Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also what is Queer? I thought Queer was an insult that the gay community reclaimed? But it’s used to describe anyone who isn’t straight right? Or is gay/lesbian/bi not the correct terminology anymore?
I was told the Q was questioning

Reactions: 2
"Minor attracted people" or some such tit. They tried to tack themselves onto the Gay Liberation movement in the 70s too. Although the way safeguarding for children is going lately they might be successful this time.
Just saw a bit with a woman setting a camp about teaching toddlers to masturbate. Wrong on so many levels. Stop trying to normalize this **** .

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Because if anyone expresses their distaste for it elsewhere we will either be silenced or cancelled I guess.
On an anonymous forum I can actually say what I think. You can barely even say the word woman without offending someone these days.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1111798

Still makes no sense to me. & I actually feel awful for thinking that.
I had to ask my gay daughter to explain non-binary to me, then a woman at work came out as pansexual and I was flummoxed all over again.

I’m glad the word queer has been reclaimed, I’m old enough to remember the skinheads going queer-bashing in the 70s.

Reactions: 6
If skinny jeans are “out” what’s “in” ???
Flared jeans look tit and straight leg are basically skinny anyway sooo what else is there?

Reactions: 8
Flared jeans look tit and straight leg are basically skinny anyway sooo what else is there?
Not the dreaded bootcut that Mumsnet posters are so fond of 😱😱

I will be a rebel and continue to wear my skinnies, they suit me - tall with long legs.

Are the latest jeans those baggy high-waisted ones, pale blue denim with rips in?

Reactions: 6
I don’t like wearing denim material at all. It makes my teeth curl.

I would opt for skinnies though, if I absolutely had to.

Reactions: 5
If I wear skinnies I wear them the same way I’d wear leggings .. that is arse covered and no camel toe on display. Straight, old school, non-stretch jeans that fit properly and don’t flare out at all are the most flattering on me.

I sold a load from circa 1995 - 2005 on eBay a few years back … about 40 pairs and made a small fortune, some pairs getting more than I’d originally paid for them. People want old fashioned jeans with no stretch but they are like hens teeth.

Reactions: 9
1. Rachel and Ross were on a break
2. Avocado is disgusting
3. Marijuana should be legalised and taxed

• Haha
2. Avocado is disgusting
1. Agree
2. Strongly disagree
3. Marijuana is one thing - but aren't many of the variants quite strong and hallucinogenic such as Skunk and can cause long term mental health problems. How would you differentiate between a gentle spliff and something really quite different?

Reactions: 5
2. Avocado is disgusting
I enjoyed avocado (sliced, never smashed) until I read somewhere (probably tattle) that the taste is akin to a penis and since the comparison Ive noticed it and never felt the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Loose or baggy fit seems to be very in at the moment. And so many people pair them with a loose fit shirt, oversized coats etc. I'm 5'3 and just feel like that style on my body looks like I'm wearing loads of stuff that doesn't fit.

Any jeans that suit you are "in" except those stupid cut out squares that show off all your thighs, they don't suit anyone so they are "out".

If I wear skinnies I wear them the same way I’d wear leggings .. that is arse covered and no camel toe on display. Straight, old school, non-stretch jeans that fit properly and don’t flare out at all are the most flattering on me.

I sold a load from circa 1995 - 2005 on eBay a few years back … about 40 pairs and made a small fortune, some pairs getting more than I’d originally paid for them. People want old fashioned jeans with no stretch but they are like hens teeth.
I remember saving up and buying my first pair of Levi 501's - 28" waist and there was no such thing as a woman's jeans, they were made to fit anyone and everyone. You were supposed to sit in a bath with them on to get them to shrink to fit perfectly.

I bloody loved those jeans. Absolutely no stretch whatsoever and a brilliant method of knowing one had gained weight :D If my jeans were super tight, it was time to cut back on the cheese and chocolate and Chinese takeaways.

With stretch denim, I can squeeze my fat arse into a smaller size than usual, but it doesn't mean I am a size 10. Unfortunately :(

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Any jeans that suit you are "in" except those stupid cut out squares that show off all your thighs, they don't suit anyone so they are "out".
I know a girl who would fake tan patches on her legs to wear cut out jeans. Not her whole legs. Patches.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know a girl who would fake tan patches on her legs to wear cut out jeans. Not her whole legs. Patches.
She must have looked interesting when she took her jeans off. People probably thought she had vitiligo.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.