Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm ok with farts but I cannot for the life of me stand a burp. Those ones that smell and are SO loud. Aggghh
I actually agree. I find a burp worse and I think they smell worse too! Probably because it’s right by your face where as a fart has some time to waft before it hits you 😂

Surprised by how popular my UO is!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you let rip, ensure you have an exit strategy to swiftly move away otherwise you may find you cant escape it yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 7
my unpopular opinion is some of the humour on influencer/guru/instagrammer etc threads is so tit. don't understand how some things get hundreds of reactions it wasn't that funny. also some ppl clearly want reactions to be validated like ur just as bad as influencers mate

Reactions: 16
I don’t think women should be embarrassed or shamed for liking designer handbags, men don’t get anywhere near the same amount of flak and jusdgement for owning expensive watches.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you let rip, ensure you have an exit strategy to swiftly move away otherwise you may find you cant escape it yourself
Everyone loves their own brand though, right?

Farting is brilliant, it helps alleviate gas pains and sounds hilarious. Dunno why people get all uptight about it, everyone does it! Im jealous of people who can burp though because I physically can’t do it and sometimes it feels like it would be a relief to.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You can use farting as a tool to keep people from getting too close in queues and while out shopping. A face mask protects your identity.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Taking a sh*t in public is not something to be ashamed of and anyone who takes the piss out of people who do are childish

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I saw someone physically lift their arse cheeks to fart when I was walking through town once, she just stopped dead in the middle of a conversation to let rip, it was the sort of one that echoed all around. I thought it was quite funny.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I saw someone physically lift their arse cheeks to fart when I was walking through town once, she just stopped dead in the middle of a conversation to let rip, it was the sort of one that echoed all around. I thought it was quite funny.
Have you been following me around town again?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
what's with girls from the UK and fake tanning? can anyone explain 😂 every influencer I follow from there looks the same, I don't know but these girls look ORANGE, how's that a good look? genuine question haha
View attachment 1092337View attachment 1092338View attachment 1092339
Yes i see a lot of girls and young women and even older sometimes in office attire in shops and Pret etc and walking around the town centre.. i'm sorry but it's not professional and looks revolting. You do not naturally have an orange face (whether its from fake tan or just as I am seeing sometime a bad foundation choice) and sharpied eyebrows . I would find it very hard to take anyone in business seriously if they are willing to go around looking like a clown.

Which leads me to a new UO

People that take ages to "get ready" it's pathetic. It takes an hour maybe hour and a half max if you have long hair to get ready. I know girls that would take 3 hours to get ready and then still run over and be late.

Slap some clothes on and get out there and have some fun. I always hated being stuck getting ready with the girls and wanted to be out getting on it with the boys. Why shorten your night brushing your hair and tit.
suspecting this is the instagram and social media culture of everyone must look "good"

We are so use to our slimy scummy politicians who do more bad than good to the country. Zelensky is a breath of fresh air and I think him staying in Ukraine has brought hope to the Ukrainian people.
I think a lot of them are returning home to fight because others have stayed to fight, I believe Ukraine will be OK ❤
Putin is bleeping scum, you're out of your bleeping mind if you think otherwise. I work with Russians, they don't want putin and he has a very low approval rate in Russia not to mention at this stage is an unelected dictator. I swear people would argue Hitler wasn't that bad a guy 🤣
I listened to a fascinating episode of the This American Life podcast yesterday on Putin and you would be surprised at some of the public opinions they found...

Private/unknown/withheld numbers shouldn't be allowed. What have these people got to hide?
the one that gets me is why job agencies have private numbers???

Ok I'll bite.. what's s wrong with Australia/Canada/New Zealand governments?

