Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some poor souls have a genetic defect where their deformed taste buds tell them fresh coriander tastes like soap. I think they need medical help or counseling. Or a light prison sentence if those fail.
Coriander does taste soapy to me, but I still love it. I won't be beaten though, there's no way I was ever ordering a curry without coriander so I just ate it until I liked it.

Reactions: 4
You phone them up, or contact via email. Tell them that you no longer watch terrestrial tv. They may ask some questions about what you watch generally. Be insistent, get any direct debits cancelled. If they turn up at your home they have no legal rights for access, do not let them in.

They have no way of knowing that in your property someone has watched live tv.
They'd know if you watch I player though wouldn't they?

Reactions: 1
So are you saying, that if there are two places left, you would rather I took my dog and left you behind.
What if the person you take is a serial killer and you have no idea? You wouldn't have that problem with a dog 🐶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I would save the human over the animal. Unless of course that person feels animals are more important and “humans are a disease”… then only in that case they better start swimming.

I find it bizarre and almost pretentious when people value the lives of animals over human beings.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
They'd know if you watch I player though wouldn't they?
Yes, you have to be logged in to watch iPlayer and they regularly ask if you're a licence payer.

You can obviously lie and say you are, but I suppose your answers are logged and could be used to take action against you if they find you've lied.

Reactions: 2
I would save the human over the animal. Unless of course that person feels animals are more important and “humans are a disease”… then only in that case they better start swimming.

I find it bizarre and almost pretentious when people value the lives of animals over human beings.
I take it as a sign that that person is fucked in the head if I'm honest.
I love animals but I'm gonna save a child or an adult over a dog or cat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I take it as a sign that person is fucked in the head if I'm honest.
I love animals but I'm gonna save a child or an adult over a dog or cat.
Yes, imagine someone telling you they opted to save a dog instead of your husband/wife/family member because they "might be a serial killer" ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love animals, not keen on rats and reptiles though. However I value human life over animal life. If I was in a sinking ship, I’d get my kids, my parents, my siblings and my husband into the lifeboat before my dog and cat. Arthur and Alfie are canny enough to survive anyway.

I live by the sea and every year there’s at least one person who drowns trying to save their dog from the incoming tide, and the dog always survives. Very sad. When you go to the coast, download a tide times app before you go walking on the beach.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone who says they don’t care about animals in a disaster is more fucked in the head in my view. I wouldn’t use the word ‘pretentious’ about any of this awful situation tbh. That’s a word I associate with cars, clothes and wealth signifiers.

i couldn’t say what I would do in a life or death war event and I doubt any of those grandly announcing who they would save would know either.

Edit - the dogs that go in the water where I live definitely don’t always survive but I wouldn’t go in after one in fast water either.
There is a fair amount of sneering towards people who love animals as if they are below the intelligence of the person sneering. Not aimed at anyone on here in particular just an observation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Anyone who says they don’t care about animals in a disaster is more fucked in the head in my view. I wouldn’t use the word ‘pretentious’ about any of this awful situation tbh. That’s a word I associate with cars, clothes and wealth signifiers.

i couldn’t say what I would do in a life or death war event and I doubt any of those grandly announcing who they would save would know either.
I don't think anyone said they didn't care. Only that humans come first. Anyone even saying they would save a dog or cat over a human is IMO a dick.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I don't think anyone said they didn't care. Only that humans come first. Anyone even saying they would save a dog or cat over a human is IMO a dick.
Yes they did. A poster said that, that’s why I mentioned it.

‘I literally do not give a tit about animals (even pets) when there are people dying’.

Unpopular opinion... I think you're a bit of a wanker 😂😂😂
so do I.

Reactions: 6
Probably already been done but my other unpopular one is my neighbours all trying to dump their manky old clothes on Ukrainian refugees instead of donating to DEC. Then telling everyone on Facebook.

Reactions: 14
What about the people who say that their dogs are their babies. Those people freak me out. “My fur baby” get away would you! Animals are not your babies. I can understand why you’d love your pet and they are often great companions but sorry, they aren’t babies and they should absolutely not ever ever sleep in your bed because that’s just disgustingly unhygienic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
What about the people who say that their dogs are their babies. Those people freak me out. “My fur baby” get away would you! Animals are not your babies. I can understand why you’d love your pet and they are often great companions but sorry, they aren’t babies and they should absolutely not ever ever sleep in your bed because that’s just disgustingly unhygienic.
I love my animals, I adore them!!! But they are animals not babies, not children!! They are hilarious and have 2 toddlers I can definitely see a resemblance in how they act 😂😂😂 BUT dear God, they are so, so, SO much easier to handle than kids. It's not comparable in any way.
Also the whole having dogs sleeping in your bed is gross to me, they stink, they just do, cats I think you can get away with though!

Reactions: 7
I don’t care, it doesn’t affect my life or harm me. Why do people care that people love their pets?
Maybe save the anger for the abusive ones?
I couldn’t care less that people let animals on their bed, maybe the dog is traumatised or a rescue?
I don’t care how well others clean their bathrooms or whether they pick their nose. The hygiene of others does not concern me.

spitting on birthday cakes, touching the petrol pump handle, re using a face mask twenty times are probably way more unhygienic 🤣

Reactions: 11

For me it's not about valuing one life over another. I value both. But people at least have more ability to help themselves than animals stuck in a man made crisis,that's why I care about pets stuck in Ukraine. People are getting help, animals are often forgotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well unfortunately the word pretentious by definition doesn’t always include wealth or cars.

I will always value another human beings life over my own pets and make no apologies for it. If a sinking ship was to go down I would save a human being regardless if they were related to me or not rather than my animals.

Don’t get me started on “fur babies” again. You’re not a mum because you have a pet, you’re a pet owner. Simple as. Animals should not be humanised or have human traits imposed on them. It makes them horrible. A person who will kiss their dog on the mouth and let it lick their face is disgusting. That tongue has probably been licking tit particles off its anus seconds prior. Grim.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't have nor want children and do not remotely view my cat, who I love so much, as a child in any way. My MIL refers to herself as a grandmother to the cat (she does the same thing with SIL's dog) and it creeps me out. I think I've said it before on here but she once called my husband the cats 'daddy' and I felt ill :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.