Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think any university course can benefit a person’s life if they actually out the effort in and get the most out of it. However I do think schools should help students see that there are other options. When I was doing GCSEs all teachers talked about was what A Levels we wanted to take and then when I got to A Levels it became about what university course you wanted to apply for. I’m currently studying on a vocational course so know what I’m going to after uni, however I do wish I’d known more about alternatives to A Levels as I don’t think they were right for me and know I could’ve done a Btec course and still got into uni. I think a lot of students end up applying for subjects they enjoy because it’s difficult to know what you want to at 18, and end up differing making a decision for a few more years. I probably would’ve ended up doing the same if I hadn’t taken a gap year to properly think about what I wanted to do.

Reactions: 9
Because it is not a free service and you're enjoying and watching something you haven't paid for.
It’s there though and despite not paying I still have access to it if I wanted it. No one should be paying into a company that endorsed a paedophile.

Reactions: 2
I'm really glad I did a levels, and glad I didn't go to university. I could have gone with my job, but I'm in the same position career wise as friends who have been to uni but in a lot less debt,

Reactions: 2
Unpopular opinion. Dirty dancing is a absolute shite!
ou are no longer welcome on this thread. Please show yourself out
Ok, but…..
It really is tit 😐 I don’t see the appeal at all.
Granted I’ve never seen the appeal to grease either, maybe I’m broken.

I loved gremlins, that gets no love, and if it needs to be a love story id rather watch the bodyguard or sleepless in Seattle 😂 classics!

don’t get me started on Mamma Mia 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ok, but…..
It really is tit 😐 I don’t see the appeal at all.
Granted I’ve never seen the appeal to grease either, maybe I’m broken.

I loved gremlins, that gets no love, and if it needs to be a love story id rather watch the bodyguard or sleepless in Seattle 😂 classics!

don’t get me started on Mamma Mia 😐
I can co-sign the rest 😁 Mamma Mia really is one of the worst films ever made.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t like any kind of gold, silver jewellery all the way for me. My wedding ring was about £4 from a Greek street market in Santorini and is still going strong. People assume it’s white gold or platinum - I’ve never been wealthy enough to upgrade, nor would I want to.

I particularly dislike highly visible jewellery like thick neck chains and sovereign rings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I had to have a yellow gold engagement and wedding ring, you (general you) can shove your platinum / white gold, I don't care if they're trendy and yellow gold is considered dated! It suits me much better and it's classic

Reactions: 13
Bacon is grim... The smell of it when it's cooking🤢the way it looks🤢I don't understand why or how so many people can eat it

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Bacon is grim... The smell of it when it's cooking🤢the way it looks🤢I don't understand why or how so many people can eat it
Bacon, for me, is one of those foods that smell better when they’re cooking, than they taste. Same with coffee and toast. Smell delicious, taste boring.

Reactions: 4
Universities are scams. Why do we force so many people to go through them? Especially now that they are often of little benefit in actually getting a job.
I agree with this somewhat and I can tell you why.

I worked at UCAS for a while and saw the thousands of unfilled university roles during clearing and after about 5000 still unfilled. Lots of universities offering stupid bleeping courses like surf board design etc lots of people go to university and don’t go into the career after their degree. It’s all a waste of taxpayer money. It’s okay for those who run universities to be on half a million pound salaries

apprenticeships are the way forward

Reactions: 12
I saw this earlier the answer to creating the ideal partner lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven’t been following the thread so apologies if this doesn’t fit here but seemed like a good place to vent my current frustration: people posting “good news” stories about rescued animals or sharing posts lamenting the poor animals trapped in war zones (be that Afghanistan, Ukraine or wherever)

I literally do not give a tit about animals (even pets) when there are people dying *

*I get the two aren’t mutually exclusive but still 😤

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I haven’t been following the thread so apologies if this doesn’t fit here but seemed like a good place to vent my current frustration: people posting “good news” stories about rescued animals or sharing posts lamenting the poor animals trapped in war zones (be that Afghanistan, Ukraine or wherever)

I literally do not give a tit about animals (even pets) when there are people dying *

*I get the two aren’t mutually exclusive but still 😤
They say a civil society is measured by how they look after the vulernable. I guess you are still a savage

I'd much rather animals be saved that don't know what's going on and had no choice in the matter (I know Ukraine also didn't) Humans are a disease and really the world would be better without us

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
They say a civil society is measured by how they look after the vulernable. I guess you are still a savage

I'd much rather animals be saved that don't know what's going on and had no choice in the matter (I know Ukraine also didn't) Humans are a disease and really the world would be better without us
So are you saying, that if there are two places left, you would rather I took my dog and left you behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Coriander is amazing. i would have it on anything and everything if i could!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Coriander is amazing. i would have it on anything and everything if i could!
Some poor souls have a genetic defect where their deformed taste buds tell them fresh coriander tastes like soap. I think they need medical help or counseling. Or a light prison sentence if those fail.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.