Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time this subject comes up, I will go on social media and then see something like this. Mother’s Day is for mothers, not bloody pet owners 🥴
3EDC1728-78C0-45CC-99C2-D48088653918.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I don't have nor want children and do not remotely view my cat, who I love so much, as a child in any way. My MIL refers to herself as a grandmother to the cat (she does the same thing with SIL's dog) and it creeps me out. I think I've said it before on here but she once called my husband the cats 'daddy' and I felt ill :ROFLMAO:
My sister has cats and refers to them as her babies. And even referred to them as my childrens cousins and my nieces at one point and expects everyone gets wrapped gifts for them at Christmas. No they are simply just their her pets in their eyes and mine. Quite frankly I find it a bit creepy and annoying. Yes love your pet but you didn’t birth the bloody thing! My kids step mum is similar with her pet rats.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love my pets but people who humanise them and act like their behaviour is 1on1 with people are weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What if the person you take is a serial killer and you have no idea? You wouldn't have that problem with a dog 🐶
At the risk of boring you all ad nauseam. There were some south Indian students refusing to fly back without their Huskies. This is totally wrong as the South Indian climate is totally unsuitable for that type of dog.

This is when there are other students desperately trying to escape. One student has already been killed.

Reactions: 4
Some people like dogs/cats/children and some people don't.. I am concerned when people get nasty or spiteful about innocent beings...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Some people like dogs/cats/children and some people don't.. I am concerned when people get nasty or spiteful about innocent beings...
I was going to say "me too" but then remembered this morning walking past my cat he made the skin of my legs into lace and I wanted to throttle him. He has never done that before. but he was neutered end of last week so might be a bit of his own back, so will let him off.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Humanising pets and thinking they think and see the world the same way we do just makes them spoilt and annoying to be around, especially dogs. They need to know their place in the pack and that they’re not top dog, some owners make life harder for themselves by not doing this.

People who make being a pet owner their personality are boring. duck off with your dog mum and cat dad t-shirts. Where are all the hamster dads and goldfish mums at?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
On the issue of people calling themselves dog mum/cat mum or their pets furbabies..

My issue with this is you’re taking away the meaning of being a parent/mother. Now i’m not saying being a mum (or dad) is the only valuable thing in life or that you are the salt of the earth beause you have chosen to have kids, but parents make HUGE sacrifices for their kids, something you don’t do for your pets, you obviously change your habits and life but they still fit into your lifestyle.

a small example (not the huge sacrifice before anyone comes atme) as a mother i cannot leave my child/baby at home to pop to the shops or go for meal.

mothers sacrifice careers and relationships for their kids, you don’t do that for pets.

again you can love your pets as much as you say you do, but sorry you’re not a parent to them and for those that say your child and pet is the same, its really not. if there was a fire and you could only save one, i hardly doubt you’d pick your dog over your child.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I am getting fed up of the news outlets on line whitewashing everything with news from Ukraine. I am not saying we should not be informed, absolutely we should, and it is totally heart breaking. I have done as much as I can to help with donations and spending time sorting some donations on Saturday.
But, there must be other news as well surely - every online news source is utterly dominated by it. I would rather there was just a live feed ticker in one place. It must make it incredibly tough for some people who find it too hard to deal with for it to be so unavoidable.

Reactions: 11
Humanising pets and thinking they think and see the world the same way we do just makes them spoilt and annoying to be around, especially dogs. They need to know their place in the pack and that they’re not top dog.

People who make being a pet owner their personality are boring. duck off with your dog mum and cat dad t-shirts. Where are all the hamster dads and goldfish mums at?
Goldfish mum here 🤣 they’re called Ginger pubes, Sad Act and Eyeball Paul. They would definitely survive a sinking ship. I’ve knitted them T-shirts and they buy me cards for Mother’s Day. When they are sad I cook them a roast dinner and massage their fins.

How people don’t feel ridiculous talking like this about their pets I don’t know!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Goldfish mum here 🤣 they’re called Ginger pubes, Sad Act and Eyeball Paul. They would definitely survive a sinking ship. I’ve knitted them T-shirts and they buy me cards for Mother’s Day. When they are sad I cook them a roast dinner and massage their fins.
Best post on Tattle hands down

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Well unfortunately the word pretentious by definition doesn’t always include wealth or cars.

I will always value another human beings life over my own pets and make no apologies for it. If a sinking ship was to go down I would save a human being regardless if they were related to me or not rather than my animals.

Don’t get me started on “fur babies” again. You’re not a mum because you have a pet, you’re a pet owner. Simple as. Animals should not be humanised or have human traits imposed on them. It makes them horrible. A person who will kiss their dog on the mouth and let it lick their face is disgusting. That tongue has probably been licking tit particles off its anus seconds prior. Grim.
Man some issue there 🤣. Pretentious usually means to impress with wealth or status or perceived culture. I doubt someone is trying to impress you by saying they love animals.

The distaste for animals is odd.

Reactions: 6
Man some issue there 🤣. Pretentious usually means to impress with wealth or status or perceived culture. I doubt someone is trying to impress you by saying they love animals.

The distaste for animals is odd.
Its not distaste at all. I think the issue lays with you. Also pretentious usually means an excessive claim. Does not have to be materialistic.

I like animals but I can’t fathom valuing an animal life over a human one. I find people who will are really unhinged.

• Sad
  • Angry
Its not distaste at all. I think the issue lays with you.

I like animals but I can’t fathom valuing an animal life over a human one. I find it really unhinged.
The sheer spite and anger really worries me when talking about other peoples lives and what they care for. Real hatred there and only one person has said that, not me. Just bizarre, the hygiene issues alone. (based on no science or logic). If only that was directed at genuinely horrible people rather than innocent animals and their owners. Something wrong to be so hateful.
I won’t derail the thread and continue this with you and I hope you feel better for your posts. I am sure you are doing all you can to help the refugees and other good causes. Sun is shining here, time to stop arguing online.

The sheer spite and anger really worries me when talking about other peoples lives and what they care for. Real hatred there. Just bizarre, but won’t derail the thread and continue this with you.
OK fair enough. It is unpopular opinions after all.

But I still believe the issue lays with you as no one here has expressed any hatred towards animals. Those that express a human life is worth so much more does not automatically mean they can’t stand animals and have “hatred” for them. Also where is an example of any “anger”? Lol.

OK fair enough. It is unpopular opinions after all.

But I still believe the issue lays with you as no one here has expressed any hatred towards animals. Those that express a human life is worth so much more does not automatically mean they can’t stand animals and have “hatred” for them. Also where is an example of any “anger”? Lol.
I literally quoted someone who said they didn’t give a tit about the animals?

Reactions: 3
I literally quoted someone who said they didn’t give a tit about the animals?

Still, I wouldn’t read their post as angry or hateful. To me it sounded like where human life is at stake, animals are the least of their concern. Maybe distasteful for you, if you value animal life more, but certainly not hateful.

Youre running away with yourself a bit there.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.