Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vegetarian meals should be kept to vegetarian cookbooks.

On the great cookbook challenge or whatever it is called, last night they said thete should be at least 50% non-meat recipes in a cookbook.

As an omnivore I want meals containing meat and vegetables not just vegetables. If I wanted a vegetarian cookbook I would buy exactly that

Reactions: 13
I have to agree, there is a mum at the school who is plus size but always looks stunning and dresses nicely for her shape. In fact I've copied her style a couple of times.
Yep, good style isn't limited to slim people. I mean, im fat and live in jeans and hoodies 😂 but walk in town on a Saturday and you will see slim people dressed awfully and beautifully, and likewise for larger people.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It also turns into men asking “why isn’t there an international men’s day” (I’m sure there is though) and then not to mention all the people who see the word “woman” as a slur.
This is, in November, they turned it into a while month long event with "Movemeber!!".

Reactions: 2
Meh, ask any fat person if they’d rather be fat and stylish or slim and unstylish they’ll pick slim if they’re answering truthfully.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I work with a lot of 20 something young women, some of whom are a bit on the big side. My unpopular opinion is this: why do they post heavily filtered, adjusted photos on SM, where they look absolutely beautiful (to be fair, they mostly are beautiful) but really tiny, with very slender figures and slim waists. One girl was moaning to me that she gets lots of offers of dates, but no guy has ever asked for a second date. I was tempted to say that she was catfishing them, they thought she was a stunning size 10, and instead they got a much bigger girl instead.

Nothing wrong with being big, but why the faked photos?

It's a bit like all the 5ft 9" men on dating sites - they are all much shorter than that.

Reactions: 17
Or fungus. Quorn is a fungus. So are some of the plant based sausages and burgers.

Bring on the meat!

My husband's good friend and wife are vegans, they also support Greenpeace (nothing wrong with that, but they do keep banging on about it) and are complete and utter bores to go out to dinner with, we have to research beforehand to make sure the vegetarian options are actually vegan and can't just go somewhere because it looks nice. My husband is braver than me and makes a point of ordering the biggest steak on the menu - I'm a coward and I'll go for some kind of pasta dish which doesn't contain obvious bits of dead animal.

Anyhoo, one day I noticed the wife was toting a lovely stylish but obviously leather bag. When I pointed out that a cow had to die to make her bag, she told me 'but it's vintage'. So cows who died a long time ago don't count. Hypocritical twit.
the fact that ICI had a hand in creating quorn has always made me question how healthy it is! ...The few times ive eaten its given me terrible stomach pains and 💨

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Anyhoo, one day I noticed the wife was toting a lovely stylish but obviously leather bag. When I pointed out that a cow had to die to make her bag, she told me 'but it's vintage'. So cows who died a long time ago don't count. Hypocritical twit.
I find this mentality really bizarre but is very common. What's the difference between a leather bag from 40 years to a new one? It's still leather.

Reactions: 6
Good looking people are often horrible and/or dull.

I know someone who is very pretty, has nice clothes and obvs makes a lot of effort and works hard on her figure (think I fancy her a bit myself lol) and she went out with a friend of mine and said she was duller than dishwater. Nothing to offer apart from that she’s nice to look at 🥱

Reactions: 8
I know a couple like this. She carries "vintage" handbags because they already exist and destroying them would make the cows lives even more of a waste, or some such shite.

She also bangs on about climate change and carbon footprints, shares several petitions a day about reducing this and stopping that. She never talks about her wedding 5 or 6 years ago where 30 people flew out to Croatia to watch them get married on a cliff. Obviously carbon footprints don't count when it comes to weddings. 😒

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Do people still wear mink coats? They must be vintage now, so surely it’s okay to wear a coat made from hundreds of dead rat-like creatures?

My grandma had a fox fur stole complete with a foxy head, ears, eyes, nose, and a foxy tail. It was revolting and terrifying to me as a small child.

However, I love my leather biker jacket, handbag and boots - though if the bag was made from a cow’s face, I probably wouldn’t like it so much.

Reactions: 3
I think regardless of fat or thin people need to stop always wearing clothes or styles because they are trendy or 'in' - people should dress in what suits them. Sometimes that is something that is considered fashionable and 'on trend' and sometimes it isn't. Mom jeans are an example that comes to mind, they don't suit everyone.

Reactions: 15
I think regardless of fat or thin people need to stop always wearing clothes or styles because they are trendy or 'in' - people should dress in what suits them. Sometimes that is something that is considered fashionable and 'on trend' and sometimes it isn't. Mom jeans are an example that comes to mind, they don't suit everyone.
Yes! I didn’t even realise skinny jeans weren’t ‘fashionable’ anymore?!

Reactions: 7
People who call you boring for not drinking and say you aren’t fun are either a) boring themselves and alcohol masks their tiresome personality or b) alcoholics who are in denial about their behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Very few people can pull “mom” jeans off without looking frumpy.

I don’t get those baggy jeans with more rip on them than actual jean. Thankfully I haven’t seen anyone wearing them for a while.

Dyed jet black hair women over 35 makes them look 10x older and like angry hard faced witches. Not flattering at all - unless it is their natural colouration.

Reactions: 13
masquerading as healthy food but generally as ultra processed as a chicken nugget.
That’s the thing. Supermarkets are proudly advertising their plant based ranges however it all comes in plastic packaging and is highly processed. It is this that affects our health enormously long term.

Reactions: 9
So much emotion in posts about size and clothing, it’s such a triggering topic, most people go into denial or defensiveness.

if we’re being truthful clothes are designed for thin people, the body is a hanger for the creation, and the creation looks better on a thin person, body positivity for the overweight body type is denial and as said above I’d say 99.99% of people who are “happay being me in me boday” would change their body in a heartbeat if they could

Reactions: 15
International Women’s Day shouldn’t be about trans women. So fed up of everything being ‘but what about the trans women’.
Equally men who scoff and say ‘what about international men’s day?’ and get angry for Jess Phillips for reading out the names of murdered women in parliament. I dunno, maybe you could campaign with your local MP to have the list of men killed in DV read out in November? Maybe you could get off your arse and actually do something instead of expecting women to do it for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So much emotion in posts about size and clothing, it’s such a triggering topic, most people go into denial or defensiveness.

if we’re being truthful clothes are designed for thin people, the body is a hanger for the creation, and the creation looks better on a thin person, body positivity for the overweight body type is denial and as said above I’d say 99.99% of people who are “happay being me in me boday” would change their body in a heartbeat if they could
Its neither denial or defensiveness. I'm a fatty now, and I was slim before kids. Being both slim and fat, you can absolutely feel the difference in how you are treated in certain situations. Its just how it is. Body positivity did have its place, but its been taken over and become something altogether wanky!

Anyway. Been there, done that with this topic 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.