Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like the idea of tattoos when I was in my teens and into my twenties but now I’m in my thirties not so much. I see the state of my friends/various acquaintances tattoos they had done I’m glad I don’t have any. There’s a lot that are only 10ish years old that have faded or almost smudged and now look really grotty and dirty. I’m not sure if it’s because they went to a tit artist or what but they’re grim. There’s a trend at the moment for very very brightly coloured tattoos (usually Disney or anime but sometimes just a random design) that I just know will look horrific In 5-10 years.

Reactions: 1
I don't mind if people are vegan. As I have tried it out Myself. But why do vegans have to keep telling people that they are vegan. It's like "hey how are you today" and they reply"hey I'm vegan" 😂😂
Being vegan also doesn't mean your a good or better person either 😂 it's like some of them expect a round of applause or an award or something!!

• Angry
Reactions: 12
International womens day. I get what it’s about, but Instagram is hell on earth today and it’s so much more than tagging a load of influencers in a story.

Reactions: 15
I don't mind if people are vegan. As I have tried it out Myself. But why do vegans have to keep telling people that they are vegan. It's like "hey how are you today" and they reply"hey I'm vegan" 😂😂
ping it back.. hey i'm not vegan

• Haha
Reactions: 6
On the vegan theme. The amount of vegan/plant based ads on tv and radio at the moment is doing my head in.

Reactions: 16
I am getting fed up of the news outlets on line whitewashing everything with news from Ukraine. I am not saying we should not be informed, absolutely we should, and it is totally heart breaking. I have done as much as I can to help with donations and spending time sorting some donations on Saturday.
But, there must be other news as well surely - every online news source is utterly dominated by it. I would rather there was just a live feed ticker in one place. It must make it incredibly tough for some people who find it too hard to deal with for it to be so unavoidable.
Well said, I agree. Tbh I'm sick of the saturation coverage both on TV and several pages in newspapers. Also agree we need to be informed but less is more.

Reactions: 6
International Women's Day would be nice if it were solely to highlight serious issues and inequalities like access to education and reproductive rights in developing countries. But it's all just overshadowed by shite on social media like anything else vaguely meaningful.

Reactions: 21
Well said, I agree. Tbh I'm sick of the saturation coverage both on TV and several pages in newspapers. Also agree we need to be informed but less is more.
We need to be informed but instead of hundreds of news teams from all the countries giving opinion based reports there should be one neutral news team who distribute the reports to all outlets (as per large sporting events).

The war reporters are pissing me off, acting as if they’re the heroes. More likely they’re a massive pain in the arse to the locals, getting in the way and in their faces.

In this digital age most of it can be done remotely.

Reactions: 8
Agreed, couldn't care less it's IWD. The only time I liked it was in the '90's because it was basically a day where we did nothing at school. They'd have all the girls in the hall and we'd have speakers about women's issues untill lunch time and then we got free time to just do what we want. Although being a boy was probably better as they didn't have to sit through the boring speakers

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It also turns into men asking “why isn’t there an international men’s day” (I’m sure there is though) and then not to mention all the people who see the word “woman” as a slur.

Reactions: 11
What do you mean? It’s your body you can dress it how you like. Any body can wear any style of clothes if they wish to do so. don’t need a certain type of body for any outfit. If you are happy in it then you have the body for it.

Fat people don’t look as good in clothes as slimmer people. That’s what I mean.

• Haha
Fat shaming is cuntish.

16 threads in and there are the same topics coming round in circles.

• Heart
  • Angry
Its literally not a fact. It is opinion.

Slim people can dress like absolute cunts, and bigger people can dress really nicely. And vice versa. It has nothing to do with size or shape. It is about dressing for what suits you. Some people, regardless of shape or size, will wear what they want regardless and while it may not look good, i rate them for their lack of fucks given and their confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
masquerading as healthy food but generally as ultra processed as a chicken nugget.
Or fungus. Quorn is a fungus. So are some of the plant based sausages and burgers.

Bring on the meat!

My husband's good friend and wife are vegans, they also support Greenpeace (nothing wrong with that, but they do keep banging on about it) and are complete and utter bores to go out to dinner with, we have to research beforehand to make sure the vegetarian options are actually vegan and can't just go somewhere because it looks nice. My husband is braver than me and makes a point of ordering the biggest steak on the menu - I'm a coward and I'll go for some kind of pasta dish which doesn't contain obvious bits of dead animal.

Anyhoo, one day I noticed the wife was toting a lovely stylish but obviously leather bag. When I pointed out that a cow had to die to make her bag, she told me 'but it's vintage'. So cows who died a long time ago don't count. Hypocritical twit.

• Heart
Its literally not a fact. It is opinion.

Slim people can dress like absolute cunts, and bigger people can dress really nicely. And vice versa. It has nothing to do with size or shape. It is about dressing for what suits you. Some people, regardless of shape or size, will wear what they want regardless and while it may not look good, i rate them for their lack of fucks given and their confidence.
I have to agree, there is a mum at the school who is plus size but always looks stunning and dresses nicely for her shape. In fact I've copied her style a couple of times.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.