Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.
Yes, they did a brilliant job, but as someone who is 5'3" tall and 8 stone wet through I don't think I'd be much use as a soldier. I'd happily be a spy, message carrier, worker in a military hospital or support in other ways. All of this discussion is pointless though as more civilians will be killed than soldiers 😪.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
They are, but when push comes to shove do you think a mother is going to choose to stay and fight a rich man’s war over fleeing to get her children to safety? I certainly wouldn’t.
I just meant in general terms, not like mother/child situations

Reactions: 1
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.
Are they random housewives or trained soldiers with appropriate weapons. We're talking about everyday normal people.

Take 10 random men and 10 random women, which group do you think will have more people able to punch, throw far, lift heavy objects, carry heavy packs, load and use guns, build temporary shelters, dig.

It's got nothing to do with sexisum and simply biology and how woman and men are conditioned and raised .

Many women are capable of being soldiers and fighting, but when recruiting your army from civilians, men are always gonna be the safer option.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Are they random housewives or trained soldiers with appropriate weapons. We're talking about everyday normal people.

Take 10 random men and 10 random women, which group do you think will have more people able to punch, throw far, lift heavy objects, carry heavy packs, load and use guns, build temporary shelters, dig.

It's got nothing to do with sexisum and simply biology and how woman and men are conditioned and raised .

Many women are capable of being soldiers and fighting, but when recruiting your army from civilians, men are always gonna be the safer option.
I'm pretty sure they were forced into fighting yes.

And let's just take all 20 and put them to different uses.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I'm watching Come Dine With Me and really hate it how some people hold their knife, it's a sort of weird surgical grip with their hand under the knife and index finger on top.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When I was in my early 20s I knew so many girls working minimum wage jobs but walked around with designer handbags 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I'm pretty sure they were forced into fighting yes.

And let's just take all 20 and put them to different uses.
But then we're back to the original point of someone needs to look after the elderly people, infirm and children. If all 20 stayed then the kids would be left to fend for themselves.

It's a war, they made a common sense decision to make the men stay and fight and send the women off with the children. Even if they had said wives can stay in place of their husbands, how many men would have sent their wives off to war while they evacuated with the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But then we're back to the original point of someone needs to look after the elderly people, infirm and children. If all 20 stayed then the kids would be left to fend for themselves.

It's a war, they made a common sense decision to make the men stay and fight and send the women off with the children. Even if they had said wives can stay in place of their husbands, how many men would have sent their wives off to war while they evacuated with the kids.
Yes if they're mothers of course it makes sense to stay with the Children. And anyone responsible for elderly should not fight either. My original point if the situation permits that they're also capable.

Reactions: 1
Yes if they're mothers of course it makes sense to stay with the Children. And anyone responsible for elderly should not fight either. My original point if the situation permits that they're also capable.
No one ever said women are not capable of fighting in a war. They said men are in general more useful and so choosing to have the men stay and fight and the women leave had nothing to do with sexisum and equality and everything do to with common sense and simplicity.

And let's be honest most women would be bleeping useless. (I am a woman and I would be more than capable, but I can't say the same for any women I know)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
No one ever said women are not capable of fighting in a war. They said men are in general more useful and so choosing to have the men stay and fight and the women leave had nothing to do with sexisum and equality and everything do to with common sense and simplicity.

And let's be honest most women would be bleeping useless. (I am a woman and I would be more than capable, but I can't say the same for any women I know)
I wasn't really getting into sexism or equality either. It was just a passing comment about the Kurdish women in Syria.

Moving away from the serious stuff; I find it really weird that people post happy birthday messages to other peoples kids on Instagram, and even more strange that the parent of the birthday child reshares it
Speaking of kids, I can't help but be a tad judgmental when I hear the ridiculous names some of my peers give their kids. Recently, I had my colleague tell me how annoyed she was when she found out there were 2 other kids in her neighborhood who share her baby's (in my opinion, strange) name because she purposely picked it knowing it was uncommon. I didn't have any sympathy for her because the poor boy's full name had zero sentimental value (not a family name, not even a name of a character from her favorite book or movie) and she only picked it in hopes of it being "unique". It also sounds clunky when combined with her partner's last name. I'm fully aware that naming a child is 100% the decision of the parent(s). However, a name is also what you choose to let people know how to address you. That's when you can't really blame anyone for having an opinion about it in their own heads.

Reactions: 11
Speaking of kids, I can't help but be a tad judgmental when I hear the ridiculous names some of my peers give their kids. Recently, I had my colleague tell me how annoyed she was when she found out there were 2 other kids in her neighborhood who share her baby's (in my opinion, strange) name because she purposely picked it knowing it was uncommon. I didn't have any sympathy for her because the poor boy's full name had zero sentimental value (not a family name, not even a name of a character from her favorite book or movie) and she only picked it in hopes of it being "unique". It also sounds clunky when combined with her partner's last name. I'm fully aware that naming a child is 100% the decision of the parent(s). However, a name is also what you choose to let people know how to address you. That's when you can't really blame anyone for having an opinion about it in their own heads.
There's a Renesmae and a Nevaeh in my Son's class at school. I judge their parents every time I hear their names.

People forget they're not just naming a child, they're naming an adult too. It makes more sense to give a baby an adult-sounding name than a cutesy baby name, because they'll be an adult longer than a child.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When I was in my early 20s I knew so many girls working minimum wage jobs but walked around with designer handbags 🤦‍♀️
I've always been okay with basic £20 argos backpacks. A girl in my 6th form had her Balenciaga bag stolen when we were doing mock exams in the hall as she left it at the back. Too much stress worrying over losing it too.

There's a Renesmae and a Nevaeh in my Son's class at school. I judge their parents every time I hear their names.

People forget they're not just naming a child, they're naming an adult too. It makes more sense to give a baby an adult-sounding name than a cutesy baby name, because they'll be an adult longer than a child.
Come to the names you hate thread!!

Reactions: 3
I dislike handbags. Can't see the point of paying £800+ for a designer one.
I think it was Brenda Blethyn who, when asked if her success meant that she could now go out and buy a £5000 handbag, replied "Why would I want a £5000 handbag? I'd much rather have a carrier bag with £5000 in it"
Quite right too! 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Exactly. No one is saying women can’t fight, of course they can.

But when time is of the essence, when decisions need to be made by the families in Ukraine, then you play to your strengths. And if that means your husband/partner goes to fight whilst you make sure the rest of the family are safe then that’s what you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used a pancake mix today! They tasted good, so that's all I cared about. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hate it when online shops put the oversized clothes in with the regular clothes. Separate them please.

Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
It balances out for when men leave their women and children behind when they're fleeing other regions of conflict for the safety of Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Farting should be socially acceptable. I find them funny.
I nearly collapsed in hysterics once when a person let rip in the street near us & a small kid that was with them looked at them and said " Dear God...." and looked shocked. It was hysterically funny , the way he came out with it

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.