Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
World Book Day costumes should be backed up with a book.

Your kid wants to go as a Disney Princess or Marvel character? Fine, if they've got a book with that Princess or Marvel character in that they can take in on the day. The whole point of the day is to encourage kids to be interested in reading and books, not for them to dress up as a film character.
Completely agree with this. I used to work in a school and on World Book Day 5 of the girls turned up as Disney princesses and 1 came as a jedi. The jedi girl had a book and so did one princess but the others... Nothing. I understand their parents probably would rather send them in a costume they already have than buy or make something else but omg it's World BOOK Day for a reason! It's not as if there aren't Disney princess books.

Reactions: 12

Your kid wants to go as a Disney Princess or Marvel character? Fine, if they've got a book with that Princess or Marvel character in that they can take in on the day. The whole point of the day is to encourage kids to be interested in reading and books, not for them to dress up as a film character.
I’m thankfully passed the WBD years with my kids. At their school they had to dress up and bring in the book with the character they were dressing as.

Friend’s kid went in as a shark for Jaws. Different school and they didn’t have to bring the book in. Just as well as the novel of Jaws has some steamy scenes, not suitable for primary age kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As I mentioned previously I am of south indian origin, and there are a lot of South Indian students there, in the first two days many were turned back at border, but the latest news is that they are a bit more lenient now.

They were not virgin births, the kids could just as easily leave with their fathers.

Same reason why men should demand equal rights for women.
Their main weapons are molatov cocktails, do you really think a load of chicks would be any use at throwing bottles. It's also harder for women in the army because the weapons and packs are all designed for men's bodies.

Not everything is about equality and sexisum. Men are gonna be more useful in a fight, fact. Women can stay and figh or provide supportt if they want.

If it was here, I'd want to stay and fight (I was gonna join the army at one point) but my husband would be more useful to the army than me, so I would ultimately be the one to leave with the kids. Its just common sense.

Reactions: 14
[

Those make up counter girls are the worst. Every time I see them doing somones make up they look awful, thick brown foundation, bright unflattering lipstick. What ever happened to less is more.

When I was young makeup was supposed to enhance your beauty, now it's like a full mask desginged to make you look like a different person. They probably have to wear all the fake tan to match their orange contoured faces.
I used to work in a department store (not in the beauty but did often chat to the girls on there). They themselves have to wear at least 14 of the brands products at a time for the ‘sell’ 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Agree completely. Please can we add wearing football shirts which seems the go to at our school (although they could have an annual I suppose).

Having just witnesses two women nearly come to blows over the last bottle of pancake mix in the shop, my UO is ... if you can't make your own pancake batter in adulthood you don't deserve any pancakes.

Reactions: 19
Agree completely. Please can we add wearing football shirts which seems the go to at our school (although they could have an annual I suppose).

Having just witnesses two women nearly come to blows over the last bottle of pancake mix in the shop, my UO is ... if you can't make your own pancake batter in adulthood you don't deserve any pancakes.
Pancake mix is pathetic. It's what three ingredients. You don't even need scales. How hard is it to Google.

Reactions: 13
Just to add, the Americans only got involved because of Pearl Harbour. The US declared war on Japan and then Germany declared war on America.
Pearl Harbour was bombed after the US put sanctions on Japan.They stoped exports of oil, steel and iron and took over Japanese assets in the US too.

Don’t poke sleeping tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pancake mix is pathetic. It's what three ingredients. You don't even need scales. How hard is it to Google.
I think SO many people have zero cooking skills and no desire or confidence to learn. Also probably think that a mix is automatically going to turn out “better” than making from scratch.

Schools really need to teach kids basic life skills because so many parents aren’t able to.

Reactions: 10
World book day, at least the dressing up aspect needs to be abolished. Parents don’t need the stress of having to either buy or come up with a costume idea. Not everyone has the time or the money. I don’t blame parents for allowing their kid to go as Elsa because they already have the dress rather than buying a whole new costume because the whole thing has become a pain in the arse. Dressing up for WBD wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, it was more about books.

Pancake mixes have their place, if someone has health issues or conditions that can make cooking difficult or if they don’t have access to a proper kitchen, then I totally get it. Most people however are perfectly capable of making them themselves, pancakes aren’t hard, it’s really basic level cooking and takes about 5 minutes to whip up a mixture yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
World book day, at least the dressing up aspect needs to be abolished. Parents don’t need the stress of having to either buy or come up with a costume idea. Not everyone has the time or the money. I don’t blame parents for allowing their kid to go as Elsa because they already have the dress rather than buying a whole new costume because the whole thing has become a pain in the arse. Dressing up for WBD wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, it was more about books.
I hate the way WBD has turned into a racket for retailers to sell bloody costumes. And sure, I know we can be inventive and make one, or cobble something together with a child’s own clothes but a) I can’t be arsed with that and b) my child wanted a shop bought costume, so I got them one.

I don’t blame parents one bit for sending their kid to school dressed as Elsa or Spider-Man.

Tell you what I love though - the show off parents who sew a custom made outfit for an obscure book character just to show off 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 11
UO: loathe leather sofas.
In Summer your sweaty body's stick to them, in winter they are too cold and not cosy. Don't even throw a throw on them just get a fabric sofa in the first place

• Heart
Reactions: 23
In Summer your sweaty body's stick to them, in winter they are too cold and not cosy. Don't even throw a throw on them just get a fabric sofa in the first place
You don’t have kids do you? 😄

I would love a fabric sofa but that tit isn’t wipe clean.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm not saying kids can't go as Elsa or Spiderman. Buy a shop costume if you want. But it's World BOOK Day, put in some effort with the book part...or a comic, or a magazine, just something they can read. If money is an issue, join the library.

Too many kids don't read enough, and too many parents don't encourage reading enough.

Reactions: 15
You don’t have kids do you? 😄

I would love a fabric sofa but that tit isn’t wipe clean.
I was just thinking of getting fabric sofas to replace our leather ones because the kids were up. Then we got a puppy.

I do like leather though. It’s cool in summer and warm in winter.

Reactions: 2
I also loathe them, and my fat ass is currently sat on one 😂

I'd love fabric, but I have a kid, a husband who is messier than the kid, and 2 dogs. I need something that can be easily cleaned.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm not saying kids can't go as Elsa or Spiderman. Buy a shop costume if you want. But it's World BOOK Day, put in some effort with the book part...or a comic, or a magazine, just something they can read. If money is an issue, join the library.

Too many kids don't read enough, and too many parents don't encourage reading enough.
I think money being an issue is about people having to buy or make a costume, not being unable to buy or access a book.

Reactions: 5
Friends and family members who get dogs then expect them to be able to bring them over your house when they visit for the weekend!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I also loathe them, and my fat ass is currently sat on one 😂

I'd love fabric, but I have a kid, a husband who is messier than the kid, and 2 dogs. I need something that can be easily cleaned.
Is your fat ass feeling cold or hot 😂. Get rid of the husband, he can have custody of the kids, keep your dogs in another room and treat yourself to a fabric sofa 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.