Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can get onboard with the Yorkshire Puds. Vile little things and misnamed. I thought I was getting pudding 😢
You phone them up, or contact via email. Tell them that you no longer watch terrestrial tv. They may ask some questions about what you watch generally. Be insistent, get any direct debits cancelled. If they turn up at your home they have no legal rights for access, do not let them in.

I cancelled mine before Christmas.
Had a knock at the door in January from the TV licensing people. Luckily husband answered and said I deal with it and I was ill in bed with Covid so they went on their merry way.
I did reset the DD…can they actually fine or prosecute if you don’t have one but watch live TV?
They have no way of knowing that in your property someone has watched live tv.

Reactions: 1
Factual inaccuracies in films.. Is it SO hard to check? We have the internet now it takes seconds..Just watching a French film where the whole point of the plot is centered around when he met his wife in July 1974... at a party they are playing Yes Sir I can Boogie by Baccara a well known hit released in 1977...🙄

I never understand when they say in this day and age that so and so has left school unable to read or write.. when I was younger we had to write on the blackboard and read aloud in class. I don't have kids so not sure how they are taught anymore but this boggles my mind as to who someone in the 21st Century can go through education between the ages of 5 to 16 approx and it not coming to anyones attention that they cannot read as a teen.

Obviously I am not talking about anyone with any kind of learning difficulties

I always say that about the orange faces and sharpied eyebrows... where do they get the idea from that this looks good? Genuine question
I don't understand it either, if they're not able to read because of laziness it means they're not doing any homework either , my son gets cloze precedure ,maths , mathletics ,reading and spellings as part of their nightly homework and a spelling /maths test every Friday so the teacher would catch on pretty quick if they're slacking, although not every teacher cares what's handed in .

Reactions: 1
UO - those long fake eyelashes that are so big that you can’t even see their eyes. They are so chavy and look ridiculous. I don’t understand how the person wearing them thinks they look good 👀
Literally why does any one glue anything to themselves in the name of beauty I’ll never understand it

Reactions: 8
They are complete lefties. They showed this during the buildup to brexit and since with their scaremongering about covid.
That’s strange as I know lots of left wing people who say the BBC is right wing. Laura Kuensberg seems very pro Tory.

Reactions: 6
That’s strange as I know lots of left wing people who say the BBC is right wing. Laura Kuensberg seems very pro Tory.
No I personally don’t think they are. It’s a very middle class, money, leftie, Labour loving channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s not as hard to make time to exercise as most people make out, most people are just lazy.
It’s not difficult at all to find time to exercise, I completely agree it’s just pure laziness 😴

I wouldn’t even pay the licence even when I did watch the BBC. If that makes me a tight arse in the eyes of some I couldn’t give a balloon knot. I won’t buy a TV then pay to watch it.
Do you subscribe to any of the streaming services like Netflix or have Sky/ Virgin ?

They are complete lefties. They showed this during the buildup to brexit and since with their scaremongering about covid.
One persons 'scaremongering' is another ones 'keeping me informed.'

No I personally don’t think they are. It’s a very middle class, money, leftie, Labour loving channel.
They are neither left nor right. they lie they hide things and they play left and right against each other Same goes for all governments and media these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The stuff about the BBC being biased is utter bollocks. They always present both sides of the argument - even when that means the presenter plays devil's advocate.

People just think it's biased because they've seen a few things on there they disagree with, then act like the BBC actually holds those views, rather than just giving them air time.

It's always the ones who say the BBC is made up of woke snowflakes who make a song and a dance about how they don't watch it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The stuff about the BBC being biased is utter bollocks. They always present both sides of the argument - even when that means the presenter plays devil's advocate.

People just think it's biased because they've seen a few things on there they disagree with, then act like the BBC actually holds those views, rather than just giving them air time.

It's always the ones who say the BBC is made up of woke snowflakes who make a song and a dance about how they don't watch it. 😂
That's it. Laura Kuenssberg courts sources in government (like any good political journalist would do) and she's a Tory fan girl. Invite owen Jones on a panel and they're 'leftie snowflakes.'

Reactions: 3

Actually a good point, if neither "side" is happy it's probably a good indicator that it's fairly balanced!! 😂😂

It’s not difficult at all to find time to exercise, I completely agree it’s just pure laziness 😴
I think people who claim that must either not work or have piss easy, regulated jobs where they know exactly when they'll be working and how many hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do you subscribe to any of the streaming services like Netflix or have Sky/ Virgin ?

One persons 'scaremongering' is another ones 'keeping me informed.'
Yes I subscribe to Netflix even though my UO declares it as tit! but I am not paying for something which is there when I turn on the TV pah!

If BBC want people to pay up so badly perhaps they should make it an opt in service like above 👆Just because it is there and I can watch it for free if I really want to 🥴 sometimes I do for the craic, nothing and nobody can guilt trip me into paying for something which is already there, if you wish to pay for it great. Paying the TV licence is a mugs game, if anyone feels strongly about it feel free to pay for it on my behalf!

Reactions: 3
agreed we need to look at what we class as exercise also..from what I have observed both recently and a few decades ago people used to drive to the corner shop 5 mins down the road etc.. we just need to walk more which is easily incorporated for most... stairs not lifts, get off the bus a stop eariler etc..

TBh i get very worried about the future obesity levels of children who don't seem to be able to walk home from school or visit the shops with their parents without those damn scooters. I'm telling you if I had kids there is no way they would be having them

Reactions: 10
The DailyMail comment section is a cesspit of mostly bitter, middle aged women who need to have a good look in the mirror before posting absolute drivel about people they’ve never met.

• Haha
The DailyMail comment section is a cesspit of mostly bitter, middle aged women who need to have a good look in the mirror before posting absolute drivel about people they’ve never met.
People should also feel free to express their opinion where there is a comments section for public domain. No matter how bitter and middle aged they are.

Reactions: 12
It’s not as hard to make time to exercise as most people make out, most people are just lazy.
Agree. It often comes down to priorities. If you prioritise Netflix over exercise then fine, enjoy, but don’t make a million excuses about it or insult those who make time to look after their physical health.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.