Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who don’t bother to park their car in between the 2 white lines are the worst kind of people and deserve to have their car scratched. It boils my blood!!
Look I bleeping try my best!!!! 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The last thing the refugees need are unwashed, unwanted clothing. I worked in a charity shop for a while and people would donate bin liners full of sweaty T-shirts, jeans with broken zips, holey jumpers and cardigans with buttons missing.

I can easily imagine a lot of the donations for Ukraine are similar, which is why various charities have said NO CLOTHES!

They need first aid kits, blankets, tinned and dried food, nappies, formula milk, sanitary towels, toiletries, not a silver halter neck dress our Mandy got in the New Look sale but it didn’t fit.
In Spain they only accept new clothes with the tags on, which I find quite suspicious.

Reactions: 3
Rich teenage girls can be the rudest and most sheltered people ever. I went to a private school and met many spoilt brats. There was one girl who’s parents bought her a car with a custom Gucci strip along the seats, it was very ugly and when I giggled when she was showing it off she told me that strip alone cost more than my dad’s car- she thought because I got the train to school my parents must not be able to afford cars 😂, as if they weren’t also sending their children to private school! One time she actually did have to get the train because her car was damaged and laughed at a homeless man who’d often sit outside the station, stating he should’ve worked harder at school, I would’ve hit her if I wasn’t scared of her.

Also, our sixth form kitchen was an absolute state (we had fruit flies 🤢 so I never used it) probably because most people were used to having their parents or even paid staff at home to clean up after themselves. I do think this is why people end up living with roommates at uni who don’t clean up after themselves, some of them are just spoilt brats who’ve never had to do lift a finger. I’m very grateful now my parents raised me to understand where everything I had came from and would have never let me behave the way she, or many of my other peers did.
Edit: I’m sure boy’s can be just as bad, maybe worse in some cases, but my opinions are from someone who attended an all girls school.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
In Spain they only accept new clothes with the tags on, which I find quite suspicious.
Now that IS suspicious - straight to eBay, then a couple of euro in the till and the rest in the manager's pocket, I bet. My local charity shop asks for paired shoes (I'm guessing they got given one odd shoe once). handbags, belts and clothes in clean wearable condition. No underwear unless as new with tags, which is fair enough. There's a separate donation bin for rags. Their best sellers are books and bric-a-brac though, not clothes,

Reactions: 3
Now that IS suspicious - straight to eBay, then a couple of euro in the till and the rest in the manager's pocket, I bet. My local charity shop asks for paired shoes (I'm guessing they got given one odd shoe once). handbags, belts and clothes in clean wearable condition. No underwear unless as new with tags, which is fair enough. There's a separate donation bin for rags. Their best sellers are books and bric-a-brac though, not clothes,
I had a big sort out recently and I always do two piles. One that is for the cloth recycling bin at the tip and one that is a bag for the charity shop. I only give to the charity shop stuff in really good nick. I've currently got a bag a really good winter coats ready for a charity shop. It drives me mad when I see people leave bags outside charity shop doors overnight that invariably get damaged and look like they are just full of crap.

I had a big sort out recently and I always do two piles. One that is for the cloth recycling bin at the tip and one that is a bag for the charity shop. I only give to the charity shop stuff in really good nick. I've currently got a bag a really good winter coats ready for a charity shop. It drives me mad when I see people leave bags outside charity shop doors overnight that invariably get damaged and look like they are just full of crap.
Bags left outside charity shops are deemed as fly tipping round here. Sometimes they get opened by people looking for treasure - I hope they’re greeted by a few pairs of Great Uncle Norman’s stained y-fronts rather than something they can sell on Antiques Roadshow.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Didn’t think my comment would turn into a tit show but 100% I would save my dogs before I save anybody on this thread. I mean, people who think Dirty Dancing is a tit film really don’t deserve to be rescued 👀
You say that, but I know you'd save me first, you just don't want the others to be jealous. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love animals but they are not people.

I agree with the OP. If your main focus is dogs when people including children are dying or in danger, you're a weird person.

A dog is a dog, in China they eat them. No one ever gets their knickers in a twist about all the farm animals left behind to starve. At least a dog can fend for itself.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

I agree with the OP. If your main focus is dogs when people including children are dying or in danger, you're a weird person.

A dog is a dog, in China they eat them. No one ever gets their knickers in a twist about all the farm animals left behind to starve. At least a dog can fend for itself.
It's possible to care both about people and dogs. And about farm animals. For me a weird person is someone who says people are dying so I don't give a tit about animals

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But if a person doesn’t have babies and they look after their dog and love/feed/nurture it like someone would their human baby then why does that bother you so much? I’m assuming you have kids and love them dearly but some people don’t want kids and prefer to have a dog or other pet as their ‘baby’ instead.
It’s more the fact that they would humanise their pet and let it sleep in their bed which is so unhygienic. I have 2 children and of course love them dearly but they are human children. And pets, no matter how loved or cherished are not human! That is what I didn’t say very well I think 🙈

Reactions: 6
It's possible to care both about people and dogs. And about farm animals. For me a weird person is someone who says people are dying so I don't give a tit about animals
It is sad that animals are victims of war. But flying dogs out when there are children that need saving is weird and the efforts should be made to save people first.

I think that poster was more saying people take priority, worry about animals once the people have been saved.

Maost people do want to save all animals and humans, but I think it's strange to actually want to prioritize dogs above people. And dogs are the only animal that is ever talked about. I don't know why they get this special status.

Reactions: 11
UO - Kind of wish Putin would just get on with it and nuke the entire planet. Everything. Nuked. No time to save humans or dogs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Tattoos on fat bodies look awful. Especially upper arm tattoos on women, which are hard to pull off on most women.

I love tattoos but putting them on fat bits just doesn't work.

• Haha

My dog can’t but he’s incredibly stupid. He’s the size of a Guinea Pig and thinks he could beat a Doberman in a fight.
Despite that, human life over animal life every single time.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What if I have a better figure than them and it’s nothing to do with jealousy? 😏

often I find that the ones that have it all out don’t actually have the figure to do so 🤪
What do you mean? It’s your body you can dress it how you like. Any body can wear any style of clothes if they wish to do so. don’t need a certain type of body for any outfit. If you are happy in it then you have the body for it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.