UO I refuse to believe that every siren I hear while at home is a genuine police or medical emergency. I have heard 6 today so far including 3 in the last half hour. They also seem to regularly go off between 8 am and 10 am in the morning and even on Sundays. I live in a relatively quiet West London town and i hear sirens there way more than when I am visiting New York. Also given the fact that you only see police around my town/town centre/area when they are picking up takeaway food or coffee and not dealing with the local drunk and drugged population /actual real crime this only adds to the fact I think they are just putting them on so their Nandos doesn't get cold.

Last edited:
Food does NOT need a pinch of salt every 5 seconds. If you're adding sauces and ingredients to pasta, these will contain enough salt so adding a pinch to boiling water is counter productive.

Reactions: 3
Taking a sh*t in public is not something to be ashamed of and anyone who takes the piss out of people who do are childish
True!! Everyone does it!!!
Okay... I first read this UO as taking a sh*t actually in public, like in a park or something, and was like, that's a bit extreme!:oops:

But if you mean in a public loo then I'm 100% with you!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes i see a lot of girls and young women and even older sometimes in office attire in shops and Pret etc and walking around the town centre.. i'm sorry but it's not professional and looks revolting. You do not naturally have an orange face (whether its from fake tan or just as I am seeing sometime a bad foundation choice) and sharpied eyebrows . I would find it very hard to take anyone in business seriously if they are willing to go around looking like a clown.

suspecting this is the instagram and social media culture of everyone must look "good"

I listened to a fascinating episode of the This American Life podcast yesterday on Putin and you would be surprised at some of the public opinions they found...

the one that gets me is why job agencies have private numbers???

Ok I'll bite.. what's s wrong with Australia/Canada/New Zealand governments?

UO I refuse to believe that every siren I hear while at home is a genuine police or medical emergency. I have heard 6 today so far including 3 in the last half hour. They also seem to regularly go off between 8 am and 10 am in the morning and even on Sundays. I live in a relatively quiet West London town and i hear sirens there way more than when I am visiting New York. Also given the fact that you only see police around my town/town centre/area when they are picking up takeaway food or coffee and not dealing with the local drunk and drugged population /actual real crime this only adds to the fact I think they are just putting them on so their Nandos doesn't get cold.
I got out of the way, as you do, to let an ambulance with lights flashing and siren blaring by. Further on, less than a mile, I stopped at the garage. The paramedics were inside buying snacks.

I think sometimes the fire service do test fastest routes at different times of day, which is fair enough.

Reactions: 2
I got out of the way, as you do, to let an ambulance with lights flashing and siren blaring by. Further on, less than a mile, I stopped at the garage. The paramedics were inside buying snacks.

I think sometimes the fire service do test fastest routes at different times of day, which is fair enough.
To their credit the fire engines rarely have sirens going.. they seem to only use them in real emergencies.

I do get baffled by the siren thing. It sounds petty but I am almost glad I don't have to WFH.. it's that disruptive. yes this is the town centre but it is also a highly residential area. What adds to the feeling that these sirens are not genuine emergencies is the fact that the ambulances are not talking the fastest route to the hospital but a really round about way to and from the hospital that is almost in the next town.

Fire services just make me think of when as a teen we had a fire in our home on Xmas Day at a time when there was NO traffic back in the day(unlike now) despite being a 5 or 10 min away from the fire station on a direct road the fire engine took that long to get to our home my Dad and our next door neighbour had the fire out by the time they turned up

I had a school friend who sadly died after collapsing age 15. She collapsed on the same road as where the ambulance station is. Road is a mile long at most. It was a Saturday night and the ambulance took nearly an hour to arrive.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Not sure if it's an UO but those BBC adverts for Comic Relief are really annoying.

I know they're for charity, but they're on every five minutes and weren't funny the first time. I'll happily donate if they stop playing them!

Not sure if it's an UO but those BBC adverts for Comic Relief are really annoying.

I know they're for charity, but they're on every five minutes and weren't funny the first time. I'll happily donate if they stop playing them!
I won’t, only about 000.3% of what I donate will get there, most will go on the celebs fees.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.