Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think people who get uptight about others calling their pets their children treat it way too seriously, it's just some light-hearted fun for people, doubt anyone actually thinks they're making the same sacrifices for their pets as others do for their children. Lots of annoyance over nothing 🤣

Reactions: 18
Yes, you have to be logged in to watch iPlayer and they regularly ask if you're a licence payer.

You can obviously lie and say you are, but I suppose your answers are logged and could be used to take action against you if they find you've lied.
As much as I don't like paying the licence fee or supporting a corrupt organisation, there is a lot of good stuff on the I player especially for the kids so I guess I keep paying for mine 🤦

Reactions: 3
Yes, imagine someone telling you they opted to save a dog instead of your husband/wife/family member because they "might be a serial killer" ?
It was a joke. However I have to say I 100% would save my dog before some family members.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My UO is if you've ever said anything neg about influencers you shouldn't judge other Tattlers for doing the same ( not aimed at anyone btw ) but I see more people coming on threads and telling people how nasty they are for saying xyz when they've said the same themselves on other threads ,especially when some of them don't really watch the influencers in question and don't know what they're about .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My UO is if you've ever said anything neg about influencers you shouldn't judge other Tattlers for doing the same ( not aimed at anyone btw ) but I see more people coming on threads and telling people how nasty they are for saying xyz when they've said the same themselves on other threads ,especially when some of them don't really watch the influencers in question and don't know what they're about .

Yeah. & people laying into the likes of Stephen Bear, I mean what has that bleep contributed to humanity? I think the majority of criticisms given to these 'influencers' are 100% valid.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All, this is not a thread to have a pop at Tattlers. If you have an issue report it for us to deal with.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is this when they put Botox in the lip to stop them showing the gums?
No its a way of making your top lip seem fuller rather than using fillers, heres a pic:
FB_IMG_1646668678752.jpg

Personally I just think it looks odd and that filler actually looks better but it is SUPER popular at the moment and I see lost of women my age with it done 🤷‍♀️

No its a way of making your top lip seem fuller rather than using fillers, heres a pic:View attachment 1108555
Personally I just think it looks odd and that filler actually looks better but it is SUPER popular at the moment and I see lost of women my age with it done 🤷‍♀️
I’m surprised people opt for that - when I see women with upturned top lips like that, I assume it’s from too much filler or filler gone wrong. Had no idea it was a look in itself!

I just think white women need to accept that we tend to have thin lips and that’s fine 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m surprised people opt for that - when I see women with upturned top lips like that, I assume it’s from too much filler or filler gone wrong. Had no idea it was a look in itself!

I just think white women need to accept that we tend to have thin lips and that’s fine 🤷‍♀️
Yes I thought that too until it was becoming way too common an occurance and I looked into it and found it's an actual look. I don't know why it's popular but it is, there's nothing wrong with "skinny" lips like, they look better than this!

Reactions: 2
What about the people who say that their dogs are their babies. Those people freak me out. “My fur baby” get away would you! Animals are not your babies. I can understand why you’d love your pet and they are often great companions but sorry, they aren’t babies and they should absolutely not ever ever sleep in your bed because that’s just disgustingly unhygienic.
But if a person doesn’t have babies and they look after their dog and love/feed/nurture it like someone would their human baby then why does that bother you so much? I’m assuming you have kids and love them dearly but some people don’t want kids and prefer to have a dog or other pet as their ‘baby’ instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
People who don’t bother to park their car in between the 2 white lines are the worst kind of people and deserve to have their car scratched. It boils my blood!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Didn’t think my comment would turn into a tit show but 100% I would save my dogs before I save anybody on this thread. I mean, people who think Dirty Dancing is a tit film really don’t deserve to be rescued 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 28
People who don’t bother to park their car in between the 2 white lines are the worst kind of people and deserve to have their car scratched. It boils my blood!!
Don't get me started on this one!! It causes such a deep, violent rage that I wonder if something happened in a previous life to make me so angry.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Didn’t think my comment would turn into a tit show but 100% I would save my dogs before I save anybody on this thread. I mean, people who think Dirty Dancing is a tit film really don’t deserve to be rescued 👀
I 100% would kick your dog off to make way for a person. Or my own fat arse 😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Probably already been done but my other unpopular one is my neighbours all trying to dump their manky old clothes on Ukrainian refugees instead of donating to DEC. Then telling everyone on Facebook.
The last thing the refugees need are unwashed, unwanted clothing. I worked in a charity shop for a while and people would donate bin liners full of sweaty T-shirts, jeans with broken zips, holey jumpers and cardigans with buttons missing.

I can easily imagine a lot of the donations for Ukraine are similar, which is why various charities have said NO CLOTHES!

They need first aid kits, blankets, tinned and dried food, nappies, formula milk, sanitary towels, toiletries, not a silver halter neck dress our Mandy got in the New Look sale but it didn’t fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.