 4 bed for each child rather than the three bed they're already in and how long the council is taking:mad:!!! Council is there to help people who need it, not for anyone who cba to work or has no intention
I always shared a room with my sister growing up, does you no harm!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As long as you don't mind people watching, it shouldn't bother anyone.
Are some men really that desperate to catch a glimpse of boob that they would watch a woman breastfeed her child? How sad. I never noticed anyone ‘watching’ me when I was breastfeeding. A few people would look over and see, as you do when walking by - you notice things, but nobody stood there and ‘watched’ like I was doing some sort of performance in the shopping centre. That’s just weird and inappropriate. You wouldn’t stare at a baby being bottle fed like that, don’t stare at a baby being breastfed.

Reactions: 16
Because people make it an issue. I'm hoping & planning to breastfeed and the whole situation makes me slightly nervous, though I know if I were to breastfeed in public - which I will and anyone says anything then I'm sure I'll politely tell them where to go.
I was really nervous when I started BF as I thought people would come and tell me off or people would give me daggers. Most people don't care at all. Most people don't even notice. The only comments I've ever got was a few times from staff politely telling me they have a bf room, that's when I've fed on benches in a mall or once at the races, and old ladies telling me how brilliant it is to see a nursing mummy. I've worked in a cafe and staff are completely used to mums coming in and feeding, these stories in the papers where mums are told off are most likely made up for attention.

A guy was staring at me on a train once because he thought he'd get an eyeful. When he didn't, he turned around rather disappointed 😂.

Reactions: 13

Oooooo the breastfeeding debate is back.

Hold onto your hat because I'm about to revisit the Dr's receptionist debate again :ROFLMAO:

Actually, not the Dr but the dentists this time. Receptionists need to realise they are there to assist not to act like they're doing you a favour if you want to make an appointment. I'm not sure what makes these people think they're so important. They're the monkey not the organ grinder 🤬

Reactions: 19
Mother Theresa = vile old cow, hidden behind the media Sanctification

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I fed both mine in the early naughties anywhere I wanted. Nobody bothers.

When my first was a newborn and I was still getting the hang of things, the doorbell went during a feed. I carefully put my boob away before answering the door. It was the postie. His eyes popped out of his head as he handed me my parcel. Then I realised I hadn’t put the first boob away 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I was joking about people watching, but incase someone does look the person breastfeeding shouldn't get upset.

Reactions: 2
People who cant comment on a posts with still mentioning they are an essential worker!
prime example today on local page - a question was posted asking who should the poster contact about the sequence/phase time on a set of traffic light at a busy junction . lots of replies about how bad it is, long delays, who to contact etc and then some woman posts how its a nightmare for her as shes an essential worker!
Like all the other people being held up are irrelevant as they're only on their way to school or regular jobs ! 🙄
I feel like some parents do this a lot too. Start off their replies on social media with "As a parent..." when its completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Reactions: 12
Right I need more info on that.

She didn't care about human beings, she was a psychotic religious nutter that baptised dying people of Hindu and Muslim faith (without consent) refused basic care for the sick yet took lots of donations (didn't improve the sicks quality), sadistic in the name of Jesus and took "fancy" hospital treatment herself

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

She didn't care about human beings, she was a psychotic religious nutter that baptised dying people of Hindu and Muslim faith (without consent) refused basic care for the sick yet took lots of donations (didn't improve the sicks quality), sadistic in the name of Jesus and took "fancy" hospital treatment herself
She withheld pain relief for dying children so that they would die of the pain so that they would feel " closer to Jesus's pain" .
She was an utter bleep.
Many millions donations money went ' missing too.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Vile and disgusting individual. If hell was real, she suffer eternal damnation

Are some men really that desperate to catch a glimpse of boob that they would watch a woman breastfeed her child? How sad. I never noticed anyone ‘watching’ me when I was breastfeeding. A few people would look over and see, as you do when walking by - you notice things, but nobody stood there and ‘watched’ like I was doing some sort of performance in the shopping centre. That’s just weird and inappropriate. You wouldn’t stare at a baby being bottle fed like that, don’t stare at a baby being breastfed.
well we all latched as babies, it’s simple to maybe smile and turn away of you saw a mother feeding. I don’t understand the fuss and why women should hide away like it’s Victorian times

Reactions: 8
Wow, she's not someone I ever really paid any attention to, but wow, I'm shocked that she is held in such high regard when what she was like is such common knowlage. Didn't they cannonise her?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.